shape
carat
color
clarity

Feelers for tennis bracelets (20pts) and necklace (est 15pts)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been wearing these and was wondering if anyone was interested. Only if people are interested, will I send them to the US. Was thinking of using Dave Atlas for an appraisal and Grace as a middle-person.

I don't know what to ask for them yet. If anyone is interested, can you please let me know.

The diamonds from the two bracelets come from IDJ. It was one tennis bracelet, of 20 pts and F-G colour, SI clarity. I have the invoice from IDJ. The diamonds in the necklace should be 15 pts each (but can be determined exactly once appraised). All are in white gold (though I don't know if it's 14k or 18k).

tennis_2-jpg.471161

sweet_alhambra-jpg.471317

line_necklace__amp__bracelet-jpg.469745

line_necklace__amp__bracelet_2-jpg.469747

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pics:
necklace__amp__0-jpg.470029

line_necklace__amp__0-jpg.470030

phx_13_may_0-jpg.469011

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will post the length of each in a bit.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The necklace is 14.5 inches long and each bracelet 6 inches long. Subject to agreement on pricing, I can have them lengthened here.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you please give a general idea of pricing?
I'm not in the market yet, but in summer I have a milestone event coming up and DH is thinking tennis bracelet.... I'd actually like to know pricing on the all diamond and the ruby and diamond one. Thanks!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be interested as well on behalf of my mom. She also has tiny wrists so no lengthening required lol. A ballpark price and total carat estimate for the bracelets would be great.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari, @MakingTheGrade, the tennis bracelets were made from 1 tennis bracelet sold me to me by IDJ, which was 7.4ctw for 20pt diamonds, so 37 stones each. It cost me USD7,500 (not taking into account Singapore sales tax).

The all-diamond one now has 28 of these 20pt stones, making it a total ctw of 5.6ctw. Just based on the diamonds alone (ignoring, for simplicity, the cost of the original setting and the new setting, the latter costing more since it required more gold and more labour), it should be $5,675. I'd like to ask for $4,000 firm (representing a 30% discount). I'd cover the international shipping (most likely, I'd send by Brinks which would be quite pricey). The buyer would cover any incoming US taxes and duties (I don't know if there would be any, you'd need to please check) and all wire transfer fees (which should be minimal).

The ruby and diamond one has 9 diamonds or 1.8ctw. The cost of the diamonds = $1,824. There are 18 rubies altogether, though I don't remember the exact weight. I seem to vaguely remember the rubies cost about that kind of pricing, ball park. I don't know either if the rubies were heated (let's just assume they were). I'd like to ask for $2,600 firm for this bracelet. Same terms as for the other bracelet.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I'd be happy to send these to a PS-approved appraisers. I'd, however, like to split the fee 50-50. If we use an appraiser, there may not be a need to use Grace's services.

For finalising the various charges and who bears what as well as the logistics involved, it may be best to discuss offline.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, Phoenix. I'll email you

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just checked and found your contact in my email.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:x2 Grrr my wrist is too fat :(2 that ruby and diamond :love:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix, I’m not in the market for bracelets but good luck, they are gorgeous! Please do post again if you have other pieces you want to sell locally, will alert the others in the Sg whatsapp group (mostly we chat about shopping and gem fairs, you can msg @Rare gem lover on insta to join).

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ive never heard of Brinks shipping. Is that commonly used for international shipping?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, I’m not in the market for bracelets but good luck, they are gorgeous! Please do post again if you have other pieces you want to sell locally, will alert the others in the Sg whatsapp group (mostly we chat about shopping and gem fairs, you can msg @Rare gem lover on insta to join).

Ah cool!! Thank you!!:) :)

I have a ton of other stuff I'd like to sell, preferably locally.

I'll message @Rare gem lover. I will also try to post the other items here soon.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ive never heard of Brinks shipping. Is that commonly used for international shipping?

Yes, indeed it is. Couriers like FedEx or DHL do not provide insurance. Brinks does, but their charges are a lot higher.

Here's their website. It may take you to Brinks US. My search usu. takes me to Brinks Singapore.
https://www.brinks.com/en/#
https://www.brinks.com/en/public/brinks/diamonds-jewelry

I used them when I shipped a high-valued package of jewellery last time I sent back Holly for size alteration, along with some other stuff I was selling /upgrading.

Last edited:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I particularly adore the ruby & diamond bracelet ... sigh, for my wrist I'd need a 7.25" length so I don't think your 6" bracelet would work for me ... darn it.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, indeed it is. Couriers like FedEx or DHL do not provide insurance. Brinks does, but their charges are a lot higher.

Here's their website. It may take you to Brinks US. My search usu. takes me to Brinks Singapore.
https://www.brinks.com/en/#
https://www.brinks.com/en/public/brinks/diamonds-jewelry

I used them when I shipped a high-valued package of jewellery last time I sent back Holly for size alteration, along with some other stuff I was selling /upgrading.

Ah I see. I’ve only ever shipped Registered mail for international jewelery.
I’m interested in the diamond ruby bracelets but not sure how to contact you. Do you have a loupetroop listing with your info?

Hehe maybe I should just plan my next vacation to be in Singapore... lol

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah I see. I’ve only ever shipped Registered mail for international jewelery.
I’m interested in the diamond ruby bracelets but not sure how to contact you. Do you have a loupetroop listing with your info?

Hehe maybe I should just plan my next vacation to be in Singapore... lol

How did you insure your jewellery when you shipped internationally? Was there an upper limit? I am pretty sure for Singapore post, the insurance limit is very low - ridiculously low in fact.

Someone has expressed an interest in the diamond + ruby bracelet, but nothing has finalised yet. I should contact her anyway, out of courtesy, to see if she wouldn't mind if I also talk details with you. Let me get back to you soonest.

It'd be so cool if you could come to Singers.

Last edited:

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that necklace is lovely...I might be interested. Can you provide details similar to those you've posted for the bracelets?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I wish I had a smaller wrist too- the diamond bracelet is really lovely!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I particularly adore the ruby & diamond bracelet ... sigh, for my wrist I'd need a 7.25" length so I don't think your 6" bracelet would work for me ... darn it.
You and me both - do you think there’s wrist reduction surgery?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that necklace is lovely...I might be interested. Can you provide details similar to those you've posted for the bracelets?

I will. I just need to go to the jeweller's to get an idea of how big the diamonds are, and to get a better assessment on the colour and clarity. They may actually have to take one link or 2 apart and weigh the diamonds & examine them just to be on the safe side.

I will post details and pricing then. Thank you for your interest and patience.:)

ETA: Would you want to have the necklace lengthened? I was thinking of adding 2 or 4 more diamonds, if I were to keep it, bc for some reason the necklace doesn't fit as comfortably anymore.

Last edited:

dumbo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am looking for a nice used bracelet or necklace for my wife! I looked at doing a new WF bracelet, but always prefer to buy used if possible. It works really well for everyone involved!

Is sending a message directly to another member allowed on this forum? Unlike most forums, I don't see a way to do this.

Please put me down as very interested. Thank you!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking for a nice used bracelet or necklace for my wife! I looked at doing a new WF bracelet, but always prefer to buy used if possible. It works really well for everyone involved!

Is sending a message directly to another member allowed on this forum? Unlike most forums, I don't see a way to do this.

Please put me down as very interested. Thank you!

Thank you. I am putting you down as very interested. Any of the 3 you're most keen on?

I will put up a LT listing for people to contact me. Bear with me!:)

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
I will. I just need to go to the jeweller's to get an idea of how big the diamonds are, and to get a better assessment on the colour and clarity. They may actually have to take one link or 2 apart and weigh the diamonds & examine them just to be on the safe side.

I will post details and pricing then. Thank you for your interest and patience.:)

ETA: Would you want to have the necklace lengthened? I was thinking of adding 2 or 4 more diamonds, if I were to keep it, bc for some reason the necklace doesn't fit as comfortably anymore.

Thanks, Phoenix, no rush. And, yes, I think a longer length would probably work better and be more comfortable, at least based on my quick measurements!

LexiTheDoxi

Rough_Rock
Hi Phoenix. I am interested in purchasing the all diamond tennis bracelet. Hang tight while I get through to you via loupe troop. I'm having a hard time logging into my account.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix. I am interested in purchasing the all diamond tennis bracelet. Hang tight while I get through to you via loupe troop. I'm having a hard time logging into my account.

No worries. Hanging tight!:D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results