shape
carat
color
clarity

Any suggestions for Branson MO?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My best friend's dad has a time share in Branson MO. He has given her one of his weeks. So we are going down mid November. She's been several times (though not in several years) but I have never been. I know there are a ton of things to do, but I was wondering if anyone had anything that they feel is a must see/must do/must eat at. The last one is probably what I am looking forward to most. A whole week of not cooking (for the most part, though our place does have a kitchen) and having someone wait on me.

We are more laid back, no rock concerts please. ::) Or zip lining.
yikes2.gif
Shopping is high on the agenda list.
1899443gr3q2j7j4h.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't offer suggestions, Ellen, since it has been quite a few years since I have been there. I went with a group of friends and we saw a "Noah's Ark" show that was really spectacular, and saw quite a few shows. Some were good and some were kinda cheesy, but we had fun. It is so very humid. I was not used to that kind of humidity being from CA. My hair was flat in two seconds. What I found the best, was how nice all the people were. They actually talked to you. It was really funny because on the way back we had a layover and you could tell who the Orange County people were on the flight. They had attitudes you could physically see. I was blown away by that and have never quite gotten over it. I had no idea until we went to Branson. Maybe it was just the people on that flight, but it was quite a shocker to me. I hope you have great time!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't offer suggestions, Ellen, since it has been quite a few years since I have been there. I went with a group of friends and we saw a "Noah's Ark" show that was really spectacular, and saw quite a few shows. Some were good and some were kinda cheesy, but we had fun. It is so very humid. I was not used to that kind of humidity being from CA. My hair was flat in two seconds. What I found the best, was how nice all the people were. They actually talked to you. It was really funny because on the way back we had a layover and you could tell who the Orange County people were on the flight. They had attitudes you could physically see. I was blown away by that and have never quite gotten over it. I had no idea until we went to Branson. Maybe it was just the people on that flight, but it was quite a shocker to me. I hope you have great time!
:lol: I'm laughing because I would love for mine to go flat. I live within 5 hours of Branson, on the river. So I know the humidity all too well. And I have naturally curly hair, which just turns to frizz if I leave it down. :eek2: :bigsmile: Which is why it is worn up basically from June-September. :rolleyes:

And your assessment of midwesterners is correct, we are a pretty friendly people. :wink2:

I bet you saw Noah's Ark at the Sights and Sounds Theater. It is showing Samson through Dec. so we may take that in.

Thanks for the well wishes!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are probably right about the Noah show. What a spectacle! Samson would be an interesting show also. I would love to go back to see it with my husband. One of the friends I went with has hair like yours. When she get in humidity it just keeps growing and growing. Its kinds hilarious. My hair is curly in its natural state but very fine. Oh for perfect hair! I guess I will be waiting for eternity to have that.

I hope you come back to this thread and tell all about what you saw!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are probably right about the Noah show. What a spectacle! Samson would be an interesting show also. I would love to go back to see it with my husband. One of the friends I went with has hair like yours. When she get in humidity it just keeps growing and growing. Its kinds hilarious. My hair is curly in its natural state but very fine. Oh for perfect hair! I guess I will be waiting for eternity to have that.

I hope you come back to this thread and tell all about what you saw!
Won't that be Heaven!! ::) ;))

I will absolutely fill you in. I am getting rather excited. I've been married 36 years and have never taken a trip without my other half. Not that I was opposed to it, the chance just never presented itself. Plus, I am going with my oldest friend, we met in 7th grade. Fun.
party.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lived in St. Louis for nine years...so we went to Branson many times..It’s very cheesy but in a good way. My son loved all the shows and the people are so friendly...You’ll have a great time!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lived in St. Louis for nine years...so we went to Branson many times..It’s very cheesy but in a good way. My son loved all the shows and the people are so friendly...You’ll have a great time!
I'm not all that far from there. When did you move away?

And yeah, in researching Branson, I can see a lot of stuff I personally wouldn't care about, but there are a few shows I wouldn't mind seeing, and some great shopping places. Plus a ton of restaurants. That's probably going to be the highlight, not having to cook, not having to do dishes, and have someone wait on me for a change. :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not all that far from there. When did you move away?

And yeah, in researching Branson, I can see a lot of stuff I personally wouldn't care about, but there are a few shows I wouldn't mind seeing, and some great shopping places. Plus a ton of restaurants. That's probably going to be the highlight, not having to cook, not having to do dishes, and have someone wait on me for a change. :appl:
It’s about six years now. We moved around a lot with my husband’s job. I lived in Town and Country, Missouri.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My best friend's dad has a time share in Branson MO. He has given her one of his weeks. So we are going down mid November. She's been several times (though not in several years) but I have never been. I know there are a ton of things to do, but I was wondering if anyone had anything that they feel is a must see/must do/must eat at. The last one is probably what I am looking forward to most. A whole week of not cooking (for the most part, though our place does have a kitchen) and having someone wait on me.

We are more laid back, no rock concerts please. ::) Or zip lining.
yikes2.gif
Shopping is high on the agenda list.
1899443gr3q2j7j4h.gif
Uhhh don't go there at all? lol I would rather kill myself than go back there. And maybe don't do a Duck.

They have an open outdoor mall area downtownish which is nice but the outlets are meh. I basically went to a target and an ulta, which were both glorious. My nephew loved the Dolly Parton Dixie Stampede. Food was great but the show/games were not for me. Pack silverware since there is no silverware.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea our humidity sucks! Most days I don't bother doing my hair.

It’s about six years now. We moved around a lot with my husband’s job. I lived in Town and Country, Missouri.
Sad I never met you before you left! South County, here.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uhhh don't go there at all? lol I would rather kill myself than go back there. And maybe don't do a Duck.

They have an open outdoor mall area downtownish which is nice but the outlets are meh. I basically went to a target and an ulta, which were both glorious. My nephew loved the Dolly Parton Dixie Stampede. Food was great but the show/games were not for me. Pack silverware since there is no silverware.
:lol: Oh come on, it can't be that bad. Can it?
hmmm.gif

I've found a pretty snazzy looking shopping area that I think will help scratch that itch. And some good restaurants and ice cream shops.... Plus it's free, whaddya want??! ;))

And yeah, what's up with the no silverware thing? And definitely not the Duck. :nono:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: Oh come on, it can't be that bad. Can it?
hmmm.gif

I've found a pretty snazzy looking shopping area that I think will help scratch that itch. And some good restaurants and ice cream shops.... Plus it's free, whaddya want??! ;))

And yeah, what's up with the no silverware thing? And definitely not the Duck. :nono:
I sucked it up bec the littles were there and didn't know any better, but there's literally zero appeal to that place for me. Not to mention the drive blows. But at least you can stop in Uranus on the way there and back. (Seriously it was the funniest thing we ever did.)

I am not interested in anything "country"/religious and that place is like 95% both. But it was definitely one of those places where I think to myself "I am so glad I didn't grow up here. The shopping here blows" lol My nephew had a ball go carting, even though my brother almost killed him, but we can do that here.

I suspect they don't have silverware just bec it's one less thing to deal with. The food was ****ing amazing, but I don't ever need to see that "show" again.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You could go to the Titanic Museum.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could go to the Titanic Museum.
Yes, I saw that, and briefly considered it. But I am wondering if overall it wouldn't depress me. I'm thinking it would.....

But thank you! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results