shape
carat
color
clarity

American Horror Story Cult: Who's watching?

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't see a thread for the new season "Cult" so I thought I'd start one! Is anyone watching? Any thoughts/observations thus far?
:-o:twisted::(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes we watched it last night. I don't know what I think yet as I am saturated with politics and rather not rehash it all again in a show I look to for escapism from real life if that makes sense. Watching last night was painful reliving the whole fiasco of the election. Plus it's like we are dealing with caricatures instead of real people so it's hard for me to develop any connection to them. But I reserve the right to change my mind once the season continues.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Yes we watched it last night. I don't know what I think yet as I am saturated with politics and rather not rehash it all again in a show I look to for escapism from real life if that makes sense. Watching last night was painful reliving the whole fiasco of the election. Plus it's like we are dealing with caricatures instead of real people so it's hard for me to develop any connection to them. But I reserve the right to change my mind once the season continues.
I hear you! It was rough reliving it :cry2: But I am looking forward to a good old fashioned scary show again- I was not a fan of the previous few season... 1 & 2 were my favorites and this seems to be more like those 2.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi westjenn yes, I agree, season one and two were our favorite seasons too. I stopped enjoying the show as much in the following seasons because they were not as good as seasons 1 and 2 IMO.
I am not giving up on this season yet though so hopefully you are right and it gets better.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, Missy. I love AHS and was so excited to see it featured Billy Eichner, but I am so burned out on politics and depression in general. I am craving escapism at the moment.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first thought was "oh no, not politics". Next, the crowns were creepy. Will have to see where this is going. The only season I did not finish was Roanoke. My favorite was Hotel.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
One of my favorite characters from a previous season was Dandy (Finn Wittrock) from 'Freakshow' I hope Finn makes an appearance this season (better than his Roanoke character though!)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I am watching :)

I am a Ryan Murphy fan since the Nip/Tuck days, and I believe he has great talent - which really shines the strongest when he is reigning himself in! That's why I still think Murder House remains the best AHS season. IMO Murphy leans towards being a strong starter and a weak finisher, but I thought the first epi was off to an interesting start. (TBH this show doesn't typically "scare" me much, but I do generally enjoy it. I haven't finished a few seasons bc I'll admit that I got bored with some).

I'm pretty into this one so far, though. I identified SO strongly with Sarah Paulson's character. (ETA: except for the whole Jill Stein thing, LOL!!) The show nailed the feeling of horror that so many of us felt on election night (in fact I still feel it). I deal with severe anxiety and other issues so I empathize with her character so much; I couldn't look away from that episode. It was painful reliving it, even though it's been close to a year! (I'm sure that's bc "the horror" remains ongoing).

Incidentally, I love that we on the left traditionally have such creative, intelligent, strong voices in the arts. I love the statement that this show is making simply by equating Trump with "horror" itself.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't realize they made nip/tuck. Loved that show until it went off the deep end! Dandy was also one of my favorites so far. And don't get me going on Jessica Lange! I hope she shows up too!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
@AprilBaby Jessica Lange is AMAZING! I want her back too!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness, just watched episode 2. Don't go out to the ice cream man after dark.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness, just watched episode 2
I'm not feeling it yet. Sarah Paulson's character's frequent screaming annoyed me to the point I started talking to the TV and telling her "oh for cripes sake, shuuuut uuuuup". Seasons One and Two I liked the most with Season One being my favorite. The others had characters and segments I enjoyed but overall, I think the stories are getting weaker and lack the atmosphere of seasons 1 & 2.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's ok. Trying to figure out the neighbors and their weirdness

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stereotypical so far. Agree, it's just a bunch of screaming.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still not enjoying it. May not continue watching. Disappointing compared to the first 2 seasons and IMO they haven't recaptured the magic of those eerie first 2 seasons. And the show (IMO) is steadily getting less entertaining.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still not enjoying it. May not continue watching. Disappointing compared to the first 2 seasons and IMO they haven't recaptured the magic of those eerie first 2 seasons. And the show (IMO) is steadily getting less entertaining.

Definitely agree

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far it is interesting but not riveting. Episode 2 had a very predictable ending which made DH and I groan.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It reminds me too much of the Purge

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well episode 3 is really getting weird. Am I supposed to be relating all of this to political parties? I’m tired of Sarah Paulsens character, I feel bad for the kid playing Oz. I love Evan peter but is he supposed to be trump? So confusing.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Episode 4. Am I the onLY one still watching? Gruesome.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still here.... for now...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are not watching anymore. Started watching the 3rd episode last night and decided it was more painful than enjoyable and called it quits after 20 minutes. :boohoo:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My first thought was "oh no, not politics". Next, the crowns were creepy. Will have to see where this is going. The only season I did not finish was Roanoke. My favorite was Hotel.

I started this and then was too scared! After having kids I can't watch scary things like I use to. I did watch season 1

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Anyone watch this week? I agree with previous posts, I was not feeling the show so far. This weeks episode had an interesting twist though and I think it will get better from here. I have watched all of the seasons and there are things that I loved/hated about each, but I enjoy the show, glad to see a thread on the series.

The clowns are seriously creepy. IMHO

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m hoping it gets better.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not watched this season at all but I have watched all the others. Some were good but others not so much. I did love Lady Gaga's character. If this is political as you guys are saying then I will not bother because I am sick of TV and cable making everything about politics.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is definitely very political.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is definitely very political.
Political in a perverse horror way :whistle:.

Man Evan Peters is creepy sexy in this story! I didn't know a wholesome bean :confused2: like me had a dark side :lol:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I don't know, I just got caught up and I'm kind of getting into it; I binge watched the last few epis so maybe that helped. I will definitely keep watching for now (I admit that I've bailed on a couple of previous seasons, but I'm nowhere near that point).

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I'm watching and I like it. Evan Peters is sexy as hell. I think it is funny. I'm also watching The Exorcist. The first episode of season 2 premiered last night on Fox, and it did not disappoint.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results