shape
carat
color
clarity

99.2% of recent US Covid deaths were unvaccinated people

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, ok, so now I feel really stupid that people either didn't get my joke-meme, or got it and didn't think it was funny. Note to self - don't plop humor into the middle of serious topics!

(I still think it's a really good meme, tho.... Maybe it should have gone into the humor thread. Sorry folks!)

:lol: I had to go back and re-read it! I totally saw it as 'vaccinations'! I'm glad I doubled back bc that's pretty darn funny.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Well, ok, so now I feel really stupid that people either didn't get my joke-meme, or got it and didn't think it was funny. Note to self - don't plop humor into the middle of serious topics!

(I still think it's a really good meme, tho.... Maybe it should have gone into the humor thread. Sorry folks!)

Haha. Now I get it!

One of my college roommates was very serious and studious. We instituted "mandatory fun" for her.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha. Now I get it!

One of my college roommates was very serious and studious. We instituted "mandatory fun" for her.

An excellent plan!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely agree. What makes this all the more tragic is he had Covid and survived but thought that meant (are you listening @Dancing Fire) he was safe from getting Covid again. I know his family wishes he had gotten vaccinated. There will never be another chance for him or for them always missing him in their lives. :(
Missy, I'll let you know before I die. ;)) Again, I'm not against anyone of getting vaccinated who chose to, but just don't force it on everyone else.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SIL got his 2nd shot yesterday said he has aching bones all over his body today.

Imagine how he’d feel if he had Covid. Having aches and pains and a fever after getting the vaccine dose two is completely expected. It means his immune system is working. And he’s building up defense against severe Covid. Good for him.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imagine how he’d feel if he had Covid. Having aches and pains and a fever after getting the vaccine dose two is completely expected. It means his immune system is working. And he’s building up defense against severe Covid. Good for him.

I don’t know if that is a misconception— the idea that the more severe the reaction, the more active or engaged your immune system is. I had no reaction whatsoever and yet, I didn’t develop Covid even after I was fully exposed to someone who found out one day later that she had it (she had tested two days before and alerted me the day after). DD didn’t have a reaction either and she had the same experience. I really wish they would do a study on people’s reactions and what they actually mean bc some people might assume they are not protected bc they had no response.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know if that is a misconception— the idea that the more severe the reaction, the more active or engaged your immune system is. I had no reaction whatsoever and yet, I didn’t develop Covid even after I was fully exposed to someone who found out one day later that she had it (she had tested two days before and alerted me the day after). DD didn’t have a reaction either and she had the same experience. I really wish they would do a study on people’s reactions and what they actually mean.

I didn’t say the more severe the reaction means better protection. I said the fact he reacted is a good sign. Not reacting isn’t necessarily a bad sign.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know if that is a misconception— the idea that the more severe the reaction, the more active or engaged your immune system is. I had no reaction whatsoever and yet, I didn’t develop Covid even after I was fully exposed to someone who found out one day later that she had it (she had tested two days before and alerted me the day after). DD didn’t have a reaction either and she had the same experience. I really wish they would do a study on people’s reactions and what they actually mean bc some people might assume they are not protected bc they had no response.
this is a fairly straightforward explanation

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SIL got his 2nd shot yesterday said he has aching bones all over his body today.

Does your SIL (sister in law) prefer to go by the pronoun, 'he'?
Nothing wrong with that, just askin. :))

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lol! I think it’s Son in Law in this case.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son in law. ;))

voce

Ideal_Rock
My son in law. ;))

Your in-laws presumably don't have the same DNA as you, so his reaction to vaccines doesn't predict how your own body would respond to the same vaccines.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I totally missed that! Haha I agree!

I think most people missed it, @MamaBee! I wonder if people had this mental picture of uniformed government operatives manhandling people to the ground and injecting them with vaccine, while I stood by, nodding approvingly?!! :o :o :o :o

So let me be clear.....

No, not vaccinations.

VACATIONS, people! I support VACATIONS!!

It's entirely possible that the B in Mrs-B stands for Bahamas!

(It doesn't, but it COULD!!)

:mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results