shape
carat
color
clarity

Recipes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
We were discussing recipes over on the Healthy Lifestyle thread, and I thought I'd start a new thread with some of mine!
1.gif

Baked Rigatoni & Zucchini

This is adapted from a recipe on greenlitebites dot com. You should check out the site - it's great. :) My husband gave it a thumbs up too.

8 oz whole wheat rigatoni or other pasta
1 medium –large zucchini sliced thin
¾ cup part skim ricotta cheese (~182 g)
1 cup mozzarella cheese (separated)
1 egg white
3 cups tomato sauce (like my Homemade Sauce) (separated)
Dried parsley
Black pepper
Non-stick cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Prepare the pasta according to package cooking 2-3 minutes less (about 6-8 minutes) as the pasta will continue to cook in the oven.
While the pasta is cooking, slice the zucchini. Spray a casserole dish with non stick cooking spray and place the zucchini on the bottom created a layer. Save some zucchini for the top. Mix the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup of the mozzarella, egg white, and ½ cup of the sauce. Set aside.

Once the pasta is done, turn off heat, drain and return to the pot. Add the ricotta mixture and stir until all the pasta is coated.
Pour the pasta mixture unto the casserole dish and spread to create a layer over the zucchini. Top with the remaining zucchini, the rest of the sauce and the remaining cheese. Sprinkle with a bit of dried parsley and black pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes.

Lasagna Toss

Originally from the Kraft website. I tweaked it slightly.
Serves 6 (about 1 1/2 cups per serving)
1 tsp EVOO or other healthy oil
1 pound lean ground beef
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 cups chopped pepper (I used tri-color)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup kraft light zesty italian dressing.
1/4 cup of water
12 no boil lasagna noodles, broken into quarters.
1 cup mozzarella cheese.

Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown meat in skillet. Add garlic & peppers, sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add dressing, water and spaghetti sauce, bring to a boil. Add lasagna noodles. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle cheese on top, cover and let sit for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.

Laughing Cow Alfredo
I have the original, and then my tweaked recipe: Servings | 2
3 wedges Laughing Cow Light Creamy Garlic & Herb
1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
1 Tbsp reduced fat parmesan cheese
1/2 Tbsp Molly McButter Natural Butter (or other butter)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Instructions
In a medium-sized saucepan, combine all the ingredients over a low heat, until everything is melted and the sauce is velvety smooth, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately over hot cooked pasta of your choice (add points for pasta used).

Here’s my variation:

4 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Creamy Garlic & Herb
½ cup of Skim Milk
3 Tbsp reduced fat parmesan cheese (or mozzarella)
1 tsp pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
Cubed chicken, sausage, and/or mushrooms.

In one pan, sautee the onion and/or sausage/chicken/mushrooms. In another medium-sized saucepan, combine the first 4 ingredients over a low heat, until everything is melted and the sauce is velvety smooth, about 20 minutes. Mix in onion/mushroom/sausage/chicken. Serve immediately over hot cooked pasta of your choice (add points for pasta used).

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Winter Squash and Raisin Lasagna
(adapted from a recipe on the WW site. The original came out really dry, so I tweaked it)
Serves 6 - 8 (depending on how big you slice it!)

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
1 package of no-boil lasagna noodles
20 oz cooked winter squash, thawed if frozen
1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cup golden seedless raisins

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Place flour in a small saucepan and very gradually whisk in milk and garlic. Warm over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce simmers and is thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.

Spread 1/4 cup of cheese sauce over bottom of a 9 X 13-inch glass or metal pan and cover with 4 lasagna noodles; top with 1/3 of squash and 1/2 cup of cheese sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of raisins. Cover with 4 more lasagna noodles and spread with 1/3 of remaining squash and 1/2 cup of cheese sauce; sprinkle with 1/4 cup of raisins. Cover with 4 more lasagna noodles and top with remaining squash and raisins; cover with last 4 lasagna noodles, pressing sheets firmly down. Top with remaining cheese sauce; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.

Bake until lasagna bubbles around edges and is browned on top, about 30 minutes. Slice into 6-8 pieces and serve.

Curried Chicken Penne With Mango Chutney

(adapted from a recipe on cookinglight.com)
Serves 6. 1&1/3 cups per serving.
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup light coconut milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon green curry paste
1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce
4 cups frozen chinese vegetables, thawed.
4 cups hot cooked penne rigate (about 2 cups uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
2 tablespoons chopped green onions (optional)
1 12oz Jar Mango Chutney.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chicken; sauté 5 minutes. Combine coconut milk and next 4 ingredients (coconut milk through soy sauce), stirring with a whisk. Add coconut mixture to pan; bring to a simmer. Add vegetables; cover and cook 7 - 10, stirring occasionally. Stir in chutney and pasta; toss well to combine. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.

* You can serve this over rice too!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Diner Meat Loaf “Muffins”
From Cookinglight.com
Ingredients
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup ketchup, divided
1 1/2 pounds ground beef, extra lean (raw)
1 cup finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers (about 20)
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 large eggs
Cooking spray
Preparation
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Cool.

Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.

Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Saucy Parmesan Chicken
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 "muffins")

Prep Time:
10 min
Total Time:
1 hr 10 min
Makes:
4 servings
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1/4 cup KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing
1/4 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese

PLACE all ingredients in large resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with dressing and cheese. REFRIGERATE 30 min. to marinate, laying bag flat so chicken pieces do not overlap in bag.

PREHEAT oven to 425ºF. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and marinade. Arrange chicken on foil-covered baking sheet. Bake 20 min. or until cooked through (165ºF).

Kraft Kitchens Tips
Make Ahead

Freeze bagged chicken and dressing up to 3 months. Remove chicken from bag; discard bag and marinade. Place frozen chicken in single layer on foil-covered baking sheet. Bake at 350ºF for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through (165ºF).

Variation - Asian Sesame Chicken

Prepare as directed, using KRAFT Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing and substituting 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds for the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Sorry the spacing is odd... cut and paste is funky.

Layered Enchilada Bake
Prep Time:
15 min
Total Time:
1 hr 10 min
Makes:
8 servings
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 cups TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick ''N Chunky Salsa
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained, rinsed
1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
2 Tbsp. TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
6 flour tortillas (8 inch)
1 cup BREAKSTONE''S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 400ºF. Brown meat with onions in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add salsa, beans, dressing and seasoning mix; mix well.

ARRANGE 3 of the tortillas in single layer on bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with layers of half each of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat all layers. Cover with foil.

BAKE, covered, 30 min. Remove foil. Bake an additional 10 min. or until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 min. before cutting to serve.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hot and Chili Chicken
(inspired by a recipe from Woman''s Day)
COOKING TIME
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
INGREDIENTS
1 cup sweet or bitter orange marmalade (I used sugar free)
2 Tbsp chili powder (mild, hot or a mix of both)
1/2 tsp salt
4 chicken breasts
PREPARATION
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking dish with nonstick (Release) foil.

2. Mix marmalade, chili powder and 1⁄2 tsp salt in a large zip top bag. Add chicken; seal bag. Turn and squeeze bag to coat. Arrange on lined baking sheet, spooning on any excess marmalade mixture.

3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat, registers 180°F.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh thanks Geck! I see a couple I can''t wait to try!
36.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/29/2008 10:05:21 AM
Author: geckodani

Hot and Chili Chicken
(inspired by a recipe from Woman''s Day)

COOKING TIME
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes

INGREDIENTS
1 cup sweet or bitter orange marmalade (I used sugar free)
2 Tbsp chili powder (mild, hot or a mix of both)
1/2 tsp salt
4 chicken breasts

PREPARATION
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking dish with nonstick (Release) foil.

2. Mix marmalade, chili powder and 1⁄2 tsp salt in a large zip top bag. Add chicken; seal bag. Turn and squeeze bag to coat. Arrange on lined baking sheet, spooning on any excess marmalade mixture.

3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat, registers 180°F.

Hmmmm...maybe I''ll try this one...looks easy enough that I won''t mess it up...

Would you say that this dish has sweetness to it?

Are these all recipes you tried, gecko?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 6:12:50 PM
Author: claudinam
Hmmmm...maybe I''ll try this one...looks easy enough that I won''t mess it up...

Would you say that this dish has sweetness to it?

Are these all recipes you tried, gecko?
It is fairly sweet, with a nice kick. I''ve made all of the recipes I posted. I try not to pass things along unless they''ve been made successfully, LOL.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great, thanks, gecko - it sounds DELICIOUS.

I''m definitely going to try it. And I like that it''s short and easy...(my kind of cooking
11.gif
)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The chili chicken sounds yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results