shape
carat
color
clarity

Probably a silly question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thluckiest

Rough_Rock
I''m a newbie. Pleased to be mingling among you all! :)

So I inherited my great-grandmother''s diamond engagement ring and had the diamond placed in a new setting by a local jeweler in Tallahassee. In her old band (which is a size four and would NEVER fit me), there was a label on the inside that said STARFIRE. I have tried researching Starfire and have come up empty handed. I am curious if anyone else has ever heard of this name before and could possibly tell me what it represents. I looked it up on Ebay and found a hideous set labeled Starfire that isn''t as pretty as hers. Her ring was given to her circa 1928. Any thoughts?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
There is a jewelry store called Starfire in Wisconsin.

"STARFIRE JEWELRY
772 Main Street, Suite 102, Lake Geneva, WI 53147. (262) 248-3878. Located in historic Landmark Center, custom goldsmith shop featuring unusual handcrafted jewelry in 14kt gold and sterling silver. Gemologists featuring rare and exotic gemstones & diamonds."

I don''t know how old the place is, but I''ve seen pieces that they mark with their name. Maybe there are more of them??

And, Welcome to PS!

thluckiest

Rough_Rock
I called them and spoke with a lady there a couple weeks ago. She said that the logo I''m talking about is different from theirs.
7.gif
I wish I had a picture to show!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Not able to help! Just wanted to say: what a fun quest! I love amateur detective work.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 3:04:52 PM
Author: thluckiest
I called them and spoke with a lady there a couple weeks ago. She said that the logo I''m talking about is different from theirs.
7.gif
I wish I had a picture to show!

Could they have changed their logo?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hey newbie...Thluckiest...welcome! What a great challenge. I''m with Indy...the sleuthing is a thrill. I would call that jeweler once again and attempt to get to an old timer within the company. I agree with Tacori...it is possible that particular employee is only familiar with one marking. And you might learn as they progressed it was cheaper or simpler to do what she is accustomed of seeing.

Such a great lead...would hate for you to give up on it so quick. You are probably to young to remember, but I refer to Rockford Files tv serious for inspiration. He would go in and ask, and if he didn''t get the right answer he might go back two or three or even more times. Sometimes he would put on a hard hat and carry a clipboard. When you have a hard hat and clip board you look official and IMPORTANT. So try that. When you call, have a hard hat on and a clipboard nearby. (They won''t know but it will give you the Rockford Files confidence to delve deeper for what you are after).

Welcome!
35.gif
I bet after that advice you are probably rethinking your PS membership. I am a tad wonky.
41.gif
the rest of the gang is sane...I assure you.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
It may not be the store but the manufactor or the jewelry line created for a chain store....now in curious...let us know what you find out.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2008 6:54:47 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Hey newbie...Thluckiest...welcome! What a great challenge. I''m with Indy...the sleuthing is a thrill. I would call that jeweler once again and attempt to get to an old timer within the company. I agree with Tacori...it is possible that particular employee is only familiar with one marking. And you might learn as they progressed it was cheaper or simpler to do what she is accustomed of seeing.

Such a great lead...would hate for you to give up on it so quick. You are probably to young to remember, but I refer to Rockford Files tv serious for inspiration. He would go in and ask, and if he didn''t get the right answer he might go back two or three or even more times. Sometimes he would put on a hard hat and carry a clipboard. When you have a hard hat and clip board you look official and IMPORTANT. So try that. When you call, have a hard hat on and a clipboard nearby. (They won''t know but it will give you the Rockford Files confidence to delve deeper for what you are after).

Welcome!
35.gif
I bet after that advice you are probably rethinking your PS membership. I am a tad wonky.
41.gif
the rest of the gang is sane...I assure you.
Don''t worry about DKS...she just comes off as wonky but really she''s a veritable fount of knowledge and quite helpful (but won''t take any credit), LOL!

Hmm...I have no advice to offer as far as the Starfire inscription on your g.Grandmother''s ring but I wish you the best of luck in your quest for figuring out more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results