shape
carat
color
clarity

Krissie''s wedding details!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies!

I just got some photos developed, so I thought I''d share with you our wedding details thus far! We''ve booked the church and reception site; bridesmaid dresses have been ordered as has mine. We''ve also booked the DJ, florist, string quartet for ceremony, and cake baker (though we haven''t picked a cake design yet).

We are inviting 275-300 guests for a Saturday wedding in downtown Louisville (October 2008). We''ll have guests from all over the country as well as the UK, Ireland, Canada and Australia. It should be a blast!!

As a starter, here are out save-the-dates. They are letterpress - this was a true splurge, but I just love them and I can''t say enough good things about Dauphine Press who worked with me internationally and got me such a beautiful product in record time!

The red looks orangeish on screen, but it''s a classic muted red. The paper is cream. I''ll post other pics later that shows how this ties in with our theme.

SavethedatePS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the invitation suite that we based our S-T-D''s on. We will be using this (also from Dauphine Press) for our invitations!

InvitationSamplePS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the cathedral where we will be getting married!

CathedralExt1PS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous interior at the cathedral - note the blue ceiling when it comes time to look at my bridesmaid dresses!

Cathedralwed2PS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a shot of the front of the cathedral.

cathedralwedPS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Our reception will be at a private club downtown.

PendennisPS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s an interior shot of the club, where the cocktail hour will be held (the dining room is up stairs).

Pendennisfoyer1PS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a shot of the dining room. It will look nothing like this on the big day - we are bringing in large rounds with floor length linens; chair covers; etc. But it will give you an idea of the look of the room.

ReceptiondinnerPS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
There are tons of lounges, etc. where our guests can just chill out during the reception!

PendennisloungePS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
We have reserved a room block at a hotel that''s walking distance from the cathedral and the club. Here is the lobby of that hotel.

SeelbachlobbyPS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Now, in terms of dresses! My girls have all ordered J Crew dresses in "liberty blue" - this will look gorgeous in the cathedral, and I wanted to work peacock feathers into the decor as well. The flower girls (2) will have dresses made for them, but with the liberty blue sash as pictured.

Ensemble J CrewPS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a repost of my lovely Monique dress ;-)

Kdressfullfront1PS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
In terms of flowers, we are going with reds, pinks and peacock feathers (subtle!) The bridesmaids will carry hand tied bouquets of black magic roses, gloriosa lilies, hypernicum berries, perhaps some green cockscomb, and interspersed with a few peacock feathers - all wrapped in deep red silk.

My bouquet will be very simple because I don''t want to detract from the detail on my dress. It will be gardenias and stephanotis vine.

At the reception, we will have large trumpet vases (glass) filled with peacock feathers on some tables, and lower red arrangements on others. We will have floor length ivory linens with a glimmery peacock blue topper (and sash for the chairs).

I don''t have photos of the flowers, but I have taken some photos with the peacock feather next to the bridesmaid dress fabric to show how it works together.

FeatherdressPS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
And finally, with the save-the-date!

That''s all!
35.gif

All3PS.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Krissie,

I wanted to chime in a few minutes ago but I had a feeling you were still posting pics. I didn''t want to interrupt. WOW! Everything is gorgeous! I love your dress, your girls'' dresses, the venue, just everything. Using peacock feathers seems like such a unique idea -- I love it!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Yay Krissie! I just
30.gif
L O V E
30.gif
your letterpress invite sets, and absolutely adore your choice of bridesmaids dress. The peacock feathers will look fantastic! You are quite the organized bride
2.gif

julie_b

Rough_Rock
Krissie, I''m from Louisville too and I''m very jealous that you''re having your wedding at the Cathedral! I really wanted to have ours there, but my husband isn''t Catholic so he kind of killed that idea :) Everything looks great though and the dresses, feathers...it will all look amazing in there! Good luck with the rest of your planning, though it looks like you have a lot of it done already!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Krissie, everything is gorgeous and I especially like the peacock feathers in there! Beautiful Beautiful!

I don''t remember if I commented on your dress in your dress thread, but I LOVE IT. You look phenomenal in it!
36.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
It all looks great! I was thinking of using peacock feathers for the men''s bout''s, until my step-dad insinuated he didn''t particularly fancy wearing a feather. But here''s the model pic in case it''s helpful....

peacock feather boutoniere.jpg

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! It is so much fun sharing these things with you - thank you for all the compliments (and validation!) All of this was planned from a mere 5,000 miles away from home (with a sneaky trip to do some in-person stuff!)

Thank you Julie, Ang, IG, Love and Zoe! Julie - how cool that you are also from Louisville! I was born there but haven''t lived in the area for 10 yrs. My family is there, though, which is why we decided to have our wedding there. The Cathedral is such a special place, and even though it''s huge it really doesn''t feel like it inside!

IG - thank you for the peacock bout photo! Where on earth did you find it - I''ve been searching for photos of peacock arrangements online and haven''t found anything. I was 100% sure my florist would think I was insane, but he jumped right on board with the idea!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-everything looks fantastic!!!
I love the cathedral-the interior is beautiful!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 2:40:39 PM
Author: bee*
wow-everything looks fantastic!!!
I love the cathedral-the interior is beautiful!
Thank you! I think it holds its own (in a different way) to the lovely European cathedrals we''ve been visiting over the past year!! I just thought the blue ceiling was gorgeous, and also the seats are padded (rather than pews) with gorgeous red fabric.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
It looks like it will be a spectacular event!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results