shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Gift for Groom?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I am hoping that all of you creative ladies can help me out with thinking of a wedding gift for FI. I am generaly pretty good of coming up with gifts for him, but I am at a loss!

A little background: My FI is definitely not a jewelry person, he won''t wear a watch or any other jewelry (adjusting to wearing a wedding band will be tough enough for him!). I already bought him a flat screen tv as an engagement gift, and would like to get him something that he will have forever (or a long time at least, not something like a tv that will be replaced in a few years). I have already gotten him a small gift, which is monogrammed locket cufflinks which will have pics of his deceased grandparents inside, but would like to get something else as well. The budget is about $300-$400, but I could go up a little for the right gift. Finally, he is not really a sentimental type of guy, so I don''t think he would appreciate a photo album or anything like that. Also, he is a total sports fanatic.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions~

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I would go for sports tickets. Really good tickets, if available (check stubhub and other ticket resellers for hard-to-get seating). This seems to work, esp. if he isn't living in his home city and you can get tix when his team visits your town or somewhere nearby. I think this would also be good for the wedding gift b/c it would be a chance to do something the opposite of a wedding together -- just sit back and casually enjoy a game with some beers (if you partake). Then again, I like sports too, so I don't mind going along on these types of outings, but if you don't really like sports it might even be that much more of a gift to share that time with him.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
a co-worker of mine got her groom a lab puppy. that''s been my favorite idea ever.
9.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
that''s really cute, but it is definitely something that you need to be sure the other person wants. a puppy isn''t the kind of wedding gift that is easily returnable...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2007 5:29:28 PM
Author: enbcfsobe
that''s really cute, but it is definitely something that you need to be sure the other person wants. a puppy isn''t the kind of wedding gift that is easily returnable...
i completely agree. but i wanted to put that out there in case it would be appropriate.
5.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
no prob, jcrow -- i just needed to make sure it was clear. i''m one of those unfortunates that lost and abandoned kitties seek out for whatever reason, so i need to put in the plug for good pet decisionmaking.
pesonally, i wouldn''t want to deal with a puppy right after my wedding, but for some people it would be bliss!!

i gotta say, you set the bar pretty high with the flat screen.

what about setting him up to get a shave? i''ve heard some guys like that, with the old fashioned shaving cream and all that and sometimes a facial? though i''m not sure its for everyone, might be a nice relaxing thing esp. while you and your girls are busy w/ hair and makeup for the wedding -- then he''ll have something special too...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i agree, hince why it wasn't dh's gift
2.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
One of the gifts I gave my hubby was really nice silk pajamas. He still has them 5 years later, and puts them on when he''s feeling sexy.

What about something for the house or something that could be displayed, like a sculpture or piece of artwork? Maybe you could have an artist do a painting of the 2 of you from a photo?

If he''s really into sports, what about finding a signed ball or other sports related items?

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of the great ideas ladies.

JCrow, I love the puppy idea, unfortunately I am the one who is dying to get a puppy and trying to convince FI, so I am afraid that would be more of a gift for me than him!

I do love the idea of some type of sports memorbilia for the house, I will have to research that one. It seems like something FI would love. Does anyone know of any reputable places to get that sort of thing ( I would be afraid to try to figure out what''s real and what''s not on Ebay)?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I got my FI a framed autographed photo of his fave indie musician from an art gallery. A little different--but i know he''ll be thrilled with it!

now if only i could come up with something unique for my BMs......

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know how much time you have...but I have been fortunate to locate addresses of people of interest and request an autograph on something unique. My hubby is amazed at what I have gotten him.

This is not appropriate for your situation...but just giving you an example on how to bypass the non sentimental guy and reach down where he really is... My next feat is a placard hung at his highschool indicating the annex room he and his best friend met. They have continued to be best friends and often refer to the number of the room in joke or in conversation of reminiscing. I think I can bribe someone...if all else fails. But I must get the original plaque. It is weathered and time for a fresh one. I suppose I could order all new ones...put on a hard hat and carry a clip board and install the ONE, remove what I want, and skadadle. (I grew up watching the Rockford Files...a clipboard and a hard hat is all you need to look like you are supposed to be there!)

We own the original Sonic Drive in sign that was used while they were in HighSchool. They hung out there and did burn outs in their fast cars. That is really cool! Just think outside the box...he may not be sentimental like you think...but you can reach that sweet spot! When you get a tear of unbelief...it is the most incredible feeling-I hope you obtain one!
2.gif

DKS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results