shape
carat
color
clarity

4 c''s not enough?? still confused

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

giftgoddess

Rough_Rock
i have asked a similar question before- but i am still confused. if i went to an independent diamond dealer (i live in nyc, and know of several through friends i trust)...and i ask for a "hearts and arrows" cut diamond...D, E,or F color, and no lower that VS2 clarity...as close to 2.5 carats as they can get for 25k...won''t that guarantee me a stunning diamond?? i mean, doesn''t the combo of color, clarity and CUT guarantee mean anything?? won''t the proportions be "ideal" if it is a hearts and arrows diamond?
i am doing some "pre-shopping" for myself in an effort to make it as easy as possible for my boyfriend when he goes by himself later on...THANKS!!

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
A CZ can show the hearts and arrows image, so can a non-ideal cut diamond. The image in and of itself doesn't guarantee everything.

Which clarity and color you prefer is entirely up to you. If it has a GIA or AGS lab report you can rest at ease regarding the accuracy of the info, but if it self-graded you might want a second opinion. Heck, when dropping 25 large you might want a second opinion anyway.

Practically any round brilliant diamond will be very pretty. Whether or not a super-ideal cut stone is worth the premium you pay is completely in the eyes of the beholder.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results