shape
carat
color
clarity

Party Favors!!! Centerpeices!! Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I just thought it would be cool to hear what others are doing for party favors and centerpieces.

I will tell you mine.

Party favors.... Since FI and I are so different and we have VERY different tastes in music and in essence we will be combining two different worlds, we thought we would hitch on the idea of giving a favor of a CD of some of the songs that describe us personally. We are going to burn the CD''s and put them in nice velcroed covers and put a sticker on the outside that says something like "Even though we are so different, together we make beautiful music" Our first song is going to be Frank Sinatra''s "you say tomoato I say tomatoe" song. Then he is going to pick 5 songs (European grnuge, David Bowie, rolling stones, etc) and I am going to pick 5, Proud to be an American, If that Ain''t Country, I will Survive, IN my Daughter''s Eyes and Jesus Freak. We are also going to put a note inside each saying that everyone should listen and learn and appricate others and their tastes, just as we have learned to do.

Centerpeices.... My freind is a WIZZZZ at coming up great ideas. She works for the District Attorney and he is getting rid of a bunch of old law books. Soooooo We are going to decopage the outside of the books with fabric in my wedding colors and stack them in different ways for centerpeices on the table, put a little ribbon around them etc. Since we met because of school and we both love books we thought this would be fitting and unique.

So what are you doing?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes, and if anyone has any ideas on How Children can be involved in the wedding I would love to hear it. I do not mean just my children and the flower girls. I mean 20+ children... any ideas?

elephant

Shiny_Rock
MINE -- My friend who got married hired a storyteller for the children and had them in their own separate room?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
We are actually renting a seperate room that connects to the banquet room for our reception. We are going to have 3+ college students plan activites and games for them and watch them during the reception. We are going to have music for them to dance to and etc. I need ideas on how they can be involved in the ceremony. I like the idea for the storyteller... maybe a magican

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Our color theme is berries, so our favors are 4.8 oz jars of local jams - blackberry and red raspberry.

For centerpieces, we didn''t have too much to do because we''re doing a stand-up reception with only 3 tables. We''ll have silver picture frames of our engagement photos, one on each table, and 1 BM bouquet on each table in a vase. My bouquet will go on the cake table, with another silver frame of us, and the MOH bouquet will be on the guestbook table or in the bedroom (our reception site is a loft with a large bedroom).

For kids..... You could involve the kids by having them all contribute to your bouquet - the kids each get one flower, and as you walk up the aisle, they hand it to you for your bouquet. Hmmmmm.... they could all sing a song during the ceremony. Is there anytime during the ceremony when it would be appropriate for them to ring bells? Do you want them involved with the ceremony, or otherwise occupied?

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Our favors are heart shaped cookie cutters that are attatched to a large card that says "cooking up a lifetime of sweetness" and it has our names, date and a cookie recipe on it. I wanted to get something that people would use..and everyone makes cookies. Plus my FI is a big cookie addict and I call him my cookie monster!

Our centerpieces will be one dozen roses, pinks/ivory/and orangey brownish colored with hypericum berries in a small crystal rose bowl.

I love cookies that are personalized as favors but they were like 4$ per cookie..a little bit pricey

I also like the look of candles for centerpieces, different sizes and shapes arranged in the center w/rose petals scattered around...very pretty

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
how about the kids sing a song? IMO, its always a hit when kids sing...

ETA-- oops, I didn't see JCJD's reply, but anyhow, I second the song idea!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
JCJD!! That sounds Pretty, I love the idea of using a local jam for party favors... Very nice.
36.gif

I also like the idea of the flowers for the child... very good idea.. will have to throw that around in my head a tad
34.gif

Jessesgrl: Cookie cutters are a cool idea too. Cookies @ 4;00 a pop.. wow... Favors can be outrageous! How about getting together with freinds and making some cookies? Just a suggestion... could be fun too....

Here is a great reciepe for you to try:

1 cup of water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup of brown sugar
lemon juice
4 large eggs
1 cup nuts
2 cups of dried fruit
1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequila

Sample the Cuervo to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Cuervo again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer...Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again. At this point it''s best to make sure the Cuervo is still OK, try another cup... just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit, Pick the frigging fruit off floor... Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who giveshz a sheet. Check the Jose Cuervo. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don''t forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results