shape
carat
color
clarity

2021 Keto Kickstart?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
After doing well for almost a year, my eating has gone a bit off the rails since my BIL was diagnosed with cancer again. I just restarted Keto 2 days ago and have a few recipes/ foods that I love to share. I would also love to get more recommendations. Does anyone want to join? I know that there have been prior Keto threads, but I haven't seen one for 2021 so I figured I would start a new one...

Here's what I am currently drinking to satisfy my sweet tooth-whipped Nutpods with Lakanto monkfruit sugar and pumpkin spice. O carbs :)
44C6FBC6-52B7-4610-A2FF-00E5CE2E070B.jpeg

I’m not full-keto, but I do eat a general low carb lifestyle and I have some “interesting” recipes to share if you’d like some substitutes for Indian food :D

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Let’s do it! I only have 3-4 go to recipes that I love and I would definitely like more. Plus, I love Indian food...

I’m going to link a blog or two here that I think really have some good recipes!

- one of my fav indian dishes (chole bhature, ketofied) - http://magicinmyfood.blogspot.com/2018/07/keto-chole-bhatureveg-eggless.html?m=1. Chole is basically chickpeas. This recipe uses radish as a sub but a better sub is actually black soybeans (I buy them dried, cook them with salt in a pressure cooker and once cooked use them in place of the radish in this recipe).

- popular regional snack/breakfast called dhokla. Usually made with gram flour, but this recipe uses paneer and psyllium husk. https://magicinmyfood.blogspot.com/2018/07/keto-dhokla-veg-eggless.html?m=1

- one of my fav snacks, chilli chicken. It’s a indo-chinese dish. Super simple. https://headbangerskitchen.com/recipe/keto-chilli-chicken/

- and for dessert, my fav indian sweet dish, Rasmalai! https://www.ketoforindia.com/keto-rasmalai-india/

All these blogs also have excellent other recipes!

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
After doing well for almost a year, my eating has gone a bit off the rails since my BIL was diagnosed with cancer again. I just restarted Keto 2 days ago and have a few recipes/ foods that I love to share. I would also love to get more recommendations. Does anyone want to join? I know that there have been prior Keto threads, but I haven't seen one for 2021 so I figured I would start a new one...

Here's what I am currently drinking to satisfy my sweet tooth-whipped Nutpods with Lakanto monkfruit sugar and pumpkin spice. O carbs :)
44C6FBC6-52B7-4610-A2FF-00E5CE2E070B.jpeg

Oh wow, that is great! I am still thinking to do the Keto diet since I really have to lose weight. Do you have a recipe for that delicious drink?

And

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@AllAboardTheBlingTrain thanks for all these recipes! Can't wait to try them!

@Aerielle Max I will link the ingredients below :)

Nutpods tastes great. I buy mine from Whole Foods or Amazon. I especially like Nutpods because I can froth it in my milk steamer.

I love this monkfruit sweetener. I use it like regular granulated sugar. I doesn't have a yucky aftertaste like Stevia. If you are US based, you can often find the Lakanto brand in the food section of TJ Maxx, Homegoods or Marshalls.

I just sprinkled Pumpkin Spice on the top of this confection.

I hope you give Keto a try!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Here are my top 3 savory Keto recipes.

This one I often modify by adding egg instead of arrowroot powder. Then, it becomes more like a quiche.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This is my go to Keto ice cream recipe. Last night I made this with Green Tea powder instead of pumpkin puree. You can also substitute the heavy cream for coconut milk, but coconut milk has slightly more carbs.

Also, the free Carb Manager app makes tracking easy.

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
Here are my top 3 savory Keto recipes.

This one I often modify by adding egg instead of arrowroot powder. Then, it becomes more like a quiche.

WOOOOW!!! thank you @lulu_ma
Can't wait to try these ones. :kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Omg I love keto!! I was on it so good at the start of my pregnancy. It helped curb my headaches etc. Then family visited and I went all out. Then my blood sugars were low. There are actually so many keto things you could make. I made a keto chicken congee lol. I've been meaning to make these keto ginger biscuits too. I should get back onto it. That drink looks delicious @lulu_ma

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Omg I love keto!! I was on it so good at the start of my pregnancy. It helped curb my headaches etc. Then family visited and I went all out. Then my blood sugars were low. There are actually so many keto things you could make. I made a keto chicken congee lol. I've been meaning to make these keto ginger biscuits too. I should get back onto it. That drink looks delicious @lulu_ma

Oh I want your chicken congee recipe please! Just eat what feels good for you and the babe;-)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
5E1DC467-A187-48AE-9D61-2903B471F6CE.jpeg
keto blt wrap-sugar free bacon and mission plant protein tortilla.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d love the keto free ginger biscuit recip!

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
First time to try a Keto diet - having Quinoa, omnipork luncheon (plant-based), and kale chips.
I did not that it feels good to have keto meals. it is very light.

I like it. I think I will go with these keto meals.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
First time to try a Keto diet - having Quinoa, omnipork luncheon (plant-based), and kale chips.

Glad to hear it! I got a bit detailed. I have to get back on track. I do feel good when I’m eating Keto.

beatricecrummles

Rough_Rock

I have not tried Quinoa but I already heard of it from a chef who is into weight loss. Is it true that Quinoa is good for weight loss?

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
I have not tried Quinoa but I already heard of it from a chef who is into weight loss. Is it true that Quinoa is good for weight loss?

Yes, Quinoa is high in protein and fiber. This is a better option rather than eating brown rice. It will also help you boost your metabolism.

beatricecrummles

Rough_Rock
Yes, Quinoa is high in protein and fiber. This is a better option rather than eating brown rice. It will also help you boost your metabolism.

Thank you! I am thinking to have it too.

@lulu_ma I will try your recipes too - they are really tempting :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results