shape
carat
color
clarity

2008 Brides! What do you have done?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I know there are quite a few ''08 brides on here. We just booked our venue but I feel like we are kind of in limbo as to booking other vendors. We were thinking we could try to book a photographer soon but it feels like it is too early to start booking everything else. I feel like a LIW again, although I know I will appreciate the long time for planning when things get closer. Also, we are going to start dance lessons soon too so that will keep me busy! So what are all the other 2008 brides doing?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...we have choosen a venue and are working on getting a contract signed with them. I have met with a couple wedding planners and recently choosen one and am working on her contract. I''m still looking for a dress, but plan on ordering in March or April. We''ve decided on wedding colors, and I''ve ordered some sample invitations that I liked the looks of online. We''re still working on the guest list. I haven''t even thought about booking any other verdors yet, it does seem to early. I think I''ll probably do more once I order my dress and get a better feel for things...

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing! Er, I have a lot of magazines and a lot of pictures cut out and stuck in the folders in my Martha Stewart wedding planner book.

I have a lot of ideas of what I might like, but I feel like it''s all resting on reserving a reception location and a date. I have a short list, but I haven''t been back home to go visit them! I have 2 weeks vacation in March, so we are definitely going to find something in that time. I also would really like to find a dress while I''m home because I want to do the shopping with my mom. I did pick the photographer that I want (based on her online portfolio) but I don''t know if we''ll end up reserving her or not because she''s quite expensive, and I don''t know how much the other things are going to cost. Otherwise, I''ve been working out and trying to get more toned so that I like the way I look in those dresses.

I''m starting to get anxious though. We''ve already been engaged 5 months (seems like yesterday) and have literally no wedding plans...

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
facetfire-March or April of this year? Are you worried about having too much time to fall in love with another style? I am just asking because I am scared of becoming a 2 dress bride so I want to not give myself too much doubting time
15.gif
. You seem like you have a lot done though! Are you going to send out STDs?

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m an 08 bride! Lets see.... we''ve got our location for the ceremony, the reception location, my wedding gown, we designed our own invites and announcements and those are done, got a honeymoon location (haven''t booked it yet though) and I think we are pretty sure about the wedding favors.

We did our invites pretty early because we wanted to give plenty of time for people to plan since most of our guests are coming from the east coast/mid west. I think all of our guests will be making this a vacation also and staying in Maui for at least a week.

Some background... we are getting married in Maui, HI. Its going to be a fairly small group (40 people) so we are doing the reception at a really cool restaurant within steps of the ceremony. The reception will take place on the terrace of the restaurant which is right on the beach, just like the ceremony.

We are going out there in 2 months to do the rest of the planning - meet w/ photographer, bakery, florist, etc.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and we''ve got our colors too

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 7:48:57 PM
Author: basil

I''m starting to get anxious though. We''ve already been engaged 5 months (seems like yesterday) and have literally no wedding plans...
I know! We have been engaged since April and we are just booked the venue. I feel like we should be doing more I just don''t know what. I think my favorite photographer is too expensive too. $3-5k for a days work!! I need that kind of job
2.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Asscher girl... you are making me feel so inadequate!! lol You really seem on top of things. I love your dress btw! Nice asscher too
2.gif

ETA: what is your date? I didn't see you on the list but I may have missed it/

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks indecisive! I think i''ve got ocd on planning and organization. And my fi would definitely agree on that
2.gif

The bad thing about that though, is that we are going to have nothing to do after april!

But i''m sure little things will come up, I hope.

The location was actually the easiest part and we had decided on that even before we were engaged. My family has been going to Maui for 30 years (my parents have a time-share there) and that is where we are getting married.

And thanks for the compliments on the dress and the ring! I love both too! And your asscher is gorgeous too.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I never put my date on the list. But it is 4-29-08

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Er... Nothing? We changed almost everything last week down to our date, so now we have less than 18 months to go and we have to redo almost everything!
23.gif
Let's see...

- We have our ceremony musicians and our baker booked (friends).
- We've picked out our church, photographer, reception entertainment, hair dresser, make-up artist and florist, but they're not booked.
- We're visiting two reception venues on March 6th and I'm hoping we can book and confirm the date so we can hire the other vendors.
- We've also chosen our colours and flowers.
- I've picked my dress, but haven't ordered it.
- We're working on the guest list... And it's becoming a monster!
6.gif

- We're planning on sending STDs in Januray of next year.

Yeah, ok, it's not nothing... We do have all those things picked out, but nothing is actually booked and official. We have to wait until we can confirm the reception venue and date, so I hope it works out! My poor FI is starting to stress out that everything will already be taken, and it's rubbing off on me!
32.gif
But it'll have to wait until March 6th, because right now I'm in the middle of the midterm from doom.
14.gif

ETA: asschergirl, post on the list thread so I can add you to the list!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Anchor - the guest list for us was the hardest part! We are only having 40 guests and we both have big families so that was soooooo tough.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
indecisive - I'm planning on March or April of this year to order my dress (wedding will be May '08). I am already a two dress bride...I had bought one, but then my mom told me that she isn't a big fan of it (she's more traditional than I am). So, I'm looking for number two. Not that I'm only going to try and find something she likes, but I can't imagine getting married in something that my mom doesn't think I look amazing in. I have literally seen just about every dress that's out there, so I don't think I'll have room to change my mind...haha. Plus, I'm kinda tired of the whole dress thing and I'm ready to move on to other wedding aspects. I am NOT going to look anymore after I order the dress. I just started a new job too, so I won't really have time anyway. I'm ready to just marry my man in any dress, you know what I mean? :)

Oh, and we are going to send STDs early, I think. What's the standard time? 6 months? I think we are going to send them a year ahead of time, because it seems like a lot of my friends have other weddings and commitments already for that time in 2008, so I want to make sure they set aside time for our wedding!

Basil, I know what you mean. We were engaged for about 5 months before we even decided on a venue...so don't feel bad! We've been engaged now for 7 months, and it seems crazy that we have done so little. We aren't in the mood to hurry, though. We both have been feeling like life is flying by on us, so we're trying to relish the moment. Plus, we've had to move twice since we got engaged and I was looking for a job, so not enough time for planning.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not much! But I'm itching to plan... we've only been engaged a little over a week and I'm trying to give him a pressure break, but I've been glued to The Knot for several days now!!!

ETA: The planning tools on The Knot have been amazing, and it's making me think about the guest list very far ahead (that was my first to-do) which is good, but I'm starting to realize how HARD it is!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results