shape
carat
color
clarity

2007 ring trend predictions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I remember this thread for 2006 and loved it, so I thought I''d start it for 2007!

What engagment ring trend do you think will be popular in 2007?

I''m going to guess that thicker e-ring will come back in ''07. Not necessarily 4mm but more 2.7-3.2 maybe even 3.5mm! It seemed like all of 2005 and part of 2006 was "how thin can you go?" I was happily surprised by the pear sidestone round center combo that became so popular here in pricescope!

So- what is your prediction?
2.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think asschers will get more popular after Feb 2007 when the AGS cut rating reduces some of the mystery and anxiety of asscher shopping - and asscher cutting.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I think that halos will continue to be popular, along with micro-pave.

I think that yellow gold will continue it''s "return" and I think you will see more and more combos of platinum and rose gold settings.

I think that asschers and emerald cuts will surpass princesses in terms of popularity.

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
I think that platinum is not as popular as it once was. I see less of it in rings. I actually dislike the way it wears (smudges) so I won’t be crying, but that’s besides the point..
I foresee yellow gold starting to become more fashionable again. Seems like it has been on the outs over the last 10 years or so.. I think its starting to increase in popularity and this will be a continuing trend over the next couple years

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not really a ring style trend, but since entertainment and media influence people's purchasing choices, I'm guessing that the movie Blood Diamond is going to cause more people ask vendors if their diamonds are conflict-free.

If the trends on this board are any indication -- asschers, asschers, and more asschers!

I've noticed that more people on PS are slowly backing off from the halo and micropave trends and choosing simpler settings instead (solitaires, 3-stones). Since the broader market is a year or two behind PS, I'm gonna guess that micropave will be super-hot for maybe 1-2 more years, although it will always be popular to some degree.

Cushions, cushions, and more cushions!

I agree that rose gold and colored diamonds will become more popular as accent elements.

As for yellow gold, my gut tells me that the market is not quite ready for a broad shift over to yellow. But it may become more a little more common next year than it has been in recent years.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I think we''ll see more split-shanks...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think yellow gold and more fancy cuts. Also less pave.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I think that there are going to more gemstone e-rings...

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think we''ll see lots more ECs...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree so far: more gold, more asschers, more gemstones, slightly wider rings.
Too many duability issues with the practicaly no metal designs.

plat is pricing itself out of the market so I think both wg and yg will pick up.

I expect some new alloys in WG to improve on the current x1 mixes (no plating needed)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
and of course prices are going to go up and up.
The Jan increase I''m predicting will be more along the line of last years 2%-5% than the 8%-10% the year before.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Well I am in the younger generation- 22... and everyone I know wants a platnium ring. I think that platinum is gonna start to get pretty popular.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2006 5:37:58 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~I think we''ll see lots more ECs...

I agree. Eva''s ring is a knock-out & will probably inspire a whole new breed of EC lovers.

I think vintage stones in artisan modern settings might breakout wide - especially for the funky, creative, hippie types who will be most affected by the Blood Diamonds film. The same group that''s driving Hybrid Mini-Cars.
2.gif

I hope some of the Japanese intertwining delicate settings get picked up or knocked off by more mainstream vendors. They''re lovely.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I also think yellow and rose gold, and white gold with yellow or rose gold.
Maybe more colored stones too.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
More pink diamonds, more fancy shapes. Continued strength of micro-pave.

For jewelry in general, 2007 will be the start of the Pearl Revolution!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like princess will continue to be popular simply because half of the single girls I know are obsessed with princess because it is the thing that is in right now. I think that it''ll take a while for the princess trend to die down.

I think halos are very trendy now, but I think they will be more wide-spread in the next year.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Great thread, Feb2003Bride!
Hmmm...... well, on PS, I predict more round with pear sidestones, more micropave, and more Asschers. Off pricescope, I predict more yellow gold although I think that plat/wg will continue to be the most popular. I also predict more antique looks like tacori, and more halos!
It will be interesting to see what the new year brings! I think the classics will never go out of style.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I predict more solitaires and 3 stone rings.....especially in yellow gold.

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
I agree with more simple settings and rose gold. I hope more people will be asking about conflict diamonds and that the rules will become more strict with that.

off topic, but strm mentioned a january price increase. What does that mean? we''re planning on buying a diamond in March!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think people will buy less platinum because the prices are sometimes rediculous.

I think there will be two things going on with styles: continued pave and delicate settings, and also a simultaneously strength of simple settings and three stone rings.

I''m not sure about yellow gold...everybody says it''s making a return, but I always see yellow gold rings on clearance and none of my friends are interested in yellow gold for their e-rings.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I just read an article in the Wall Street Journal that said diamonds in general were seeing increased demand from Russian and Chinese buyers. I would guess prices will stay strong. WSJ also said colored diamonds were popular choices at auction, so maybe that is a trend.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I predict more step cuts overall. More asschers and more emerald cuts

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the types of cushion cut will start being named or defined.... I think yellow gold will e more popular.... I think halos will be less frequent.... I think "lower" colored stones will continue their rise in popularity - extending firmly into K and lightly into L the way K has been up to now.... I think emerald cuts - square and rectangular might be THE cut of the year (aside from the ever loved round).... I think wider bands is a good thing and may be coming back.... and I think the stacking trend is going to get tired and worn out in the excess, though I think simple variety might increase - meaning you don't wear 5 rings at once, but you might have 5 rings to interchange.... I think there will be less pave but I don't think it will be unpopular - just not quite so overdone. I dunno which of these are just predicitons and which might be borderline hopes (like the first one lol) but this is based on what I perceive to be trends already in motion :)

ETA - I believe that platinum will lose some of its fan base or rather continue to... I don't think it will ever be unloved, but I think it will no longer be seen as the pinacle of perfection and will be seen more for what it is rather than just an image. I think to compensate for this they might start playing with formulas like the 900 mm uses.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think Plat. will slow down at all and WG will continue to be popular. I think we might see some more YG pieces but I''d be very suprised if there was a surge in YG e-rings.

I think less pave, more 3 stones and classic solitaires and agree that the trend will go back towards thicker bands 2.5-3mm..

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I think white metals will continue to be most popular. Eventually, stores are going to start to market wg that doesn''t need to be replated, and since that''s a huge reason why people purchase platinum, we might see the beginnings of a gold revolution. That will eventually lead to a cross over into yellow gold and rose gold, but not in 2007. Maybe 2009. However, yg and rg are going to be big in 2007 with the more trend-setter crowd. I think halos will continue to be popular, and I think we''ll see more halos in colored gold attached to a plat ring. Asschers and emerald cuts will go mainstream. We''ll see slightly thicker bands and simpler settings. We''ll see the beginnings in a shift from antique and micro-detailed to streamlined. The concern over conflict diamonds is going to help the colored stones market. But for your average, non-PS or diamond savvy consumer, the half carat princess cut solitaire in a plat setting will continue to reign supreme.

And I will sit back and lament that everyone else stole my ideas. Asschers and rose gold and colored e-ring were all MY idea! I own them! :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 9:36:50 AM
Author: colorkitty
And I will sit back and lament that everyone else stole my ideas. Asschers and rose gold and colored e-ring were all MY idea! I own them! :)
if that''s how it works then I think I''m going to name the cushion cuts - since no one else has haha

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results