shape
carat
color
clarity

For Sale 20 Pointer Shared Prong Round Eternity Band Lab Diamond

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I have a 20 pointer shared prong round eternity band for sale - Lab Diamond GIA certified. The total carat weight is ~3.4 and this is in a size 6.25. Price paid was $4850. Feel free to reach out with any / all questions. I have paperwork as well if you would like to see

IMG_5642.jpeg IMG_5643.jpeg IMG_5644.jpeg IMG_5641.jpeg IMG_5641.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5641.jpeg
    IMG_5641.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 26

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
**To note this was purchased in March. Unfortunately - due to unprecedented times, we will no longer be getting married this year. The diamond is beautiful and perfect - but not something I can keep until we are able to. I could not return due to missing the 30 day return window by 1 day

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
**To note this was purchased in March. Unfortunately - due to unprecedented times, we will no longer be getting married this year. The diamond is beautiful and perfect - but not something I can keep until we are able to. I could not return due to missing the 30 day return window by 1 day

Oh, my! I’m so sorry. This just crushed me.
Dust for a swift sale!
Prayers you stay happy & healthy!
♥️

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about the delay to your wedding plans. This band is absolutely gorgeous and I wish you a quick sale.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Point of clarification. Are you saying that each stone is Gia certified?

M

Marriedbuteloped

Beautiful ring! Wishing you all the best though!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chicago123 beautiful band and I am sorry that you won’t be using it in the near future. If you missed the return period by 1 day, I would strongly suggest that you press the vendor for a refund. The current situation around the world is completely unprecedented, a vendor should be willing to extend their refund period with one day considering the circumstances. If you paid with a credit card, reach out to them for help as well. Best of luck.

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all - I did. It didn't really work. It sounded like I wasn't the only one but was surprised to hear the sharpness in response.

@rocks DMing you

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Point of clarification. Are you saying that each stone is Gia certified?

Just kidding I have no idea how to DM

To be honest, I am not sure. The company I purchased from was Ada Diamonds. I have all of the paperwork. And can show you. On their website they said they used IGI, GCAL, and GIA.

To he honest, theres nothing wrong and I would love to keep the band. It just isnt the time if that makes sense. I also think when starting over next year - I will want everything fresh for good memoroies

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
For anyone interested - I am looking to sell the band so 100% will to give a good deal

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all - I did. It didn't really work. It sounded like I wasn't the only one but was surprised to hear the sharpness in response.

I would personally try harder, ask to speak with a manager, if that doesn’t work, call again and again, and again, until you get someone to work with you. The secondary market right now is in a dire condition, heck, the primary market is in shambles. If you truly don’t want to keep the band, your best bet is to secure a refund with the original vendor. Best of luck either way.

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Agree with this , not lot of folks with money , with loss of jobs and life everywhere

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Maybe! I spoke with the someone in sales. They did end up giving me a partial refund which is so helpful and generous. But Im still out thousands and hoping to see if anyone is interested. They told me my best option would be to try and sell the band and break even (or take a small hit). I took their advice (Im not confrontational and with everything going on I don't have much energy to fight). They also told me that I could "try and dispute but I wasn't going to win". I don't even know what that means or how to do that because they also told me they contacted the sale merchant and Visa and told them "I wouldn't win" and that the sale merchant would side with them. I dont even know how to contact Visa and I wouldnt anyways or what to do with a dispute.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe! I spoke with the someone in sales. They did end up giving me a partial refund which is so helpful and generous. But Im still out thousands and hoping to see if anyone is interested. They told me my best option would be to try and sell the band and break even (or take a small hit). I took their advice (Im not confrontational and with everything going on I don't have much energy to fight). They also told me that I could "try and dispute but I wasn't going to win". I don't even know what that means or how to do that because they also told me they contacted the sale merchant and Visa and told them "I wouldn't win" and that the sale merchant would side with them. I dont even know how to contact Visa and I wouldnt anyways or what to do with a dispute.

They are full of it, that’s what it means. I am going to say this for the last time - inquire again with the vendor, ask to speak with someone at the top, if that doesn’t work - inquire and dispute with your credit card company. What is happening in the world right now is completely out of the ordinary and devastating for so many. Refusal of a refund because it was 1 day after the “return period” at this time is ludicrous imo.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock

I don’t like that customer service brought up a credit card dispute and claimed to have spoken to visa ahead of time. Why do that if you didn’t even bring it up?

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
I agree - I also wouldn't think of doing that. It's not in my nature. The more everyone is bringing this to my attention the more I feel a little played. I understand its a scary time for everyone and businesses need a profit. But I feel as they I was cornered / bullied a little. I will ask my bank. I dont want anyone to be out of a deal. The ring is beautiful - I am confident someone will come along wanting a similar piece. It really is gorgeous. I want to give it back without issue.

As if canceling the wedding, having family members at risk, a job loss wasnt enough :(

I will reach back out - appreciate the community support here. It means a great deal to feel connected during times such as these

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
I should have gone with a company that other recommend here. I wanted to be eco friendly to help our planet but man - the experience has been disheartening

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
I should have gone with a company that other recommend here. I wanted to be eco friendly to help our planet but man - the experience has been disheartening

As someone who won’t buy newly mined natural diamonds, I find other customer experiences important in choosing vendors, especially since most are relatively new to the trade. It would be great if you could post your experience on the lab diamond forum when all is said and done. At least there, lurkers who are looking for reviews can find it more easily.

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
I will for sure. I will recap the call completely - down to the comment where I was told if I got emotional or upset on the phone - the sales rep told me they would hang up and continue with an email. Mind you everything right now is sad and emotional and Idk I cant stop crying

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Please correct me if I have misunderstood....you paid $4850 for a 3.4ct total weight lab created diamond eternity? That seems like a lot of money for lab created diamonds.....

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
They told you they would hang up on you if you got emotional or upset? But you weren’t be disrespectful or anything? Just trying to inquire about a refund that you missed by one day? The NERVE of them. I’m sorry if they are members here but that rep needs to pulled to the side if what you are saying is true. The USA is on the brink of a recession like no other and this pandemic will hurt millions of Americans.

I will for sure. I will recap the call completely - down to the comment where I was told if I got emotional or upset on the phone - the sales rep told me they would hang up and continue with an email. Mind you everything right now is sad and emotional and Idk I cant stop crying

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
It was within the first minute of the conversation - I wasn't aggressive or loud or anything. Just drained. Im still so drained. My voice was a little shaky from crying - but I was honestly astonished.

I will confirm there was zero empathy for my situation. Every other vendor was so caring throughout this. Its unfortunate the one thing that is an item and symbolizes our (well would have been wedding) was the harshest.

I will also be very clear I never intended to relay my experience. Just to hopefully sell the ring and move past. I didnt want to speak poorly of the company but after hearing I was cornered - Im getting angry. You are all right - I called on the 30th day also which is the most confusing part. I got the ring March 2 and called in April 1. I had to wait until April to cancel the vendors. Ugh perfect storm

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. I do believe @Ada Diamonds CEO is a poster here.
If I have misunderstood, my apologies to all!
Good luck and be well.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The company I purchased from was Ada Diamonds. I have all of the paperwork. And can show you. On their website they said they used IGI, GCAL, and GIA.

See my post above . . .

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please correct me if I have misunderstood....you paid $4850 for a 3.4ct total weight lab created diamond eternity? That seems like a lot of money for lab created diamonds.....

If we break it down, it's 17 stones + the metal + the work to cast, polish and put it together + sales taxes.

I don't know what the sales taxes are locally but let's say it's 20%, which is not unusual. That would give c.$4k before tax.

Let's say $800? for the metal + work to create it, that leaves c.$3200.

$3200 / 17 = c.$188 per stone.

Ritani has 0.3ct G VS2 MMDs for sale at $155 cost to the purchaser

https://www.ritani.com/lab-diamonds/round-lab-diamond-0-3-Carat-G-color-IGI-certified/D-1JJMM57

the price of which they have detailed as being made up of:

Our Cost: $113.99
Fulfillment Costs: $8.53
Mark-up: $32.48

so around 25% of the retail price is retailer costs/markup.

They are selling 0.39ct (so almost 0.4ct) G VS2 at $201, so around $45 more than 0.3ct:

They don't have any 0.2ct stones listed, but we could extrapolate from the above that they might be listed at around $110-120, so perhaps $68-78 less than the calculated cost per stone in this ring.

Now, it is not clear from what's been posted whether each individual stone has a GIA / IGI / GCAL grading report or whether the whole ring has some sort of 'valuation report' on it.

If it's the former, the GIA price list states that 0.2ct stones would cost $48 per stone to grade:
https://www.gia.edu/doc/Laboratory_GrownDiamond_FS_USD_2020_0101.pdf
which would mean that there is $20 -30 profit margin on top of each example stone's retail price at Ritani to get to the calculated $188 cost (120+48+20=188), and we'd have to include the 25% margin within the retail cost of a Ritani stone (so about $30).

This is all guesswork, though, and the price of MMDs seems to vary greatly depending on the quality of the rough/cut stones and the vendor.

If we are blunt/ruthless, we can say that it is not wrong that Ada Diamonds make a profit on their goods - they have to earn a living, after all - and the purchaser in this instance (as with every instance) signed up to the price and the Returns Ts&Cs as part of their purchase, so if life conspires against the ability to use those Returns procedures, that is the way the dice rolls (which is unfortunate but cannot be helped :( ).

So... It's all a bit unlucky with the timing :( and we cannot know Ada's profit margins because they are a private matter, but perhaps Ada will consider some flexibility in this instance - although, strictly speaking, they are within their rights to maintain their current position.

I hope the OP can reach a satisfactory resolution, and that the special day can happen soon!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absurd. Sounds like the customer service rep was awful to you! There is zero reason for them not to issue a refund given the extraordinary circumstances. I really hope @Ada Diamonds CEO can help you and you can get the full refund you deserve

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I called on the 30th day also which is the most confusing part. I got the ring March 2 and called in April 1. I had to wait until April to cancel the vendors. Ugh perfect storm

^This, if documented somehow, is your justification for refund.

Once, I had to cancel a hotel reservation, their policy was refund but not less then 14 days of arrival. Due to an emergency admittance into the hospital, my DH called 15 days prior. They gave him a hard time until he insisted/counted that we were within their timeframe. Be the squeaky wheel.

Wishing you luck.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^This, if documented somehow, is your justification for refund.

Once, I had to cancel a hotel reservation, their policy was refund but not less then 14 days of arrival. Due to an emergency admittance into the hospital, my DH called 15 days prior. They gave him a hard time until he insisted/counted that we were within their timeframe. Be the squeaky wheel.

Wishing you luck.

Exactly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results