shape
carat
color
clarity

It's Official!

SweetPea-<3

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies! I'm officially engaged!

I knew that the ring was coming fairly soon, but I had no idea when or how he would ask. I suspected something was up when he suggested that we get out of town for the weekend, but I expected he'd wait until we arrived at our destination to propose. To my surprise, as we were leaving the house Saturday morning, I turned around to lock the door, and when I turned back, there he was on his knee, in the hallway of my apartment building. At that point, everything became a blur. I remember that what he said was short and sweet. Something like, "We're going on a journey today, but the journey is bigger than you think. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" I remember saying, "yes, yes, yes, yes, yes". From that moment onward, I was on cloud nine. I spent the majority of the 5 hour ride from NYC to DC staring at my hand (so sparkly!). When we arrived, I found out that he had booked a room at the St. Regis hotel and made reservations for us to have a champagne brunch at a cute place nearby. We didn't tell a soul for the whole day--just the way we wanted it.

My boyfriend worked with a custom designer, but the concept was entirely his own, with inspiration from the art deco era. The center stone is a cushion brilliant, 1.3 carats, E color, VVS2. It's bezel set and surrounded by alternating, french cut diamonds and sapphires--8 of each. The shank is adorned with 4 clusters of diamonds and sapphires on each side, 8 in total. (He chose to have many of the elements appear in 8s because he is American-born Chinese, and the number 8 is a lucky number).

Anyone who knows me (and how picky I am about design) knows that he took a pretty big risk designing the ring without any of my input, and I would agree, but it really paid off. I feel so honored to have such a unique and beautiful ring. If I had picked something out myself, I probably would've chosen something "safer", and I'm sure it would've been lovely. But this ring symbolizes our relationship in a way that I never expected. I can't imagine it any other way.

I'm sorry it took so long to post the news! I was hoping to wait until I could capture some better pictures of the ring, but I haven't had any luck with my cameras, so I didn't want to wait any longer. Hope you all enjoy!

ADR4.JPG

ADR3.JPG

ADR2.JPG

ADR1.JPG

SweetPea-<3

Rough_Rock
One more!

ADR5.JPG

inflorescence

Shiny_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: What a lovely story!!! And I love the fact he did it before the wonderful trip so you got to fully enjoy yourself instead of wondering the whole time. Your ring is gorgeous, looks like he put alot of thought and love into designing it. Congrats and best of luck planning!!! :):):):)!!!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: Congrats! He was so sweet!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a sweet proposal. I still can't believe your boyfriend designed that ring all by himself. My FI's eyes glaze over if I talk about jewelry. :). But he did an amazing job. Your ring is not only beautiful, but infused with meaning. I love it!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
How sweet and what a unique ring! Congrats! Can't wait to see more pics!! :appl: :appl:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. I loved his proposal. I especially loved that he gave it to you BEFORE the long trip, so that you could enjoy it while traveling!!! It is a very unique design! Made with love! :appl:

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! :appl:

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
What a thoughtful FI you have to put so much thought into your beautiful ring! Congratulations, and enjoy your lovely ring.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats SweetPea :appl: beautiful proposal and your ring is amazing, the fact he went to such lengths to make it unique for you is so sweet :love:

(and love the sapphires BTW!)

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a wonderful engagement story. And the ring is out of this world gorgeous!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Please post more photos of your amazing ring!!!!

Lori

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results