shape
carat
color
clarity

Menopause humor

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I figured out why I'm so fat. The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says, "for extra volume and body." Going to start using Dawn dishwashing soap. It says, "dissolves fat that is otherwise difficult to remove .

and something amusing to listen to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0KvMJCERF4&feature=related

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
LOL....LOVE IT!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good one!!!!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Oh! I have to go read my bottle!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh...my shampoo is for "extra volume" (damn you fine hair)!

Is there anyone here besides me who is looking forward to menopause? I'm so sick of having/dealing with a period every month,
especially waking up to the middle of the night blow-outs. I'm done with kids and dont want to deal with it anymore!
Menopause...bring it on! (I may be cusing myself later :confused: )

soocool

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1298475087|2857849 said:

Is there anyone here besides me who is looking forward to menopause? I'm so sick of having/dealing with a period every month,
especially waking up to the middle of the night blow-outs. I'm done with kids and dont want to deal with it anymore!

I have been in menopuase for almost 7 years now(I'm 54) . You can not even imagine how great it was not to deal with monthly periods anymore. I am also lucky that I never had a hotflash while my sister did suffer from them. I got her on the road to eating right and exercising and her hotflashes went away.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soocool|1298489997|2857972 said:

I have been in menopuase for almost 7 years now(I'm 54) . You can not even imagine how great it was not to deal with monthly periods anymore. I am also lucky that I never had a hotflash while my sister did suffer from them. I got her on the road to eating right and exercising and her hotflashes went away.

So glad to hear that...we normally only hear about all the "negative" stuff associated with menopause but until I'm there
I'm being positive and looking forward to the good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have minimal side-effects.
Menopause seems to have such a negative stigma. I really hate that!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1298499486|2858083 said:
soocool|1298489997|2857972 said:

So glad to hear that...we normally only hear about all the "negative" stuff associated with menopause but until I'm there
I'm being positive and looking forward to the good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have minimal side-effects.
Menopause seems to have such a negative stigma. I really hate that!

Personally, I'm just entering menopause and so far things are fine except for the occasional hot flash. There are times that I swear my make-up is running off my face as fast as I'm putting it on. I really can't complain though because while on birth control pills I had NO periods at all from age 20 to 44 when I finally came off the pill. :))

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Hate what menopause has done to me.
I'm 5 years into it and the changes are
huge. In no way is it any welcome change.
sucks

soocool

Ideal_Rock
bebe|1298514977|2858252 said:
Hate what menopause has done to me.
I'm 5 years into it and the changes are
huge. In no way is it any welcome change.
sucks

Bebe, I am so sorry to hear that menopause has been difficult for you. I truly hope that it does get better with time.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farleysmom - you're a lucky duck!

bebe - I'm so sorry for what you are having to deal with. I wonder why some people seem to go through it like
its no big deal then others get hit with everything. I'm hoping that you feel like your old self soon.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Everything goes to crap with menopause.
Your hair texture changes and thins.
Your skin looks like dried parchment paper.
Your nails are weak and break often.
I've done the hormone therapy for 5 yrs.
and decided to get off it. Then boom!
All these changes hit me. Not fair.
Sorry to be Debbie Downer, :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a problem bebe...my friend read that book by Susanne Summers and then started seeing one of the approved Docs
to help her (I think he was giving her hormones). She said it made a lot of difference. Can I asked why you went off?
Is it not good to be on for a long period or were they not helping anymore?

soocool

Ideal_Rock
What bebe says is interesting since I have been in menopause for 7 years (no hormone replacement) and my hair texture has not changed (just a few gray hairs) and my skin looks absolutely great, and I do have nails that I must keep short because the break easily, but that is only because my hands are always in water or in soil (gardening).

My sister who is 2 years older than me has only been in menopause for 4 years and really suffered from hot flashes and other problems. It took a brick to get through to her and I made her change the way she ate and got her into a regular exercise routine and she is hooked. She told me that her hot flashes have almost totally disappeared and feels so much better than before. She swims 5 times a week - so she is trying to find the best moisturizer for her because her face is getting somwhat dry from the chlorinated pool (what's interesting is the dark spots she has have faded- the chlorine?)

Regarding her diet: she stopped drinking soda altogether (had to be cold turkey or she could not have done it) and has eliminated almost all sugar from her diet. It tool almost a year, but she also lost a lot of weight (25 pounds) and perhaps this helped as well?

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry for bebe and anyone else who's having problems with it.

But menopause is fabulous for me. I went through it probably 3-4 years ago now, and had maybe 3 hot flashes, total. Then last fall I underwent a complete (abdominal) hysterectomy to remove a very rare (but benign) tumor that was on an ovary. Since I was already through menopause we decided just to take everything. Removing the ovaries caused me to have more hot flashes afterward, but they are short, not that bad or that frequent and seem to be subsiding now. No hair changes, etc., and the best part of it is STABLE MOODS, which I hadn't had since the onset of my period, lol.

I'm loving it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bebe - I was wondering did your hair go gray at the same time? I have my Dad's hair and starting going gray in my later 30's.
Going gray changed the texture of my hair. It used to be pretty fine with no body but the gray hair actually gives it more
thickness and body (which I love). Dont love having to keep up the coloring though. I was just wondering if it was the going
gray part that made your hair texture change or if your hair stayed the same color but the texture changed?

DEMON - glad to hear its going well for you. I'm hoping for the same!

**leaves to stick face in pool to eliminate brown spots**

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
bebe|1298605550|2858960 said:
Everything goes to crap with menopause.
Your hair texture changes and thins.
Your skin looks like dried parchment paper.
Your nails are weak and break often.
I've done the hormone therapy for 5 yrs.
and decided to get off it. Then boom!
All these changes hit me. Not fair.
Sorry to be Debbie Downer, :)

Have you had your thyroid levels checked? Sounds like this could be an issue for you too, especially if you were on HRT, thyroid hormones could be askew too. Just an idea! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent point, Ara Ann!

I had been losing hair, my skin had suddenly become oily, and a thyroid test was the first on a list of things they checked for.

It turned out to be caused by the tumor, but thyroid was their first guess, so definitely get that checked, bebe!

Tyty, I hope everything goes well for you, too! And I think I heard something on the news about hot flashes actually helping to protect your heart. So there may even be an up side for them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results