shape
carat
color
clarity

Dieting/ new years resolution

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
So is everyone else like me and losing weight for the new year? I am on this one website, myfitnesspal.com, its free and it tracks your calories for you and exercise. It helps keep me focused on what I eat daily etc etc. So far I have lost about 4 lbs. I am sure it is just water weight, but its weight none the less! :)

mrs.anthony2be

Rough_Rock
Hey!!!

I'm doing the same thing!, I have gained 10-15lbs (depending on the day, ya know how it is), since I bought my wedding dress. Which is all lace and detail... and I was told it will not size well.... so this is a major problem!
I'm trying to just cut back. We eat out a lot, and Im a chef (not professionally, but man can I cook... and man do we eat eat!), I like making A lot of really creamy, pasta heavy italian dishes. I've started out so far by just snacking on veggies when hungry instead of junk... It'll be easier to see progress early on in the year. come july-august, we're gonna be so stressed out and busy, i will probably pack it all back on:S

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey NB, and everyone! Of course I'd love to slim down a bit before getting married, but by no means am I restricting myself hardcore. I love to eat!

I think it's great that you (and whoever else here) are turning to websites that help you track caloric intake vs. workout "outtake" calories! It can be a really positive thing. I've had success in the past with those kinds of sites, and in fact, there is a subforum here on PS which you might find beneficial as well called "Healthy Lifestyle Thread." I was a member a few years ago and had great success there with a community of likeminded PS members supporting me. You might try that in addition to your recent endeavors.

I just wanted to throw the HLT into the mix here, and invite everyone to it. It's always been a really positive place, and I hope that you all will take advantage of it. :appl: :wavey:

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
I first was just going to watch what I ate up until about 4 months before the wedding to start losing the amount I wanted. That all changed when I went onto the website I am currently on. Honestly, I eat every meal plus about 3 snacks a day and I still make it under my calorie goal for the day because I do exercise with it as well. I was nervous because I am Type 1 Diabetic and did not think the amount of calories was enough for me to function. I can honestly say that I have NEVER felt more energized as I do now and its only been 4 days. My blood sugar levels are more even, and I seriously eat all day :lol:

I know what you mean about the lace detailing on your dress, I have the same problem. Since my mother bought the dress I at least gained between 7-10 lbs. When I bought the dress it just fit me perfectly, the only thing we had to do was take in the bust and make the neckline into a sweetheart.. Well I tried the dress on again because my mother said I gained some weight.. She was correct.. The dress is now snug on my tummy and thighs. So here I am, trying to lose about 20 lbs before October which gives me plenty of time. I just do not want to lose too much weight where it is going to make my dress not right when they resize it..

Thanks for all the support, I will definately check out that thread :))

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nicole, you should check out the eat clean diet. It has meal plans (no calorie counting!) and the results have been amazing and it sounds similar to what your doing now (meals, snacks, etc).

http://eatcleandiet.com/what_is_the_eat-clean_diet.aspx

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/about_the_diet/faqs.aspx

We bought 2 of the books and I really really love the way she's got everything set up. It even has grocery lists, where to buy stuff, how to eat healthy out, what to pack and bring along, etc. It teaches you about good carbs/bad carbs, same with sugars, etc. It pretty much takes away the BS food that we are fed (processed garbage...that tastes OH SO GOOD) and chemicals, etc that our bodies can't process and thus...turns into fat. Even if you don't follow the program to a T, it does have TONS of helpful information that you can use to eat a healthier lifestyle that will help you lose weight, but mainly, to give your body the food it can process and use and so your body loses weight naturally. She goes on to say that body shape is 10% working out, 10% genetics and 80% diet, so you can imagine the results people have had. More than one person has lost tons of weight, one person lost of 200 lbs in 3 years eating clean and this isn't uncommon results. It also has eliminated many health issues that people have (including some diabetics, depression, high blood pressure, etc). I love the book, so I just thought I'd share ::)

NB - I am doing a similar thing, just on a different website called fitday dot com. I used this website two years ago when I lost 20 lbs.

I have since gained 10 of that back, so I need to "re-lose" it. Plus I want to lose another 20 before my wedding, for a total of 30 lbs to go! It's a lot, but I'm confident I can do it. Last time around, I didn't do anything special in the way of working out to lose weight. I simply counted calories. Now, with the added benefit of workouts 3-5 times/week I'm hoping I'll lose all the weight I originally intended to.

Good luck to you and all the other PSer's out there on your Resolutions!

In addition to losing weight, my other resolution is to not go shopping for myself unless it's wedding related. I love to shop, so this will hopefully help me focus my shopping tendencies in the right direction and not spend my money other things!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
I totally agree on the shopping thing, and ever since we got engaged this is my motto! I do not shop or spend money unless it is wedding related. For Christmas I got gift cards and such so that was an exception, but other than this I have been doing so well and I have been truly focused on getting things ready for the wedding..

I am definately going to check out those links sent.. Thanks!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
i'd like to join you ladies on the weight loss.

i'm the heaviest i've ever been at 126 pounds, want to get under 115 pounds if possible.

not doing very well so far, coz i've got swine flu!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
well on my first week which started last week i lost 4.5 lbs!! I feeeel amazing.. my 2nd week started today :))

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
My goal is to maintain my 40 lb loss! Definitely harder than I ever thought it would be...

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
autumn, how do you do it??

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Autumnovember|1294622882|2818493 said:
My goal is to maintain my 40 lb loss! Definitely harder than I ever thought it would be...

Congrats on the loss!! thats a lot!! I can imagine keeping it down is hard...

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1294624902|2818502 said:
autumn, how do you do it??

Weight watchers! It took a lot for me to actually DO IT. Literally, two years. I was having health issues and my doctor told me I needed to lose weight to help rid some of those issues and that became my breaking point. So I started WW in Nov. 2009 and it took me about 7 months to lose the 40 lbs and I have been maintaining my weight now for about 7 months. It's been a great experience so far and I would recommend it to anyone. More than anything, it teaches portion control. The first 2-3 weeks are the most difficult because you're retraining both your body and mind but then it becomes second nature.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hey nicole! I joined myfitnesspal but haven't been logging in. I have been going to the gym every day (sadly my foot is hurt so I can't run and my shoulder is hurt so I can't swim or lift weights...really driving me nuts :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:) but I have been biking on the stationary bike 30 mins/day and trying to watch what I eat more. In the first week I lost 1.8 lbs (down from 139.0 to 137.2). I am 5'5" and my goal is to get to 126 lbs, although really I would be THRILLED to be under 130.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
slg- i started off at 161.. i am now 156.5 and i can tell already that my jeans are more loose. Its amazing. Myfitnesspal.com is amazing haha.. I have been religious with it. Good luck! I hope you get back on track!! My goal weight is 140. If I lose anymore than that I will have to dramatically take my dress in and I am trying my hardest not to do that. I want to be toned, and just overall feel better about myself.. ITS WORKING! :))

Tigarlily1

Rough_Rock
I'm about the same as you Nicole. I'm at 162 right now and my goal is to be 145 (or under) for the wedding. My wedding is in July so I got 6 months to get there. I re-committed around Thanksgiving and joined Weight Watchers. WW really helped me to keep things in perspective during the holidays. I bought my dress and practically instantly gained 10 lbs. The dress is snug now but hopefully eventually I have to take it in a bit. I really just want to be toned and feel confident... for the honeymoon too! Good luck!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
i gained about 10 lbs too after my mother had bought the dress! Stupid holidays! haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results