shape
carat
color
clarity

*Not* Patiently waiting..

bvernier

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend just told me my ring was shipped out by the jeweler today...and I have been waiting close to 5 YEARS! He's been saying I'm not going to get it right away..and then the other day he said end of September..then today he said he's getting a safety deposit box to keep it in..Do you really think he's going to make me wait that long?!? or is he just pulling my chain?!? I could totally see him telling me that to throw me off and drive me crazy..but then again I can see him really making me wait till the end of September. This is going to drive me absolutely nuts. We've already picked a wedding date in April and I'm trying to start planning, but i don't want to meet with vendors/venues until I have a ring on my finger. AHH ! So excited..but seriously..2 more months!!?!?

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
BV- I know exactly how you feel because I was told the end of September as well. If you have read in my prior posts, I have been there before, only like two days ago. What I have learned from other ladies on this site is to just enjoy your time together. You know he is serious about you, leave the rest up to him :)) I know how hard it can be to keep the excitement in!! TRUST ME! Any advice I can give you is : Relax, and don't freak out on him! haha.

I am also planning the wedding for next year and looking at venues. We go together. Even though I do not have the ring on my finger, we know that it is coming and if there is a venue for a day that you really want and love, well.. heck.. Go for it. There does not have to be a ring on your finger to know how much your man is crazy about you :)) and is ready to spend his life with you! Don't worry. I feel funny too going into these venues and I don't have my diamond! :(( Soon enough!

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
bvernier said:
My boyfriend just told me my ring was shipped out by the jeweler today...and I have been waiting close to 5 YEARS! He's been saying I'm not going to get it right away..and then the other day he said end of September..then today he said he's getting a safety deposit box to keep it in..Do you really think he's going to make me wait that long?!? or is he just pulling my chain?!? I could totally see him telling me that to throw me off and drive me crazy..but then again I can see him really making me wait till the end of September. This is going to drive me absolutely nuts. We've already picked a wedding date in April and I'm trying to start planning, but i don't want to meet with vendors/venues until I have a ring on my finger. AHH ! So excited..but seriously..2 more months!!?!?

Thats exciting! Did you pick out the ring together?? The end of September will be here before you know it, and who knows, maybe it will be sooner! You will be so excited when it happens - enjoy the anticipation now!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am terrible at waiting so I wish you luck! I hope its sooner rather than later.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
good luck!!! Just breathe and relax and wait for a grand surprise! and when the ring does come we expect oodles of pics! :naughty:

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
It's called torture and they like to watch us squirm! I hope he is just creating a diversion of sorts and does it much sooner. Do you know any details about the ring? I'm sure I'm not the only one here who would love to know! Congrats to both of you.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
First off, Congratulations! Second, 2 months isn't too long of a wait (I know it will still seem like forever) so even if it isn't until the end of September keep telling yourself you're almost there! You never know, maybe he is just trying to throw you off so that you'll be surprised when he proposes sooner. That seems like a likely scenario. Good luck with staying calm, we'll be here for ya!

bvernier

Rough_Rock
ringplease.jpg

This is my ring.. .83 center VS1 color H 6mm with .03 x 8 halo around the center..Hope the image upload works..and I really hope he is just messing with me :)

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I loooooooooooooooooooove Tacori. In fact my engagement ring is a Tacori as well : ) :appl:

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
tell me about it. What's with guys with proposing by the end of Sept. My bf also told me that the other day. We also got a Tacori ring. Tacori 2561. It has been in the safe deposit box for almost a month. After almost 6 years of dating (6 years next Sat), I just can't wait until we're engaged! :bigsmile:

We are also KINDA planning and talking about our wedding. I don't feel like calling places until I'm actually engaged. I feel kinda weird.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
beezygal said:
tell me about it. What's with guys with proposing by the end of Sept. My bf also told me that the other day. We also got a Tacori ring. Tacori 2561. It has been in the safe deposit box for almost a month. After almost 6 years of dating (6 years next Sat), I just can't wait until we're engaged! :bigsmile:

We are also KINDA planning and talking about our wedding. I don't feel like calling places until I'm actually engaged. I feel kinda weird.

Ohhh your going to be engaged that weekend, I can feel it!! And if i'm wrong, you can slap me! :)) Cant wait!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh it is so many of us who will be engaged by the end of sept! we can all support each other!

also that ring is gorgeous :) :) :)

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
My DH carried the ring with him all the time for a week before he proposed.
He was trying to find a 'surprise' moment.
I'm one of those people that are hard to surprise because I'm usually the spontaneous one.

Sounds like your BF is trying to find that moment. He probably finds the whole situation amusing.
Let him have 'the power' while it lasts because it's probably one of the few moments when our partners have such control of our emotions. :cheeky:

Gorgeous ring! Can't wait for more photos! :)

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
nicoleben said:
beezygal said:

Ohhh your going to be engaged that weekend, I can feel it!! And if i'm wrong, you can slap me! :)) Cant wait!!

Ha! That's what my dad said. Even though my bf said he won't propose this sat because it won't be a surprise then, my dad keeps saying he's just confusing me. My dad is like "just keep thinking he won't propose... and he will propose."

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
beezygal said:
nicoleben said:
beezygal said:

Ha! That's what my dad said. Even though my bf said he won't propose this sat because it won't be a surprise then, my dad keeps saying he's just confusing me. My dad is like "just keep thinking he won't propose... and he will propose."

I agree, Beezy. I think he's trying to throw you off. Even if not on that exact day, I just can't believe that he'd wait until the end of September! I think it will definitely be sooner than that.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! That ring is gorgeous! Hope you don't wait too long for it!

luvshinyrocks

Rough_Rock
bvernier,

That is a gorgeous ring!!! Which Tacori is that? I can't find it on their web site. I've been looking at them myself and was leaning toward the 2620 or 2623 :)

bvernier

Rough_Rock
It is the 2515. I'm actually having it "recreated" by a jeweler. I realllly hope it turns out OK. The jeweler did a great job on my moms ring so I'm hoping for equal results. I'm having it made in platinum with bigger diamonds than the ones on the Tacori band. The setting by Tacori in platinum is almost 6K! My ring is $6500 with a .83 H VS1 center :) I can't wait to take 1000 pictures of my ring!

bvernier

Rough_Rock
My personal choice is the 2623! LOVE TACORI! If my jeweler does a remarkable job I'll have to recommend him to everyone here :)

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
TWO MONTHS WILL FLY! I promise!

Welcometo LIW. Gorgeous ring!

xo Natalie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results