shape
carat
color
clarity

the ring is here!!!!!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
OK so...BF has the ring :) how do I know? we were hanging out and he had his e-mail browser open and I happened to catch a cursory glance (was NOT snooping...but if we're hanging out together looking at his computer...) of an e-mail from BGD! So we talked about it and he picked up the ring yesterday :) he says it looks good!!! and he also said proposal will be after I get back from working at summer camp.

so exciting!

paris29

Shiny_Rock
That's so exciting. I can't wait to see pics and hear the proposal story. Your almost there :D . When will you be done with the summer camp?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
YEAH! that's soon!!!

I'm also wondering when will you be done too?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Soooo exciting :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I will be out of town July 31-Aug 17...so sometime after that :) :) and before Oct 1st! so we will see :)

autumn how can you post here and NOT tell us the story/post more pics!!!!!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
shhhhh I'm undercover!

I was taking a 10 min break :Up_to_something:

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Aww thats excellent news! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Aw congrats!

I'm kind of new around here, but I was wondering if you are more or less anxious/excited to get your ring now that you know he has it? This is a selfish question on my part that I've been thinking about... sorry to threadjack a little :halo:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh no, no worries. i helped pick out the ring and I knew it would be here either last wk or this wk...so knowing it's here isn't really a big deal to me. the proposal date will still be a surprise though! i was happy to help pick out the ring because I am picky and that way I would have some input...plus I think BF was also happy since he did not want the stress of picking out something that is non-returnable and very expensive without knowing if I would like it!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Gotcha. I did the same thing - I picked out my diamond and designed my setting. I was just asking because I am dying to see what the finished product will look like. Right now it isn't made yet, so it's not a big deal. But if you're bf doesn't show it to you before he proposes, won't you be more anxious to see what it looks like? I guess I don't want to be someone who obsesses over the ring, but I want to see what the components look like together! Just wondering if you were feeling the same (if any of this makes sense...).

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
OOOh awesome! That's so soon!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
OOhhh lucky lucky haha

slg47

Ideal_Rock
no, that makes sense. I specifically asked him not to show me the pictures! I saw the CADs but have not seen the glamour shots from BGD and he knows he's dead if he shows it to me before the proposal :) :) :) (just kidding but that would be TORTURE!) I am curious to see what it looks like of course but I want him to be able to plan something on his own timeline, and it would be really weird to propose to me right before I leave (especially since I wouldn't wear the ring at camp anyway...not risking losing it in the lake!) So yeah...of course I am dying to see! but I can just drool over everyone else's rings :) :) :) and then be thinking about how he will propose!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Holey Moley!!! What awesome news!!!! Now you just have to get done with summer camp!

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Woo hoo!!! Now you just have to stay patient for a little bit longer! Exciting!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your perspective slg.

Congrats again - at least your wait is almost over (lucky girl)!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
calibali maybe you can do the same thing I did and see/approve the CADs but not see the final pics? when are you expecting your ring? and what does it look like?

i can't believe it is in the apartment!!!! BF said he hid it pretty well (I told him to not put it anywhere I would see it, also told him I wouldn't go searching unnecessarily...) I asked him if he looked at it...he said it looked nice :) then I said I would stop asking details :) :)

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
No CADs for me - I went with Leon. The reason I'm a little anxious is because I don't think he's going to do exactly as I asked, so I really want to see how it comes out. I got his classic solitaire, but I made a few changes to the shank width, stone setting height, and I added secret stones (a pink diamond and peridot). It will be ready in about 4 weeks.

My BF initially said that I wasn't allowed to see it until he proposed, but I think I may drive myself insane wondering how it looks. I don't want to be constantly thinking about it up until the proposal, that's just not healthy! After stating my side, my bf then agreed to give me 2 mins to look at it (right after it arrives) to make sure it looks perfect. I like this idea, but I think he would prefer me not to see it. And since he paid so friggin much for it, that makes me think I need to do respect his wishes. I'm torn.

Sorry I made this all about me! Any new advice???

Oh and props to you for your awesome willpower. Based on some of the recent posts, you sound like the ideal LIW!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
haha not sure I am the ideal LIW...but BF and I have agreed on a lot of stuff which has made it pretty easy :) i do tease him a lot about it but now that I know that the ring is here and it will be after I get back...I think I can be patient :saint:

ooh a Leon!!! so exciting!!! i'm sure it's going to be gorgeous (are any of his pieces not gorgeous??) what is your center stone like? and what is the design like? is it similar to any of the other rings on his drool-worthy website?

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
There have been a few crazy threads here recently and patience has definitely not been the theme. So I just think it's awesome you've remained level-headed when confronted with the ring.

Mine is similar to the solitaire that Boom, Harriet and boston_jeff got (r909 and r907), except with single claw prongs. My center stone is a 2.66 RB H&A. When I talked to Leon about the setting, he said it looked really big for it's weight and he would have guessed it was closer to 3ct. I thought it looked big too and even asked PS if it was too big (one guess at the response I got?). My size worries led me to a solitaire since I did not want to draw too much attention.

What setting did you go with? I've been mostly a lurker so I've previously read about your stone. It's quite lovely imo :naughty:

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
slg47 said:
OK so...BF has the ring :) how do I know? we were hanging out and he had his e-mail browser open and I happened to catch a cursory glance (was NOT snooping...but if we're hanging out together looking at his computer...) of an e-mail from BGD! So we talked about it and he picked up the ring yesterday :) he says it looks good!!! and he also said proposal will be after I get back from working at summer camp.

so exciting!

Sig that is so EXCITING!! I can't even wait to see it! Is he keeping it in the house, or is he keeping it in the bank safe or something? I told my FF that I don't want to see the actual ring at all at all at all until its on my finger. Is that how you feel too?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
calibali said:
There have been a few crazy threads here recently and patience has definitely not been the theme. So I just think it's awesome you've remained level-headed when confronted with the ring.

Mine is similar to the solitaire that Boom, Harriet and boston_jeff got (r909 and r907), except with single claw prongs. My center stone is a 2.66 RB H&A. When I talked to Leon about the setting, he said it looked really big for it's weight and he would have guessed it was closer to 3ct. I thought it looked big too and even asked PS if it was too big (one guess at the response I got?). My size worries led me to a solitaire since I did not want to draw too much attention.

What setting did you go with? I've been mostly a lurker so I've previously read about your stone. It's quite lovely imo :naughty:

ooh I LOVE Boston Jeff's ring! Leon does some really beautiful solitaires :) it is going to be so classic and perfect! and big but not TOO big (unless you have a size 1 finger...then...well...maybe too big) :lol:

ETA I'm guessing PS didn't say it was too big...I might have said so myself :Up_to_something:

also I went with this setting but asked them to change to v-tip prongs. and thanks for the comments on my stone! i can't wait to see it again!

Ring2398%203D-1(2).jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
RhubarbPie said:
slg47 said:

so exciting!

Sig that is so EXCITING!! I can't even wait to see it! Is he keeping it in the house, or is he keeping it in the bank safe or something? I told my FF that I don't want to see the actual ring at all at all at all until its on my finger. Is that how you feel too?

yes I do NOT want to see it until it is the actual for real proposal, otherwise I think I would go nuts! He is keeping it in the apartment but I am not looking for it :saint:

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
Oh, such exciting news! Can't wait to hear the big updates!!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Great setting! That is going to be one stunning ring :appl:

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
o my goodness. Thats such good news. Congrats....keep us in the loop

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results