shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding band

LadyJane83

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies! I posted this in the rocky talky forum, but thought I might get more responses here:

I have a knife-edge solitaire e-ring. I''ve been thinking about getting a plain white gold knife-edge wedding ring, b/c I have heard it will match best... but I am concerned about it scratching. We also might want to get the wedding rings engraved, and I don''t know if knife-edge bands are thick enough for that.

Anyone have any thoughts? Anyone have a knife-edge wedding ring, and if so are you happy with it?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Go try some on and see for yourself. Honest. Even if they don't match perfectly, you can get an idea of what you like and don't like, and the results might surprise you. I have a knife-edged ering and knew I didn't want a knife-edge band to go with it, but had planned on getting a plain comfort-fit band. Well, turns out I fell hard for a diamond band (which I only tried on for fun, along with basically every other ring they had in stock) and ended up getting a wedding ring that is completely different than what I initially thought I'd get. And I LOVE it.

So...don't get a band just because someone has told you it will match. Find something that suits you (which might be the knife-edge one, or might be something else) because you'll be wearing it for a long time! And FWIW, I was told that rings as thin as 2mm could be engraved, though different jewelers might have different capabilities, so ask the vendor you're thinking of getting your ring from.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results