shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all bookworms! Have u read this?

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
D

Deactivated member 42515

I have loved reading as long as I can remember. I would rather read than watch a movie! Anyway, anyone ever read walter moers books? I love them! He''s a german? writer and his books are translated into english. They are so wonderful because its nothing like I have ever read before. The first one I read was about Captain Bluebear. And he''s well, a blue bear and he is one of a kind. His books take place in Zamonia. I just love them!!!

I also read THE BOOK OF LOST THINGS and I''ve gotta say that it is THE BEST book I have ever read. I tend to get a tad weird tho about books. I cannot for the life of me watch a scary twisted perverted movie but when it comes to books, the more sadistic the better... I know I''m weird... Anyway, the book of lost things is about a little boy and he travels to a different world where all the fairy tales like snow white, goldilocks and the 3 bears, and hansel and gretel and so much more are not how they are supposed to be. Its a fairy tale for adults. All of them are twisted and have gone totally wrong. I just love it. I wish I could read it all over again for the first time!

And I love stephenie meyers only adult book, the host. its goooood :) u guys may hate me but I''m kinda ehhh on the twilight books. I read all of them and I have all of them but compared to the host, I feel like they have something missing. Prob cuz I''m an adult and the books were made for teens so I''m like kiss already! Hahaha

Just thought I would put in my 2 cents! Anyway read these books or have anything similar they read that maybe I can read? I feel as tho I am in a "readers block" I can''t find a book I am really into!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Ive read the Captain Bluebear one, Yaytacori
35.gif
i recall it being very entertaining, though it was some years ago now that i read it...

id be keen to read more of Moers...he''s a fantastic comic author, and incredibly well-read himself...he referenced more works in Captain Bluebear than I could pick-up on!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
YayTacori - I haven''t read any of what you mentioned, so now I shall have to. Thanks!
35.gif
34.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
haven''t read them but they sound interesting, I''ll have to check them out.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven''t read them but they do sound interesting! I like that you noted that you don''t like scary/twisted/perverted movies but you like your reading material as crazy as crazy can be...I think that''s because as a viewer you have no control over your imagination and what you''re seeing, you''re sort of force-fed images. As a reader, your mind can take things as far as it wants to but there is sort of a safety net involved and if you get uncomfortable your mind quickly adapts itself to a less-weird level if that makes any sense.

I think if you like fantasy/romance/fairy-tale books, you might give Gregory Maguire''s novels a try. He is the author of Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch, as well as several other books based loosely on fairy tales like Snow White, etc. Fun adult fairy tale reading!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results