shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your wedding cake!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Forgive the horrible and blurry picture. I can''t seem to find the website with the cake on it anymore
6.gif

But anyway, we''re using this cake with italian buttercream icing (we don''t want the cake covered in fondant like this one), and the little black flowers will green apple green. The greenish blue ones will be pool blue with light blue centers, and the lighter ones will be a lighter pool blue with light blue centers. The white ones will stay white.

The flavors are going to be yellow pound cake with white chocolate chocolate chip filling, chocolate poundcake with chocolate mousse, and marble poundcake with the white chocolate chocolate chip filling.
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

rgnearjnrj.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Mmmm pass a fork over here!
18.gif

I know there was a recent thread on this, I''m trying to find it...

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Thanks sunny. They all blend together to me sometimes
33.gif

iloveny

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my cake!

prettypretttycake.jpg

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 3:01:57 PM
Author:princessplease
Forgive the horrible and blurry picture. I can''t seem to find the website with the cake on it anymore
6.gif

But anyway, we''re using this cake with italian buttercream icing (we don''t want the cake covered in fondant like this one), and the little black flowers will green apple green. The greenish blue ones will be pool blue with light blue centers, and the lighter ones will be a lighter pool blue with light blue centers. The white ones will stay white.

The flavors are going to be yellow pound cake with white chocolate chocolate chip filling, chocolate poundcake with chocolate mousse, and marble poundcake with the white chocolate chocolate chip filling.
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
My mouth is watering over here....

PS - Love your signature - very very very cute!

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
Here is my wedding cake! I loved it and it tasted great too, from the one little bite that I had

wedding6db.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ktf!!!! I wish you a wonderful wedding weekend!
Jena what a lovely cake!

ozsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Hi, This was our cake. A zesty moist lemon almond cake with white chocolate ganache under the white and ivory fondant with hand made icing shimmer pearls. Delish!

Project_20091010_0049x.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Ours had two choices:

1) Vanilla cake with lemon and raspberry
2) choc cake with choc ganache and mint choc chip

We had been planning on 100-120 guests...so booked the cake for 125 people "to be safe" and our final count came in just around 100 and we forgot to change the order - so a LOT of leftover cake =)

ebww_40.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Our favorite of our three. Definitely an eyesore compared to all these other beautiful cakes, though!

kat.wedding.cake.JPG

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 10:19:00 PM
Author: katamari
Our favorite of our three. Definitely an eyesore compared to all these other beautiful cakes, though!
OH MY GOSH!!! This one absolutely cracked me up when I saw it! I read this thread BEFORE looking at your reception photos (which are amaing btw!) and my first thought was "wow, they really need to submit that to cakewrecks!" Then of course I saw your homage to cakewrecks in your pictures and LOVED it!!! That''s also my favorite blog- I gotta say reading it is the part of my day I look forward to the most!

Everyone else''s cakes are just gorgeous, also!

I''m not getting married until next July, but here is a picture of what I WANT my cake to look like. And HOPEFULLY I don''t end up on cakewrecks as a "what the bride wanted vs. what the bride got"!! I feel horrible for those brides, but they are some of my favorite posts to look at. Having something go wrong with the cake is honestly my biggest fear for my wedding! Anything else could go wrong, but if something happens to the cake, I''ll die.
32.gif
I was super picky when chosing a bakery and picked one out where I KNOW they can do the work (looked at portfolios, the showroom cakes, asked around, you name it!)

orchid5tiercake.jpg

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Our cake was fabulous. We had chocolate cake and the cake had a very subtle raspberry chambord torte (I think that was what it was called) layer and buttercream. We got so many compliments on it and people actually had seconds... which I''ve nevery heard of happening with wedding cake! It was so moist our left overs stayed good for a week after the wedding... probably would''ve lasted longer, but by then it was finished :)

AandPsYummyCake.JPG

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
OMG, these FLAVORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I hate the only good picture I have of my cake. Let''s just say that it didn''t visually live up to my expectations for a cake that cost that much.
38.gif

BUT! It was DELICIOUS! So I''ll tell you what was in it :)

It was iced with an awesomely not-too-sweet buttercream.

The first layer was chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream, raspberry puree and fresh raspberries.

The second layer was lemon cake with cream cheese frosting, strawberry puree and fresh strawberries.

The third layer (which we saved and served at brunch the next day) was tiramisu.

IT WAS SOOOOO GOOOOOD! Too bad it looked like crap. :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wedding is December 5th, and this will be our cake, although it will be butter cream icing rather than fondant...

violet3weddingcake.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
most of the cakes I''ve seen that use blue colours will have a blue ribbon. here''s mine. it didn''t taste that great. it was supposed to be a rich chocolatey cake inside. it was quite dry and they used marsipan - ew!

12sepcakenoel.jpg

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
this was our wedding cupcake tree...everyone loved them and my MOH''s mother made them. they were white chocolate mud and so moist and delicious....
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

our cupcake tree.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
ChemGeek - That was our inspiration picture too! Here is the finished product:

The cake came out just how we hoped, but they put it on that horrible board on the stand! I wish they would have just killed the stand and left it straight on the table. Oh well it tasted good! Chocolate & Cheesecake with raspberry filling and Vanilla cake brushed with coconut rum with white chocolate mouse and mango filling.
18.gif

Morgiecake22.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Violet - That cake is STUNNING for a winter wedding!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 9:12:57 AM
Author: Morgie44

The cake came out just how we hoped, but they put it on that horrible board on the stand! I wish they would have just killed the stand and left it straight on the table. Oh well it tasted good! Chocolate & Cheesecake with raspberry filling and Vanilla cake brushed with coconut rum with white chocolate mouse and mango filling.
18.gif

ChemGeek/Morgie- This looks really similar to what my friend wanted in her cake! Is the ribbon brown? They also had those orchids cascading down the cake.

Here is our itty bitty cake. We had swiss buttercream frosting and then two layers of lemon cake with lemon curd/whipped cream filling and one layer of chocolate with whipped cream and strawberry filling. The top layer was only 4" in diameter and the other two were 6" and 8" since we only had 35 people eating it.

ctekcake1.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
And here is a shot where you can get a feel for the size of the thing.

ctekeatingcake.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
ChemGeek, Morgie had a cake that looked extrememly similar to this style!

I hope she doesn''t mind me posting it
5.gif

margie44beautifulcake.jpg

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 11:44:55 AM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 10/29/2009 9:12:57 AM
Author: Morgie44

18.gif

ChemGeek/Morgie- This looks really similar to what my friend wanted in her cake! Is the ribbon brown? They also had those orchids cascading down the cake.

Here is our itty bitty cake. We had swiss buttercream frosting and then two layers of lemon cake with lemon curd/whipped cream filling and one layer of chocolate with whipped cream and strawberry filling. The top layer was only 4'' in diameter and the other two were 6'' and 8'' since we only had 35 people eating it.
Yep, the ribbon is really dark brown. I wanted 1" thick ribbon...which we found at Wally World of all places! Not even any of the craft stores nearby had what I was looking for!

Chocolate mousse and mango?!?! YUM! ALL the flavors on here are making my mouth water! good thing it''s almost lunch time!

We just picked one flavor: White chocolate mousse with carmel! Golden butter cake and buttercream frosting!
18.gif

If anyone lives near Indy, Heavenly Sweets Cakes in Noblesville is AMAZING, best buttercream ever!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
We''re modeling our cake after this one. The flowers won''t be pink. Probably purple to go with our purple and dark grey color palette.

cakeinspirationpic.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
YUM. Beautiful cakes everyone! This thread makes me REALLY crave cake!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results