shape
carat
color
clarity

RSVP and wedding details wording???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I am working on my invite, reception/wedding detials cards and response cards.

I am trying to save some paper, so the wedding detials will include the reception, accommodations, etc.

I used someone''s suggestion for my respose card, but am not sure if its too confusing.

What do you think?

Melissa I2 pc.JPG

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
here is the response card.

Does it make sense? or should we just leave the ___ seates have been reserved in your honour part, but insetaed of

___ of ___ accept to the ceremony and the reception

should it just say

____ accept(s) to the ceremony and to the reception

and let the Name line let us know how many are coming????

My mom was confused by this one, so I need help here.

Melissa I3 PS.JPG

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
We were thinking of putting in the line about "We have reserved __ seats in your honour," and then my FMIL said it was insulting. So, I posted here and the consensus was that it is not insulting. Then, however, the invitation shop people told me that it was against the rules of etiquette, so we opted to take it out (i.e., I caved).

I personally think it''s fine, but I simply grew tired of defending myself!
2.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Is this clearer?

R S V P

Kindly respond by the 18th of April 2009

We have reserved seat(s) in your honour

Name(s)__________________________________________________

____ ceremony only

____ happily accept(s) to the ceremony & to the reception

____ regretfully decline(s)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 4:17:20 PM
Author: TheBigT
We were thinking of putting in the line about ''We have reserved __ seats in your honour,'' and then my FMIL said it was insulting. So, I posted here and the consensus was that it is not insulting. Then, however, the invitation shop people told me that it was against the rules of etiquette, so we opted to take it out (i.e., I caved).

I personally think it''s fine, but I simply grew tired of defending myself!
2.gif
My mom thought the same thing, and we didn''t put that line in. Our reply card just said (all of it was in small caps):

ETA: Just an idea, but we put a number on the back of each reply card. Each person (or couple or family) was given a number in our guest list excel spreadsheet. We put the numbers on the back just in case someone forgot to put their names on the blank line. That way we could cross reference the excel sheet with the reply card and see who it belonged to. We didn''t have any problems, but I was glad we did it anyway.

Kindly reply by June seventh.

_________ Accept(s) with pleasure

_________ Decline(s) with regret

Please indicate your meal preference(s)

___________ Prime rib au jus

___________ Lobster stuffed haddock in newburgh sauce

___________ Chicken with lemon and herb sauce

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results