shape
carat
color
clarity

Color Expert: Flower Help!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I need your opinions please on what color MY Flowers and MY bridesmaids flowers would look best.
Here are some details for you to imagine it: and thank you ahead of time

Red and White Color Theme - i want simple, classy, elegant.
July Wedding
Huge White Tent outside with permanent dance floor, white tiny light go along permiter of tent, very pretty/elegant
Girls dresses are red (tea length - flowy b2 dresses)
Table linens will be ALL white, nakins, table cloths, chair covers, chair bows, etc.
Center pieces of Red Roses surrounded by some red rose petals on tables.
White tea light candles also surrounding centerpieces.
Cake, all white w/ some red rose accents
My dress - all white

Now, I want roses, but Im not sure if:
1) I carry red roses and they carry red too (smaller)
2) I carry red roses and they carry a mix of red, orange, pink? (smaller)
3) I carry white roses and they carry red (smaller)
4) I carry white roses and they carry mix of red
5) I carry red roses and they carry pink?

What do i do? I have no idea! i really wanted to carry red but now im thinking maybe i should carry white, cuz its summer and ??? i dont know! i like white roses for me -
any other input would be great too

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I should add
I originally wanted my dress white and my flowers red roses
but my trouble is finding what would go best with their dresses (cuz they are red) and the whole color scheme.

will it look ok for summer to have me w/ large red roses and them with smaller red roses against their dresses?
any thoughts?

Calla18

Rough_Rock
What if you carried a boquet of red roses; either all completely red, or red with white in the center. The bridesmaids could carry white roses and again either completely white or white with red in the center?!

Just an idea! Good luck!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking similar to Calla. I like the look when the bridesmaids'' bouquets are opposite the brides - so maybe do yours mostly red with a few white, and theirs the reverse - mostly white with a few red? I''m thinking like this for them:

redandwhiterosebouquet.jpg

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I like that idea a lot. but i remember someone telling me that the girls should not have more white because the white will contrast w/ their gowns and make them stand out and that i dont want to do that?
i thought it would\ be ok, but someone told me no.

you guys think it would work?

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never heard that, although I guess I can kind of see it. However, I think your color combo is based on contrast (as opposed to something like hot pink and orange, which are more complementing than contrasting if that makes sense). I wouldn''t worry about it at all, I think it would look great!

Besides, everyone always has a "oh no, you don''t want to do that" lurking somewhere, you can''t possibly please them all!
9.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
thanks big diamonds, i really really like this pic for theirs and mine can be just the opposite, mostly red w/ just a few white. LOVE IT!
tx.
OR could i do this one for them? and mine ALL red? or should it be the opposite to match? lol

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I think it will be fine if you do all red for yourself and a mix of red and white for the bms. The only thing that I don''t think would look right is if the bms had all red, because it would blend in too much with their dresses.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I found this image for you as a visual of what it may look like if you carried red flowers and your bridesmaids carried white. The bridesmaids in this picture have black dresses so you''ll have to envision them in red, but maybe it''ll help straighten things out in your head.
2.gif

If you decide you don''t like the look, I think a mix like the others have suggested would be nice as well.

Good luck deciding!

ilpc_contrast.jpg

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Sabine, a mix for the BMs would work better for their dresses. You want to be able to see their flowers in the pics etc too,

galvana

Brilliant_Rock

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Im not so good at posting pics or photoshop - Can anyone show me what their dresses would look like with the flowers infront of them?
all reds and white with reds?

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a quick job for you. I picked "new red" from the color chart so hopefully that''s the right one... gorgeous dress by the way!

All white flowers:

ilpc_white.jpg

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
White and red mix:

ilpc_mix.jpg

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Girlie Girl THANK YOU! That is the exact color, and I LOVE seeing them with the flowers!
THANK YOU!

I think i like the mostly white with a few red in it! THANK YOU~!
36.gif

cool dress huh? im excited for them!

I can''t thank you enough - all of you. and now i think it will look great w/ me with red and them w/ white w/ some red. YAY

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I meant to ask you all - what look do you like best - now that you can SEE it (thanks for girlie girl)

all white
or
white w/some red??

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
White with some red. It'll be smashing!

Great work with the photoshopping, btw.
36.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 11:14:02 PM
Author: pjean
White with some red. It''ll be smashing!

Great work with the photoshopping, btw.
36.gif
Ditto to the flower choice AND to the great photoshopping job!!

I think you should carry ALL red, like you want (which would be smashing anyway!) and them carry white with a few red! Will look much better with their dresses too.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again everyone! oh im getting so excited, i can''t wait for the wedding and til im able to post pics of it all so you all can see! thanks again for the help -
I DO want to carry all red and im glad i asked for you opinions for the girls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results