shape
carat
color
clarity

Close Encounters with Groomzillas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Almost everyone has known a bridezilla, but I want to know: do you know any groomzillas? Please share your encounter!

Here''s mine:

My cousin''s fiance must control every detail of the wedding. He has dictated the size and membership of the bridal party (thank goodness I made the cut
20.gif
). He set the date (one of the most difficult travel weekends of the year). He decided to have the rehearsal dinner two days in advance instead of the night before to extend his "celebration." He had to compile the directions to the church and reception in my cousin''s hometown despite having been there once and grown up in another country altogether. He has told her how she will wear her hair. He picked out her wedding jewelry, and he "designed" her frozen spit e-ring and w-band. He worded the invitations. He has instructed the bridal party members on their "duties" (the list is not short). He picked out 95% of the registry. He had to do the seating chart on his own. He had his own shower. He attended her bachelorette party as the only male guest. He picked the menu. He decided on the cake flavor, even though everyone who tried his favorite hated it. He told me how to wear my hair (not curly because it''s not flattering to me). He is the king of the know-it-alls, and he is always, always right.

I am so glad they live across the country. I''m going to smile and straighten my cousin''s train and toast them (with plenty of champagne) at their wedding, but you can bet that I will never voluntarily encounter this groomzilla again.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
He sounds just charming. I wonder if his overbearing personality could really be confined just to wedding details, and I kind of doubt it...

ETA: Oh yeah, and I've never known a groomzilla. Most men I encounter seem to think the less they can be involved in the planning, the better. I do have a friend who's not yet engaged, but is dating a man who insists on having a big, fancy wedding with everyone he's ever met in attendance. That'll be interesting to watch.

tessari

Shiny_Rock
That groomzilla sounds like a real pest!

My FF is going to be a groomzilla for sure, but nothing like the guy you''re talking about. The wedding will be in May 2010 but he already insists on many things (my dress, colors, flowers, particular foods, etc.) and he''s being much more picky than I am. I definitely enjoy teasing him about it!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I can understand and even applaude a man who wants to get involved in their wedding, good on them I say. BUT! Attending her shower! Sheesh! Is this woman a doormat - shape up or ship out boy!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
He went to her bach party? But, let me guess, didn''t invite her to his?
20.gif
Yeesh, she''s marrying him why?!

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Sunny, my thoughts exactly!!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Know one, I am marrying one. Bless him he is so organised with all his spread sheets and stuff. Whenever we go to see our wedding planner she calls him Mr Budget. He is not overbearing on the decisions; that is all joint, but he is far more concerned with all the details than I am. In fact when we had our meeting with the cake lady a few weeks ago he got into full ''franc from father of the bride'' mode and I stopped him, looked at him earnestly and said ''are you sure you are not gay?''. I just want to go to sleep and then turn up on the day with everything done so I guess we are a good combination really

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well I often my guy a groomzilla. Just because I think he has some very set ideas sometimes. For example, he REALLY insisted that I get a mermaid dress. He was practically begging, even though I really hate my behind (it''s my worst feature). I did get one, but I told him it was a ballgown. Other then that, I haven''t made a decision without checking with him. And since he''s got NO sense of style sometimes he sticks on a particular idea and won`t let me think out of the box. But I think he trusts my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results