shape
carat
color
clarity

1 Gown 2 Gown, Red Gown, Blue Gown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Any of you know women who wore a non-traditional gown to their wedding? My grandma wore a turquoise suit. My mom wore a mini-dress (albeit, a white one).

Have any of you considered this?

Did anyone actually do this (e.g., wear a fab, but very non-bridal gown) and then later regret their ONE chance to wear the proper bride outfit?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My grandmother wore a navy suit for her wedding. The first time I saw the picture I was kind of taken aback, but my mother said it was very common back then--people just wore the nicest thing they had (often their "sunday best") regardless of the color.

I''m considering wearing burnt orange--my favorite color and the color I look best in. However, I''m a relatively young bride, this is my first marriage, etc. etc. so I''m thinking it would be smart to go the safer white route.

Also, if I wear burnt orange, I''d have to put my BMs in a different color I guess--but I do love the mental image of the white contrasting the orange. Maybe I''ll put my BMs in white. How''s that for non-traditional?
31.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Musey, I think that would be FANTASTIC! The bm''s in white (or cream?) and you in orange. Yes yes. That gets my vote.
36.gif

Do you think you''d actually do it?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be fun to get married an outrageous gown like the flowered one that comes up first on the Alexander McQueen homepage:

www.alexandermcqueen.com

Or the black and white one (look 13) with the bowler hat.

I don''t think I''d have the nerve. But how much FUN would that be!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
For our Vegas wedding ceremony, I wore a short white dress but it's not that non-traditional since it's still white. It was a very casual, fun ceremony for us and our friends. I wore a traditional wedding gown for our tea ceremony and receptions though.

Pic of us at Vegas wedding:
47b5ce39b3127cce8196f52caab900000005108QZtmzJwzce

BTW Musey, burnt orange and white would be great together. My BMs wore orange dresses, and it looks really good in pictures (if I do say so myself).

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 5:02:53 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Musey, I think that would be FANTASTIC! The bm''s in white (or cream?) and you in orange. Yes yes. That gets my vote.

Do you think you''d actually do it?
I don''t know... It sounds gorgeous to me, but then again, I can wear burnt orange for the rest of my life--how many excuses will I have to wear a full-length white gown?

I''m sure I''ll end up in ivory or some other permutation of white. But wouldn''t it be fun to be the one who did it differently?

hmmmmm.......

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Or you could look at it this way:

How many excuses will you have to wear a full length burnt orange gown....
3.gif

That''s different from just wearing, say, a burnt orange sweater, no?

And if it so happens that you''d have another excuse (like say, your first grammy? did you say you work in tv production?) you''d be all set.

36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My grandmother wore a suit. My MIL, who was married in the early 1950''s wore a beautiful knee length beige dress with cream colored lace accents (think dressed up June Cleaver). It was absolutely fabulous. She tried to give it to me a few months before we got married, but she didn''t realize that it was her wedding dress (she had Alzheimer''s). We pieced it together a few weeks prior to the wedding when DH found a picture of her and his father''s wedding to be framed four our reception as part of the decorations. If I had known earlier than I discovered it, I absolutely would have worn it, with her blessing of course. It would have fit wonderfully with our wedding, very small evening event, no dancing just cocktails and a 3 hour long dinner.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My grandmother wore her "Sunday clothes" as well. She would have wanted the traditional wedding and the white dress, but her family was very poor.

My dress will probably be sort of "untraditional". I haven''t bought it yet, but I''m pretty sure this is the one... The front is white, it''s full length with a train, etc., but the entire back is pale blue.

Bonny418mt-1.jpg

I love traditional things with a twist!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to wear light blue. I tried on dresses with blue trim, but I would have preferred a solid blue dress. That''s not what I ended up with, mostly because there aren''t many out there that didn''t look like princess/quinceanera dresses. When I told my sister she said "if you''d worn a blue dress I would have thought something was wrong with you." There''s not much about my wedding that''s especially traditional, but apparently that would have just been too much for some people to handle.

I still think it would have been lovely. Do what makes you smile!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hi Independant Gal!
Here are two pics of 2 of my friends, who had versions of what you''ve mentioned. The first was an island wedding, where she wore a gorgeous orange dress. The second pic is my GF who put her BMs in white (suit) and we wore yellow tank tops underneath for the ''party'' part afterwards. Enjoy!

islandweddingcropped.jpg

BrideBMscropped.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results