shape
carat
color
clarity

Ironing Boards

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know not everyone does a lot of ironing these days but I iron every week. My ironing board, which was given to me as a wedding shower gift 42 years ago! - finally rusted on the top. I ordered a new one with pretty good reviews from Amazon but it wobbles like no tomorrow!

Has anyone recently purchased or can someone recommend a good ironing board that doesn't wobble? I also prefer one with no iron holders or trays or things - just a decent ironing board that stays firmly on the floor? You wouldn't think this would be so hard to find but apparently they don't make them like they used to!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you still have your old ironing board, you could de-rust it and then have it re-painted or re-enameled!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have an ironing board with an integrated seat so it never wobbled because I was the ballast :lol: I gave it up in favour of a steam press, so much easier for ironing large items like sheets and duvet covers, as well as shirts, t shirts and jeans.

I just sit at my kitchen table to use it

0C65E9CF-9C10-42EA-9EA8-4E336925D8FE.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you still have your old ironing board, you could de-rust it and then have it re-painted or re-enameled!

I thought about that but it was almost rusted through in places - plus I was afraid if it was repainted, it would maybe transfer to the new ironing board cover. Still a thought though!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have an ironing board with an integrated seat so it never wobbled because I was the ballast :lol: I gave it up in favour of a steam press, so much easier for ironing large items like sheets and duvet covers, as well as shirts, t shirts and jeans.

An interesting twist on ironing - something to think about - thanks!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my husband did some adjustment to the feet and legs and for now the ironing board sits firmly and level on the floor. Let's hope it holds! I have looked through so many ironing boards online but so many of them mention the wobble in the reviews. Some could be due to shipping damage but I just don't think they are made as sturdy as they used to be.

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock

I second a steam press. It gets my dress shirts super crispy. Like dry cleaner crispy. Nothing better than a crisp white shirt with the creases just right.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if that fix your husband made doesn't work out if you might be able to find a vintage ironing board somewhere. It is so true that things are not made like they used to so I buy the old stuff and it lasts forever.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if that fix your husband made doesn't work out if you might be able to find a vintage ironing board somewhere. It is so true that things are not made like they used to so I buy the old stuff and it lasts forever.

Interesting that you say that. My old ironing board was a Proctor Silex and I saw a listing for a vintage Proctor Silex on ebay but it had been sold. The only negative I could say about that old board was that the table of it was more solid with just a few vent holes. I guess that's why it rusted so badly. Today's are metal mesh - more air in, less sturdy and less costly to make though!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second a steam press. It gets my dress shirts super crispy. Like dry cleaner crispy. Nothing better than a crisp white shirt with the creases just right.

These are very interesting and something I might look into. I love ironed clothes with knife edge creases and all!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After reading this, I'm actually embarrassed to say I haven't ironed anything since maybe the late 90's..... I don't think I can actually REMEMBER how to do it. I do use the refresh/steam function in my dryer (its so bomb.com!:mrgreen2:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results