shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your SO have a celebrity lookalike?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does your DH/DW/SO/Partner (whatever you call your beloved) have physical traits that remind you of a celebrity? Have they been compared to one (or more)?

What about YOU? Do you have a celebrity lookalike?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread @monarch64.:sun:

My DH IMO looks a bit like a mix of Robert Redford and Paul Newman. Of course, I am biased but others have also said that. Some say he looks somewhat like Kevin Costner. When people meet him they often say he reminds them of someone famous but not sure who. LOL.

more recent photo
gregcyclingdownshore.jpg

Graduate school
Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 5.17.30 AM.png

in the early 2000s
Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 5.18.13 AM.png

I don't think I look like anyone but some have said (when I was younger in my twenties/thirties) that I reminded them of Jami Gertz. I don't think so. With my platinum wig some have said I remind them of Lady Gaga. And when I was young with my short bangs I occasionally told I look like Cher.
Photo NYE 2000.(last time I had my bangs before growing them out).

missyandgregnewyearseve2000.jpeg

How about you Monnie? Who's your celebrity look alike?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
47EADFA4-282A-4736-9825-2861FA71C73C.jpeg
Not a doppelgänger to my husband, but others have mentioned the resemblance.
Sooooo- that’s my excuse for feeling the feels every time he pops up on HGTV or something.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mitt Romney. Only my DH has a better nose! :kiss2: My DD’S doppelgänger is Julia Roberts. Spitting image!
D69B29AB-19ED-4346-977A-A24B4D92390E.jpeg

Last edited:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ex when he wears his hair short is sometimes compared to this guy, which for whatever reason annoyed him (Ex is cuter though).
I've been compared to: some actress on all my children with a blonde bob (don't remember the name of actress), Martha Stewart when young, Tonya Harding, and Gwenyth Paltrow "from a distance" lol
upload_2019-3-19_13-19-41.jpeg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My husband (Korean decent) has been called the Asian Benjamin Bratt. He has a darker complexion and wavy hair, and is always ripped. Still works out 5 days a week, he is also always half naked in the summer. Even my teen kids' friends are impressed with his physique. Bratt.jpg Bratt 2.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quite a few people have told me that DH resembles Juan Diego Botto from "Good Behavior." I see it at times, skin tone, hair and eye color, and very angular. DH is better looking, and he's of German descent lol! :roll2:
156781_v9_bb.jpg Juan+Diego+Botto+JOVDZpU0Vdrm.jpg

ETA I just showed my daughter this pic and she said she thought it was DH at first glance, so I guess it's real.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH has been compared to Matt Bonner on more than one occasion. In fact, when he lived in San Antonio people used to joke he was Bonner’s younger brother.

D4D28539-6725-4CC8-8B09-90B8F45F6B93.jpeg 404B0976-60DA-4B89-8464-5385AEAED978.jpeg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So manny! I’ve heard from multiple sources, unpromped, that my double is either:

- Alan Tudyk (we once contemplated going to a firefly con to test this out...)
- Anthony Rapp (a woman at the photo counter wouldn’t hand over my passport photo because she was convinced I was him..)
- Steve Kerr (the coach of the warriors basketball team)

We also have a friend who looks quite a bit like me. When we’ve been together we have been mistaken for brothers!

Q

Queenie60

My husband resembles Mel Gibson.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I've been told through the years that I look quite like Never Campbell from the scream movies.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH doesn’t really bear any celebrity resemblance that I can think of, which is good because it saves me from accidentally calling him by that name at an ‘inopportune time’. :lol:

I’ve been told on several occasions that I could pass for Katherine Heigl. When her hair isn’t that super yellow/blond color ... I can see it in this pic.
5F50B98A-D5F8-4F1F-949A-BB351C88125E.jpeg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH looks quite a bit like Sam Elliott and people tell him that all the time. His hair is not quite as gray but getting there. And he has all of it. :lol:

samelliottgoatee.JPG

Sunnybopeep

Rough_Rock
My fiancé gets told that he looks like Freddie Highmore a lot. Not sure if that’s a compliment or not... I really only know him as “the Bates Motel guy” haha. I do think my fiancé is really nice looking, though.:oops2:

I don’t look like any celebrities (unlucky me)!

9DF461CC-DC60-43DD-BD6B-8649B785B858.jpeg DA4E2845-44B6-4689-A0A5-3F767330913A.jpeg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband (Korean decent) has been called the Asian Benjamin Bratt. He has a darker complexion and wavy hair, and is always ripped. Still works out 5 days a week, he is also always half naked in the summer. Even my teen kids' friends are impressed with his physique. Bratt.jpg Bratt 2.jpg
Your husband can walk around shirtless near me any time he wants lol
Don't worry I can smell the coffee without needing to drink it

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
This will surely date me, but I've always had a thing for Micheal Caine, esp in the original Alfie. Physically , yes, I like guys with dark blond wavy hair. ..but it's his mannerisms, his quiet confidence, never boisterous nor rude, but a man of intelligence and wit, who chooses his words carefully. When my husband and I were dating, these same characteristics were what really attracted me (and that dark blond wavy hair. ..). So, to me, my DH is a Micheal Caine type. 20190320_163250.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been told on several occasions that I could pass for Katherine Heigl. When her hair isn’t that super yellow/blond color ... I can see it in this pic.
5F50B98A-D5F8-4F1F-949A-BB351C88125E.jpeg
Didn't know you were that young. Are you available tonight?
player.gif
. We can talk politics. :lol:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, Tom Selleck. He was called that at work for years. He is not as broad and has better hair but he rocks the mustache.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EEAFF856-78C2-4867-99B5-300D8223E083.jpeg People think hubby can pass for Patrick Stewart and he dresses like captain Picard for Halloween.

fenestrate

Rough_Rock
Premium
Didn't know you were that young. Are you available tonight?
player.gif
. We can talk politics. :lol:

I know you have form for this and expect you will say it is all in good fun. However, this is horribly inappropriate thing to say to any woman, let alone a newly engaged 24 year old new to the forums

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you have form for this and expect you will say it is all in good fun. However, this is horribly inappropriate thing to say to any woman, let alone a newly engaged 24 year old new to the forums

He was joking with @the_mother_thing and not @Sunnybopeep
And you know, not to defend any sort of unreasonable or predatory behavior AT ALL, this is just DF’s sense of humour & we all know to take him with a pinch of salt. He’s a complete gentleman.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was joking with @the_mother_thing and not @Sunnybopeep
And you know, not to defend any sort of unreasonable or predatory behavior AT ALL, this is just DF’s sense of humour & we all know to take him with a pinch of salt. He’s a complete gentleman.

Exactly ... it was a harmless ‘inside’ joke.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
My beau doesnt really look like anyone, but he sure is a handsome man! Ive watched him grow into one also, he just turned 30 yesterday! Hes blonde and blue/green/grey eyed and enjoys working out. Very fair complexion. His parents and siblings have all kept their natural blonde hair which I dont see too often. Usually it darkens and turns into a beautiful steely darker blonde or light brown but his family are all toe heads.

I got hit on by a 19 year old boy the other day at the drive through starbucks and he said that i look like "Anastasia" from, 50 Shades of Grey. I chuckled a little but also cringed as he was so forward. When he saw my name he even exclaimed, "Wow, even your names are alike". When I left I also thought to myself, That that kid had some huevos as he had to have seen the car seat behind me!
8f46dd66322ca76136755d5d33c4e84d.jpg

Ive also been told my entire life since the movie came out, and I still get told, that I look like "Violet" from, A Series of Unfortunate Events.
I personally think that we looked like twins or sisters at age 12 when my face was completely round and also when we were both under 20 years old.
Now not as much (although I still get it), as her face stayed rounded out and mine elongated and became oval.

Her when we looked eerily similar,
Tumblr_m8gkvhqIST1rck6sjo11_500.jpg
And the last time we looked alike,
77d382aa8c02583471f274aca351bddb.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results