shape
carat
color
clarity

The Trump Policy of Separating Families at the US Border

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've called my senators and rep numerous times since our pig in chief took office. Don't worry @Calliecake, I am never that nice. I called Ted Cruz a spineless coward when his clerk said he has no official statement on the immigration policy. These people are yucky.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So distorted too. How he eggagerates a one sided understanding for the purpose of fear mongering. My aunt lives in Germany. She has a Syrian teenager living with her. He has been selected via education to become an oncologist. Education is free, and he will be able to provide for others. He will not be living off the system. They can afford free health care and education, childcare. People work and pay into taxes, which is efficiently used for these things with minimal corruption. These are the other stories which of course we never hear about.

IIRC (and I am very probably wrong!!) Germany might well want some immigration - I seem to remember that they have one of the most generous social care systems in the world but a shrinking percentage of the population to pay for it!

Immigration can bring benefits (for all parties involved) but xenophobia and fear of change are sadly still strong emotional drivers of human decision-making.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And these children are in danger. A 4 year old girl separated from her family was sexually assaulted by law enforcement in Texas. Trump voters and supporters, hope you're proud. Did you get what you wanted? Is America great now?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Department of Homeland Security just stated they don’t apologize for separating families. Kamala Harris is calling for Kristjen Nielsen to resign.

You are not alone @ceg . I had never contacted a state senator or representative until Trump took office.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kamala Harris is calling for Kristjen Nielsen to resign.
We should be calling for trump's removal -- voluntary or involuntary -- from office also. I wish we had an easier mechanism for recalling an incompetent president. Nielsen is a lackey. The problem is trump.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And these children are in danger. A 4 year old girl separated from her family was sexually assaulted by law enforcement in Texas. Trump voters and supporters, hope you're proud. Did you get what you wanted? Is America great now?

I don't believe the child was separated from her family. The deputy was the boyfriend of the child's mother who was undocumented. When the mother found out, he threatened to turn her in to immigration. Scumbag!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's taken the step from immoral to evil.

@ceg - trump is taking direction on this from Stephen Miller - one of the most ill, damaged and toxic people ever to walk the halls of government.

He's a sick, angry man estranged from his own family, and this policy is coming from him. Acting out much, Stephen?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@ceg
- trump is taking direction on this from Stephen Miller - one of the most ill, damaged and toxic people ever to walk the halls of government.

He's a sick, angry man estranged from his own family, and this policy is coming from him. Acting out much, Stephen?

Stephen Miller has always reminded me of Goebbels. I can never look at him without seeing Goebbels. He looks ready to fill the extermination camps. He just has that look.

JosephGoebbels.jpg StephenMiller.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just heard the tape released of the babies wailing in the detention center. Reporters are betting it will not stop Trump who was elected by "playing to his base" and who has, since elected, cared only about pleasing it. We have to have a winning strategy for 2020, and, preferably for 2018.

Some of my thoughts are now coming together around this crisis. Democrats have been warned that they cannot just run against Trump, that they have to run for something.

It is clear to me that now I want some changes. I wonder if the Democratic Party can be positive and encourage a return to things that i have lost under Trump: The Constitution; The Statue of Liberty; an accepting America; an America where every child studies civics so that he can learn about the Constitution and the rule of law; a land of equality for all where black lives matter and the lives of children in schools and on the streets matter. I would also like my clean water and air back, please. And I would like to cool off the planet. And make the workplace harder for business owners and safer for workers.

Deb :))

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heartless
Beneath contempt
Worse than pathetic

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Department of Homeland Security, Kristjen Nielsen said separating families is NOT child abuse. She strongly defended this policy (she kept calling a it law, which is a lie). She repeatedly called on Congress to fix this. The photos and videos we have seen of children crying and in cages is not child abuse according to Kristjen Nielsen.

Reporters asked where the girls are being held. Many photos have been release of young boys but no photos have been released of where these young girls are being held. She couldn’t answer where the girls are being held.

Sarah Sanders said this administration will NOT support stand alone legislation. The republicans are using these children as political pawns. The republicans don’t want a simple solution.

Didn’t we bomb Syria because they were hurting and killing children? How are we any different? This policy is torture as it is designed to cause severe mental suffering on these families.

58% of Republicans support this policy.

I’m ashamed to be an American.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, she is not in chains. She is free to leave whenever she wants. Being in the public eye would help such a cause. She wants to stay.
Since when is the Trump's private lives any of our business? :wall:. Like what happened with B. Clinton and Monica is none of our businesses, it is between him and his wife Hillary.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since when is the Trump's private lives any of our business? :wall:. Like what happened with B. Clinton and Monica is none of our businesses, it is between him and his wife Hillary.
Umm, M is the First Lady RIGHT NOW, who made a fickle, public statement about a terrible situation....that makes it our business. This is about children getting taken, not sex. If it were just about sex, ( without any illegal acts involved) , who cares? Oh, but the Repulicans made a BIG deal about Clinton, didn’t they?

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

We have a prostitute as first lady and not an honorable one.
Never thought any left winger could stoop so low by calling the first lady a prostitute. :rolleyes:, so you hate her husband, but to call her a prostitute? :knockout::nono:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Trump family are a family of scum. Quit insulting prostitutes.

Melania, Ivanka and Lara are “Fake Mothers”

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People keep saying that the children are "pawns", but sometimes do use the phrase that they have been "kidnapped" by Trump. That is exactly the case. Why is no one using the real word for what they are: hostages? Trump wants a hostage negotiator called in. He has, indeed, kidnapped the children. He is hiding the babies, the small boys, and all of the girls. He is hiding the cages and the real living conditions. One mother interviewed was actually told that she was going to be sent home to Central America and that her child, whom she had not seen, would be kept in the United States! The children are hostages. They are being held by Trump until his stupid wall is built!

AGBF

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be a bad idea to give in now, for the sole reason that In doing so, he will most certainly feel empowered to try use Increasingly maniacal and cruel strong arm tactics to get what he wants as a strategy. It will soar in magnitudes greater along with his false self ego. It will not end against immigrants and children even after a Wall. There’s no going back once a new level of grandiosity has been set. That’s my prediction. He must be ‘contained’ as much as possible now. And we must push to get these kids out of detention! I believe he WILL buckle if people stay strong, make enough noise, and RIDICULE him. Because the one thing narcissists cannot stand is humiliation. That is one thing we can use against him. ( it’s no wonder that cartoonists who did so we’re fired!)

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One mother interviewed was actually told that she was going to be sent home to Central America and that her child, whom she had not seen, would be kept in the United States!
AGBF
The US should give them an option to take their child home then there would be no separation b/t parent and child.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is Ivanka in all of this? I thought she was to be the voice of reason. Must she remain silent in times of depravity? Does she have a voice? Does her love for money trump any sense of morality or basic human decency? Are her millions not enough to allow her to separate from her father? Or does she need more to survive in this life?

I did not listen to the tapes. I cannot watch the news for more than 5 minutes. Yet still, I know what is happening in my country. A wave of grief came over me this morning on my drive into work. It was as if I was being separated from my own. I had to call my husband to talk me through it. That wave has passed, for me. I could not imagine the grief these parents must be experiencing.

Sad days for America. Sadder days are coming, I worry.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Loves Vintage
"Does her love for money trump any sense of morality or basic human decency? "

Yes. That nails it. These people have sold their soul for money and power. An all powerful "God" named greed has taken them, similar to any other addiction. I really don't think Trump is doing anything except playing to his base and his own addiction. Keeping the base in his camp ensures his survival. It is all so disgusting. To think that Trump gives a shit about some rednecks who are frustrated with American is laughable. And they are so unbelievably stupid they fell for it. He just latched on to a Machiavellian bridge to feed his addiction. It turns my stomach.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I agree that not allowing a wall would strengthen the dilusional identification of martyrdom amongst his base, I think allowing it would be far, far worse.

JulietteFR

Rough_Rock
Premium
Godwin's Law invoked by Post 13 - we're doing well :D lol

But being serious, the reasoning for the action needs to be clear (and valid), otherwise how can such action be defensible?

I can appreciate that no country wants to be overwhelmed by a flood of immigration that requires direct and indirect financial support, and all the faff that comes with locating and settling a growing population, but I don't believe that all immigrants are just looking to go to another country to sponge off the system and/or commit criminal activity. Some are, of course, but then there are plenty of people born in any given country that seem to think they should live off others for free. I think most people want to be economically active and create a good life for themselves and their family!

Anyone who feels the need to escape their country for another in order to make their lives better has my sympathies. I would hope that if for any reason I ever felt the same, I would be welcomed and given the opportunity to prove my worth and integrate into the community. (And I would hope that people across the world actually wish to carry out good deeds to make their own life and the lives of others better - I don't understand the criminal mentality, but I do appreciate that there must be reasons behind it that need addressing.)

I can expect anything from Trump, about his supporters I can not say much- just God bless them. This is in humane. I come from a third world country (I am legal here) and I love my country, but if I had a child I would do anything to take them out of the insecurity and poverty we face day by day. We think that by coming here we will leave the corruption and violence that surrounded us 24/7 because this is a first world potency - because here you could take for granted your rights are gonna be respected, what’s going on USA?? It’s sad, but we have to speak up, and I thank everyone for doing it here!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
93A38EC0-B4D9-45C2-B786-2274045AEBA1.jpeg
This is the dictator who has children whose parents were seeking LEGAL asylum locked in cages ( literally 4 walled cages ) . Rep stewart says he thinks they should get tracking bracelets:angryfire:
People are not bugs and they do not infest any country. Trump is gaslighting the US
I wonder if trumps tweet sounded less abhorrent in the original german. :cry2: I only wish I was being melodramatic about how this is exactly how hitler started when he convinced people to allow those camps.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I like two points, amongst others, that deserve strong consideration. Refer to these children as kidnapped, which they were by Trump. The other is that unfortunately Dems would look weak and embolden Trump in the future. We must deal with this issue on its own terms and stand alone.

Shameful, Shameful.

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results