carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday morning kids!

Curby, dd your cleaning lady show up yesterday? I fantasize about having one in this place but I don't know how practical it is. A friend of mine owns a Molly Maids franchise and he used my bathrooms as "practice" for his people when he first started up. They sprayed stuff way up high on the tile walls of the shower that left spots and I had to climb up on a ladder with a scrubby sponge to get it off. They also won't go up more than two steps on a step ladder so they won't clean the giant bookcase or the windows that START six feet off the ground. I'm also afraid of them running the vacuum into the wooden legs of my crazy expensive Montauk sofas. So long story short, by the time you get done listing out the stuff they won't do along with the stuff I'm afraid they'll do badly I might as well just do it myself!

The party Friday night was great! We had perfect weather -- it was 70ish in the day and in the 60s at night (as opposed to the first year I did the party in this parking lot when it was 40 degrees and spitting icy rain, or the next two years when it was in the 50th and we were all filled our pockets with hand warmers!). I ordered WAY too much food and begged people to take home whole subs at the end of the night. Fortunately it got done pretty early and we were all cleaned up and in bed by 11 or so.

Yesterday we came over to the boathouse. I stopped in a town in Indiana about mid-way between my house and the boathouse and dropped off some purses for the cow bag lady at a store that was going to have a trunk show. Then we went to a "arts and craft fair" and the local high school. There was lots of "craft" but pretty much no "art" as far as I could tell, LOL. Then we went a few towns over and had lunch at a place we hadn't been to before. The CB had a chicken pot pie and I had mac and cheese with BBQ pulled pork on top. :lickout: We will totally be going back there! Then we pretty much did nothing for the rest of the day.

Today I think we'll head back to the city early because I want to clean out the utility closet. Doing the clothes closet last weekend has motivated me!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, your giant pumpkin looks great. I immediately wondered how many times I’d cut myself trying to carve something like that? The basic triangle eyes and nose are about my speed and I’m not confident I wouldn’t have an accident or 10 doing that.

My cleaning lady did show up on time this morning. This is the original sister of the 2 of them and she is late sometimes but has always showed up. I totally get your concerns about having the cleaning service come in. I think our cleaning lady has done more damage to our house than we have - nicks in the floor boards, doors, door casing, etc. I do really like having it cleaned on a regular basis though.

That is awesome the pumpkin party went so well and good deal the weather cooperated. It sounds fun.

That’s nice you found a good restaurant near the boathouse that is worth visiting again. I wish we had a selection of decent restaurants here.

Our weekend was busy. Friday night was our astronomy meeting. My presentation on what you can see in different forms or radiation was well received and generated quite a few questions and discussions. Then Marty pulled up some pictures of the eclipse so we were there several hours. Afterwards a few of us went out to eat.

Yesterday we went to breakfast, picked up groceries, visit the Hallmark store and then did chores around the house. Today we went to breakfast again and then drove around town. Marty continues to look for another place for his gym. He did meet with a potential client but so far he hasn’t heard back from him. I’ve been working on washing linens and bedding again today. I also got Halloween cards send to our families and got a birthday card ready to send to my best friend from grade school through high school. It’s early November and I always forget since it is at the beginning of the month so I thought I’ll get it sent with Halloween cards.

I am making mini meatloaves for supper with mashed potatoes and raw veggies. I am starving. I ordered French toast for breakfast and it was awful; very mushy. I hardly ate any of it. Lunch was leftover pizza so I need a decent meal. Cookies didn’t count or fill me up.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy rainy Monday kids!

Curby, I'm with you -- I'm not getting anywhere near the pumpkin cutting process! I'm glad you mentioned sending cards BTW because my "adopted" mom's birthday is on Halloween and I bought the card a while ago but would have totally forgotten to put it in the mail!

Yesterday I did indeed clean out the storage closet. It involved two trips to the Salvation Army and also an assessment of the Christmas presents I've gotten so far this year because I tend to buy things and throw them in that closet so by October I have no idea what's really in there!

I also remembered that I needed to order filters for the refrigerator/freezer. I took out the one that's in there, got the part number, ordered some more, and put the filter down on the counter. This morning when I got to work I called the CB to remind him to do something and he said, "Oh, there was water all over the kitchen floor this morning." ??? Well the only thing that changed was that I didn't put the filter back in last night, so I asked him if he did that. He said, "No, I just cleaned up the water, but the filter is sitting right there on the counter." No kidding. So I had to come home from my office to put it back in so it wouldn't leak all of over the damn floor the whole day that I'm at work. So THAT is how my day started!!!

And it's raining like mad here, so by the time I got to work (both the FIRST time and the SECOND time, LOL) I was drenched. Ugh.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad I reminded you to send your adopted mom her birthday card. I usually get my FIL's card in the mail late - way to impress him, huh? His B-day is March 3 and February is a short month so I don't think of it in time.

Good deal cleaning out your storage closet and assessing what Christmas presents you've purchased so far I do the same thing; then tend to over buy at Christmas.:roll2:

Oh no to getting water all over the floor from the water filter you removed. Our refrigerator doesn't give you any warning the filter needs replaced soon - just all of a sudden you can't get ice or water. I started ordering a new one the day we replace the filter. Which reminds me I should have Marty check on the filter in the frig downstairs. That's our backup for ice.

Darn that it was raining hard there this morning. We had little sleet this morning but it quit by about 9. The wind continues to blow. Our lows tonight will be in the 20's. I am trying to suck it up and live with the heat at a lower temperature but so far I'm not enjoying it. Maybe once my Snoopy flannel sheet blanket shows up I'll enjoy it more.

Not much exciting with me today. Work was busy so it zipped by. I baked some leftovers in the oven for supper while I did Marty's dishes for the day and just watched TV tonight. Our cell phone bill went down. I'm not complaining mind you but they changed the plan we are on; we have more data usage but I didn't check what else changed. I bet we lost our hot spots since they have you pay for them now. I don't mind but Marty will need it when he travels. I need to paint my nails again but I have a few bad dry skin splits right by my nails and I don't relish using nail polish remover on those spots. I tried that Essie gel top coat over Orly and it lasted easily 5 days. Very cool.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy rainy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I know what you mean about not wanting to do your nails with the sensitive skin. I end up with a lot of paper cuts and I always hate during mine then!

Last night I didn't do much of anything except look for xmas gift ideas on the internet. I think I'm in pretty good shape though, so the ordering is in full force! My dad and his wife are always late to the game and I usually don't get their ideas until November, but I guess it is what it is with them...

This morning I dropped my car off for an oil change. It was due (overdue really!) and yesterday when I was driving home the "Main Required" light popped on. I'm hoping the oil change will take car of that because I'm not excited about paying a bunch of $ toward my car right now.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, how is your pumpkin holding up?

I did take off my nail polish tonight. It was looking pretty tacky. Paper cuts and acetone definitely are not a good combination. Knives, paper, dry skin - they all get our attention. Those little cuts and splits are by and under my right thumb and first index finger. I put up lobster claw clasp bracelets and pendants. It's impossible to put them on or take them off without splitting those little cuts open again.

When we bought gifts for my entire family I always tried to be done shopping by now too. I hated to wait until the last minute. Now we don't have to buy so many presents so I just pick up things when I see them. Sorry your dad and his wife are hard to buy for; we just send Marty's parents a check. I know that's the easy way out but it works for them.

I was thinking I needed another oil change too. I hope your maintenance light went out after the oil change.

We went to supper at Olive Garden tonight. I haven't been there for probably 3 months. I had a glass of wine and a tour of Italy. I cut the small piece of chicken in half, ate the noodles Alfredo and saved the lasagna for lunch tomorrow.

I have another retinal exam in the morning. I keep getting little lumps along my eye lid. I wonder if it's from the eye drops? I also occasionally get a small pain or feel pressure in that eye too. Joy.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy finally-stopped-raining Wednesday kids!

Curby, I wish I could get my family to just stop with the xmas stuff already, but it will never happen. The oil change wasn't as bad as it sometimes is -- they just up-sold me for one $20 air filter. What am I gonna do... argue?!

Last night I went on a another returning mission out in the 'burgs, taking stuff back to Ikea, Macys, Old Navy and At Home. The inspiration was that I had a really large piece of trim in the back of the car that was so long it extended between the two seats and was a real PITA when turning the steering wheel, LOL, so since I was out there I just took care of everything else at the same time. I got home a bit after nine, at some leftovers, and went to bed. All that returning wears a girl out!

Today I need to get a ton of stuff done at my office, and then I have a haircut at 7:30. I don't really have anything planned for tomorrow or Friday but I think I might go to the cow bag lady's place and help her a bit because she needs to build up a LOT of inventory for an upcoming show. I can't make the bags obviously, but I can do other useful stuff to free up her time so SHE can make the bags. I also need to do some house cleaning, specifically mopping the floor, but we'll see how my motivation on that front goes!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, glad to hear it finally stopped raining.

Good deal your oil change wasn't as bad as it is sometimes. You can't argue with a $20 air filter.

Returning a bunch of things is not as fun as shopping. Especially if you have to stand in line.

You have a lot of plans and options for Thursday and Friday. I am contemplating taking off Friday but it's just because it sounds ways more pleasant than working. :bigsmile:

My retinal exam went okay this morning. He thinks my retina is slightly better. Comparing my images I think it's going backwards but I'm not an expert. My vision has improved slight though and I do agree with that. I told him I'm having occasional minor pain in that eye and been getting gunk on my eye and eyelid. He suggested I throw out the rest of the bottle of eye drops I've been using. I am still using the first bottle and the drops are pretty thick. He said maybe add some drops from the new bottle but I'm just going to throw it away.

Our bill pay hasn't been working for 2 days so I call our bank today and they won't tell me anything because I'm not the primary on the account and not listed as a secondary with bill pay. :wall: All I wanted to know what is bill pay down? If not, can you see my payee list? She wouldn't tell me squat. So I tell Marty to call in and that just aggravated me more because he got cranky and of course bill pay worked for him.

I picked up 6 donut holes after my eye doctor appointment and then wanted sugar the rest of the day. They were sure tasty.

Getting closer to the weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, isn't it amazing that the bank won't talk to you about bill pay, but I'm sure they would certainly accept a deposit from you on the same account! I"m glad to hear your vision is a bit improved, and I agree about throwing out the old bottle of drops and using the new one.

Last night I got my hair cut and then ran into one of my neighbors in the parking lot on the way back home so I talked to him for a while. I got in bed early but stayed up late finishing a book. It was pretty disjointed. There was a story in the first half that made sense and was easy to follow, but in the second half it tried to tell the history of what went on that led up to the story in the second half and I could never really figure out who was who. Plus the style changed and became pretty choppy. I thought about abandoning it pretty late in, but I only had about 25 pages left so I plowed through.

I am giving myself another 15 minutes to cruise the internet... and then I am getting UP, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Marty always finds it funny when people won't talk to me when our account is in his name. I am not amused. You are so right the bank accepts money from me but sure won't answer a simple question. I was able to use bill pay tonight so I guess whatever the issue was has been resolved. I noticed the eye drop last night kind of made my face tingle and itch again which convinced me I should have thrown out the other bottle weeks ago. I swear I thought those extra wavy lines were less intense today.

I hate that when a book is disjointed. I am on the last book by W.E.B. Griffin and I just can't get in to it. I read a chapter now and then and move on to another book. Then go back and can't remember too well what happened. I have enjoyed most of his books. I am determined to finish it sometime. Maybe I'll give it another shot this weekend.

Winter knocked on our door today and Wyoming let it in. It was supposed to get in to the low 40's so I decided I'd still wear a polar fleece jacket. Bad idea. The wind went right through my jacket. We had light snow off and on but no accumulation. I met a friend for lunch today and we were getting ready to leave. She pulls out her keys and says "I may not have a Porsche but I can start my car from here." I called her a name that started with a B and sure got the attention of the lady sitting by us. :lol:

Marty said he wasn't cooking anything on the grill for supper either. At least it is warming up a little bit this weekend.

I tried a darker shade of Orly last night and used the Essie gel top coat. I'll be impressed if my polish makes it through Monday.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I know you wrote the word "winter" in your post but I'm going to pretend I didn't see it! And I channeled you today and went outside to deal with a lock problem on one of the building doors with just a t-shirt and fleece over it. Not warm enough for that here either!

Yesterday I spent ALL DAY with the cow bag lady. I was so exhausted by 7 o'clock that I practically had to crawl to my car to drive home, ha ha. At least we got a lot done, although it was in large part administrative stuff for a big upcoming event. That counts though!

Today I had a terrible headache when I woke up. I drank a cup of coffee and dozed then for another hour or so. It's a little better, but definitely not gone. Maybe I'll attempt a nap here soon...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, just ignore that "w" word in my previous post. From what I understand it was pretty darned cold there today. Marty got in to town this afternoon. He competition is tomorrow afternoon. He said the wind was brutal.

That was so nice of you to channel me today and you had the same result I did with fleece and wind. I know Land's End polar fleece are supposed to have wind block in them; I don't think it worked well for me.

Glad you and the cow bag lady got a lot done yesterday. I hope the upcoming big event goes well.

Oh no to waking up with a terrible headache. I hope you are better now.

Marty got up about 4. Naturally I tried to avoid getting up but once I'm awake I need to visit the little PS room. Marty had the lights on everywhere and once I see light I'm not going back to sleep. I tried to get back to sleep but it didn't happen. It was a long day at work. I wanted to dig out my lap blanket and take a nap.

My Snoopy stuff showed up. I washed the towels and flannel sheet blanket (basically a flat sheet) and put that on our bed. I think I'll wash our flannel sheets tomorrow and just have 2 top flannel sheets plus the blanket. Marty will be kicking it all off but I'll be warm. Most of what I ordered was for Christmas so I put it up and didn't play with it.

It was still chilly here today and I wore my fleece again. At least it wasn't bad when I got off work at 5.

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, your lap blanket reminded me that I was on some site the other day and they have a heated shrug that I'm tempted to get for my office, LOL. My fear is that I WOULD fall asleep in there all cozy and warm after a big lunch!

We decided not to go to the boathouse this weekend because the CB's plantar fasciatis (sp?) is flared up. I put three things on my To Do list -- doing my nails, mopping the floor, and catching up on accounting for the cow bag lady and the shoe lady. So far my nails are done, ha ha! Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

I need to thing of one more thing to tell my Dad I want for xmas. I'd like a new pair of fleece lined rubber boots, but that's really the kind of thing you want to try on yourself. I could always suggest a store that they have where they live and I have here too, but I've searched the logical places (Macy's, e.g.) and I'm not finding anything. Hmmm... this is turning out to be harder than I thought!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, a heated shrug sounds pretty sweet. I'm with you though; I'd get toasty warm and fall asleep.

You are making progress on your list. I think I'll have to do my nails tomorrow. Overall though they look pretty good for a darker color and being 3 days old. I got laundry done and got my November newsletter done. I might work on some eclipse photo collages later.

Tell CB I hope his PF is feeling better. I hear that can be very miserable.

Fleece lined rubber boots sound like a necessity for your area. Maybe you can find a name brand you like and get that info to your dad?

Marty did well in his strength competition today. It was pretty much all day and he was going to bed early tonight so I watched his videos on FB and will talk to him more tomorrow. He said he was going to bed because he was beat.

I went out for lunch today and thought of going to Simply Mac to have them check my computer but decided they probably would say my laptop is fine. It seems to burn through the battery quicker than before. I am trying Safari for a while to see if that makes a difference.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Messing with eclipse photos today. This is my favorite. I even ordered Marty a black coffee mug with this on it.

eclipse3.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, those are great photos! I'm sure Marty is going to love his mug! It sounds like he's working pretty hard at his competition, and I'm glad his sister was able to join him. If he needs anything through, I'm just a phone call away!

Today we went to brunch and ate way too much. For such a nice place though, their coffee is truly bad. I've never been able to figure that out... The afternoon project has involved mopping the floor. I'm alllllmost done. I need a couuple of spots to dry to so I can put the stuff back down (rugs, a few items of furniture) and then hand vacuum the two cowhide rugs under the coffee tables, and that is pretty much it. Currently taking a small prosecco break for a few minutes though; I'm tired!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I think those eclipse mugs will turn out great. My friend got some great photos of the eclipse. It was kind of funny I put some of the collages together but wasn't sure on the order so I emailed him to see if the order was right. He said I'll check later and let you know. Then at about the same time we emailed each other and said "duh the pictures are numbered".

Marty had a blast at this competition. He showed me all of his videos tonight. I guess it was streaming live online so I could have watched it yesterday. Now he tells me.

That's kind of odd a nice restaurant would have bad coffee. That means you should drink alcohol instead. :lol:

From the sounds of it your place is pretty big so mopping the floors would be quite a chore. Our main floor is over 2100 sq. feet and the basement if maybe 60% finished. After doing all our floors once is when I decided to hire a maid.

I think I figured out what was slowing down my Mac. A few weeks ago I must have someone downloaded some type of virus or spamware called Mac Cleaner. I found info on the Apple website how to delete it and it took me to Firefox and asked me - are you sure you want to delete this program? The next time I opened Firefox it had made their web page my homepage. Marty said that was a total d**k move. Jerks.

Here is another eclipse strip.
Eclipse6.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday morning kids!

Curby, I'm glad Marty enjoyed the event so much! And LOL on drinking alcohol instead of the bad coffee -- I WOULD have ordered a bellini if they'd ever come back to ask! Sunday they do a buffet and by the time someone did come over we were half way through eating so I figured why bother at that point. I made up for it later, ha ha! And I'm so proud of myself for getting those damn floors done yesterday! I also dusted the booze cabinet (including all the bottles), dusted on top of the ductwork (which I usually forget to do until AFTER I've mopped the floor, and obviously you want to do that BEFORE you mop the floor!), and even tried to dust a bit under the fridge and stove. I need to devise a better tool for that though because even the skinniest of the sweeper things does't go under there. Maybe a coat hanger with a rag taped on it...? Yet to be determined. I was pretty sore when I was done and I thought my back might hurt a bit this morning, but so far so good (well 95% anyway -- the other 5% is just because I'm old!).

I need to do a ton of work today. Off to put my nose to the grindstone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, don't you hate that when you want a drink and they never come by and ask you if you want something? Good deal you made up for it later. Ha! They should make a brush that goes under the frig and stove. I was mortified when we got a new stove what it looked like under our old stove. We'd probably been in that house about 12 year then. Good deal your back appears to be find today from all that hard work.

My computer continues to be working fine again. Stupid spam crap.

Marty isn't working out for a few days so I lost control of the remote tonight. Darn. He is heading to LA on Sunday.

Off to finish the dishes.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Halloween kids!

Curby, my first thought when I shined the flashlight under the fridge and stove was... "Is my floor growing hair...???" But alas, it was just fuzzy dust, hahahahaha!

Last night I spent a bunch of time playing around on some business card website. I've decided I need generic cards with just my name, phone and email because more and more people are asking me since I'm doing the business consulting thing. My inclination was first to go square, but then I found these "mini" cards that are the same length as regular business cards but like half the height. The CB said when he gets biz cards that are anything but the standard size they just annoy him though. What do you think? Should I go "normal" or try something a little bit interesting? The minis that I'm leaning toward also have the backs printed in different colors and patterns, so I can get the same fronts with the words and then several different backs mixed in. If the system will let me I'll try to send you a link by email because I'm sure this is making no sense, LOL.

OK, off to have a big meeting with my boss with the goal of wrapping up the annual review write-up. Let's hope there's no bloodshed -- on either side!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

Dee Jay, furry floor. Ha Ha. They need one of those little robots that can clean under things like that.

I like the idea of a different sized business card because it would stand out in people's mind but I worry one that small would get lost. I tend to stick them in the front pocket of my purse and it would just sink to the bottom with my tissues and coupons. Do send me a link and I'll check them out.

I hope there was not blood shed in wrapping up the annual review.

We handed out a lot of candy tonight. The last few kids got one piece because we were running out by 7:30. We saw some cute kids though. This one batch of about 5 year old girls must have been hitting the candy before going out because they were loud and giggly. It was pretty cute.

Work was typical. Darn. I should make up an employee behavior bingo card and see how long it takes me to get a blackout. I'm seriously thinking of taking off Friday. Marty will still be in town so I could make him take me out for lunch. Ha!

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, wow, you had a lot of trick or treaters! You may be right about the small cards... ugh. I ordered them and I had a big coupon so they only cost me $17 (including shipping). If I don't like them I can always get something different.

Last night I did a little bit of accounting/planning for the month for the boutique lady. Cash is tight, but I'm hopeful since she's got a bunch of upcoming events (things sponsored by the local Chamber of Commerce like local shopping nights, and private parties) and there will be some really good sales day in November.

I'm having a small fantasy about selling my unit and moving into an apartment somewhere. I even responded to two people yesterday who put out feelers for properties on our internal agent site. I swear, if I got the right number I'd be calling movers so fast! The poor CB doesn't know anything about this BTW. Bet he'd be surprised if I cam home and said, Hi honey -- we're moving!

Today I need to keep working on updating the annual review document that came out of yesterday's meeting, and I've got Big Brothers/Big Sisters tonight. We were supposed to bring pictures from our high school and college years. Boy did I have some HUGE hair! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, $17 isn't bad if you decide you don't like the small business cards. I print up business cards, brochures and inserts for my sister's doll clothes business and one of her cards is a regular business card she folds in half. It works well with her Barbie clothes.

I hope sales for the boutique lady go well in November. The Christmas shopping season is getting close.

I'm with you - if you get the right offer on your place why not move? Surprise CB!

Okay I am chucking while picturing you with huge hair. I have a junior high school picture with teased hair, tight curls on the end and black cats eye glasses complete with rhinestones. Glad social media wasn't around in those days.

It was crazy windy here today. Marty said our backyard is full of trash. Marty had to go cash down our trash can and since it was one of 3 in a clump he isn't sure he brought home the right one. My side effect from the high wind is a terrible sinus headache. The back of my head feels so bad it's hurting my neck.

I guess Marty is having a poker night this weekend. I don't play; I'm too cheap to lose that much money.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4788.JPG

Just for you Curby!

Something sticky got on this pic and now it looks like I've got something in my teeth, haha.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome picture Dee Jay.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, Look at that HAIR, LOL! And I'm with you on being glad about not having social media back then, especially in college when I did some "questionable" things and I certainly wouldn't want recorded for posterity, ha ha.

Yesterday after BBBS I went back up to my office and worked on my big document until about 7:30. It's like the gift that keeps on giving -- the more I do the more I HAVE to do. Ugh. Some days I wish my boss would just fire me and put me out of my misery!

Today the cow bag lady and I are going two hours north to a place in Wisconsin that has some hides for her to look at. I really hope she finds a bunch that she wants so she can make up a big batch of new stuff going into the busy winter season. There is a big show at the Merchandise Mart in early December where she sold a TON of stuff last year (and that's also where I met her) and I bet she does even better this year. I'm going to help her with her booth and I've given out a lot of free passes to the event so I think we'll have big traffic through.

OK, off to get ready for my adventure. Moooooo....!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes our hair do's of years ago were something. I am with you that it's a good thing social media wasn't around when I was in college. Something on YouTube from those days might fill in some blanks spots for me. :lol-2:

I hate those projects that grow as you work on them instead of getting to a point where the end is in sight. I really chuckled at your sentence "some days I wish my boss would just fire me and put me out of my misery!" I said pretty much the same thing to a friend I met for lunch today. This was the same lunch where i made my friends 4th grade daughter cry. They are moving in about 2 weeks and they hadn't told her yet she has to move to a different school. I asked her "are you excited to go to a new school?" Oops.

I hope the cow bag lady found some hides she likes. The big show in December sounds fun. I am sure she'll sell a lot of bags.

The weather forecast must have been fake news this morning because it said expect a high of 52 - WRONG. It felt like 23 when I was out at lunch and once again I chose my polar fleece jacket over my wool coat to wear today. I am not very accepting of the arrival of winter.

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. It's been a long week at work.
Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I LOL'd about filling in some of those blank spots! I've got a few of those too, but at this point it's probably better to let that sleeping dog lie, ha ha. And rut ro about making the 4th grader cry. She's was going to find out eventually, so you just sped up the process a little.

Yesterday was a success! My friend got nine hides, which is GREAT! She's set for a while and was really happy with the quality and the selection. I'm glad because she wasn't too thrilled about driving two hours in each direction to do this, so if he'd come home empty handed I would have been in troubbbbbbble!

Today I have absolutely nothing on the agenda! I think I do some light cleaning up, a little laundry (of course!) and catch up on the accounting for the cow bag lady and the boutique lady, but not much else. My friend from out east is in town but I have't heard from her about any plans so not sure what the evening will bring.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy rainy Saturday kids!

Yesterday was a day of not doing much! I cleaned the house up a little and did a tinnnnny bit of accounting for my "consulting" clients (as I've come to think of the cowhide lady and the boutique lady), but for the most part the paperwork is spread all over my kitchen counter untouched, ha ha.

My friend is in town but I didn't hear from her about any evening plans (and you might notice I didn't go out of my way to reach out to her!) so when the CB headed over to the boathouse I hunkered down on the couch with a pizza and a book and stayed there! I fell asleep early, woke up for a bit between 5:30 and 6:30 and went back to sleep again until the thunder woke me at 8ish.

Off to contemplate a shower and figure out what to wear in the rain today. I have a feeling I may need to run some purses over to a little shop in Indiana because the owner has had a big week and sold six of them. I have a vision of cows running out the door!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, sounds like a low key day for your yesterday. Pizza and a book do sound like a nice evening. Oh no to waking up to thunder. It's in the 60's again here today but some of that white 4 letter work is in our very near forecast. LOL to having a vision of cows running out the door. That's great to hear the shop in Indiana had a big week with cowhide bags.

Work wasn't what I would call fun yesterday and the not fun will continue more on Monday. Sigh. One of our problems is on me so that could get ugly. Not necessarily for me but it iwll get attention and not win me any friends.

I have been trying to get all the laundry done today since Marty has to pack for LA tomorrow. Marty is having a poker night tonight. Darn. The cleaning lady came today and the man cave will need cleaned again tomorrow. Oh well. It will be clean upstairs. Ha!

We went out for breakfast and lunch today. Woo hoo. No dishes so far.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results