shape
carat
color
clarity

Trump Wishes To Ban Transgender People From The Military

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although there are many of us who believe that Trump has announced this only to divert attention from his own problems, he has nonetheless announced that he plans to ban transgender people from the military. Whether he will be able to do so is unclear. Certainly, it is the last refuge of a scoundrel that he resorted to this in order to divert public attention from his own misbehavior.

It is the job of us, all the American people, to show that we can fight for the right of transgender people to serve in the military, while also pursuing the investigation of Russian collusion with his staff during the hacking of 2016 election and also obstruction of justice. If he can commit multiple acts against the public good, we can defend against multiple acts of presidential malfeasance.

Link...https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/26/...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MSNBC is covering this story well. It is really worth clicking on this link if you have not been reading about the matter carefully. It shows that while The White House is saying that the military has demanded a ban on transgender troops, the military is referring all questions to The White House. So The White House is lying. (I know. It is a shock.)

Click here...

AGBF
:read:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems clear that the TIC didn't consult with the military before making this announcement.

It's clear this is an attempt to divert attention from the Russia investigation, and to throw some red meat at his base to boot. Does that mean that the investigation is getting close to something big? Some analysts have speculated that Paul Manafort has made some sort of deal with either the congressional committees or the special prosecutor...

As one of the commentators in the CNN clip said - Trump is a "chaos profiteer."

I wonder if he has a "red meat" list that he chooses from each day when he feels the need to create a diversion?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Horrible.:blackeye:
Trump swore to do everything in his power to protect the LGBT community.

What happened to his promise to fight for them?
Now he is turning his back on all those people currently serving in our military all over. So upsetting. :((

Of course I am not surprised. Nothing Trump does surprises me. Just saddens, disappoints, shocks and disgusts me.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are currently traveling around Newfoundland and the question we are asked most often is "why is nothing being done to stop trump?"

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are currently traveling around Newfoundland and the question we are asked most often is "why is nothing being done to stop trump?"

My thoughts exactly. Soooo embarrassing. The only way I would excuse this is if he actually was TRYING to destroy the republican party forever. Because that is pretty much what he is doing. The republican party may never recover from this bullshit.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So humiliating. It's a new low of indecency for the purpose of distracting from the Russia probe. But it all goes with someone who has Narcissistic Personality Disorder and I'm firmly convinced that he does! Anything for attention, even more than power. To a narcissistic person, it's fine to throw anyone under the bus. When oh when will he be impeached?!?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump is running his presidency the same way he ran reality TV. The more drama the better. I feel like we have a front row seat to the political version of the Jerry Springer Show. I agree that the Transgender announcement was to deflect from the Russian investigation and keep his base happy thinking he is doing wonderful things. It's disgusting. These men and woman have sacrificed so much to serve our country and Trump repays them with this. It all makes me incredibly sad. I will be so happy when this lunatic finally leaves office.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sad. That's all I can say.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To think the military spends a measly 8m on trans medical related costs, but spends at least 3 times that, 24m on erectile dysfunction . How laughable this is?

People with narcissistic personality disorder are not loyal to anyone, except who can at the moment best fulfill their ego needs, known as narcissistic supply. The Wiki description of the subtype 'elitist' narcissist really Captures him. Hes basically impaired at the personality level. Huge blind spots. He's all in it for himself. He's turned out not to be the 'team player' that republicans hoped he would be. He's causing irreparable damage to pretty much everyone. What is most dangerous about him is that his ethical foundation is only to himself, to preserve the fragile self image. This means that he has no problems stealing from others, selling our country to others without due process, shouting one lie after another to the Boy Scouts, making promises he hasn't the capability or the finesse to accomplish, etc. he can and will turn on anyone who best happens to meet his needs at the moment.

Last edited:

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow. Horrible.:blackeye:
Trump swore to do everything in his power to protect the LGBT community.

What happened to his promise to fight for them?
Now he is turning his back on all those people currently serving in our military all over. So upsetting. :((

Of course I am not surprised. Nothing Trump does surprises me. Just saddens, disappoints, shocks and disgusts me.

the second he swore to protect the LGBT community, my first thought was "I wonder how long before he screws them over?". Answer - 7 months.

And yes, this soooooo many times over. It's only getting worse. Every time I read the paper or watch the news I'm humiliated and angered by his actions. Why anyone thought he would make a decent president to begin with is beyond me. All you need to do is watch him for 5 minutes and you'll know what you're dealing with. He's a petulant child. I hope he's impeached soon. I don't know how much more our country can take.

Making America great again my ass. I'm disgusted, horrified, and beyond embarrassed. :nono:

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
To think the military spends a measly 8m on trans medical related costs, but spends at least 3 times that, 24m on erectile dysfunction . How laughable this is?

People with narcissistic personality disorder are not loyal to anyone, except who can at the moment best fulfill their ego needs, known as narcissistic supply. The Wiki description of the subtype 'elitist' narcissist really Captures him. Hes basically impaired at the personality level. Huge blind spots. He's all in it for himself. He's turned out not to be the 'team player' that republicans hoped he would be. He's causing irreparable damage to pretty much everyone. What is most dangerous about him is that his ethical foundation is only to himself, to preserve the fragile self image. This means that he has no problems stealing from others, selling our country to others without due process, etc. he can and will turn on anyone who best happens to meet his needs at the moment.

Bluegemz - Nail on head. Beautifully written. Thank you.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
This just sickens me. Absolutely sickens me. He is pushing government sanctioned prejudice.

Narcissism is a scary thing and Trump is textbook.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just breaks my heart :nono:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too. Trans people suffer enough. They are the most vulnerable within the LGBTQ conmunity, with about HALF having attempted siucide by the age of 20. What a pathetic president, to pick on a grossly misunderstood, vulnerable population. Way to go. It's takes a real winner to pick on easy targets. It's hard enough that they feel born in the wrong body. It's increadible the bravery that trans people have. They have to be courageous everyday, let alone decide to join the military and fight for others like Trump who then show such disrespect. Those out there who believe it's their fault because it's a choice I believe are sadly mistaken. Gender identity is not a choice. It's much deeper than that. And, no one in their right mind would choose such a life. They do the best they can while being targets for people's projected hatred and ignorance and intolerance.
Isn't the mark of a great and evolved society it's ability to care for it's people, especially the vulnerable ones?

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last month I travelled to Greece, Italy and Spain and I was asked that very same question in all 3 countries. :(

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like screaming out 'where did my America go?'... Transgender people I would venture to say, have a very difficult life as it is.. Next up: women in the military.. too expensive to supply sanitary supplies.. these are indeed very troubling times in my beloved country.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right! Imagine telling people with cancer that they are a burden because of medical costs, or overweight people. No one would dare, but it's ok to say that to the trans community?
Now we know it's all a ploy to distract. I don't think Trump cares one way or another about the LGBQT community, but it's definitely taking many steps back to the dark ages in terms of moral indecency, and letting people who hate think that it's ok to do this.

All of Europe is in shock at this morally reprehensible president.

Last edited:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right! Imagine telling people with cancer that they are a burden because of medical costs, or overweight people. No one would dare, but it's ok to say that to the trans community?
Now we know it's all a ploy to distract. I don't think Trump cares one way or another about the LGBQT community, but it's definitely taking many steps back to the dark ages in terms of moral indecency, and letting people who hate think that it's ok to do this.

All of Europe is in shock at this morally reprehensible president.

People tell overweight people (myself included) that we are a burden all of the time. It's all part of a disgusting cycle of selfishness.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People tell overweight people (myself included) that we are a burden all of the time. It's all part of a disgusting cycle of selfishness.
So true! I know that overweight people are picked on constantly...i meant that no politician would dare say it on a mass scale, because they know it would be wrong to do so. But then imagine if the president actually said publicly that overweight people are too much of a burden. What a horrific message!! The burden of their being outweighs the good that they can contribute. This kind of hateful message darkens everyone's life.

Last edited:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were talking about this last night. Does the president have the authority, as Commander in Chief, to make this "statement" policy? Does it have to go through Congress?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So humiliating. It's a new low of indecency for the purpose of distracting from the Russia probe. But it all goes with someone who has Narcissistic Personality Disorder and I'm firmly convinced that he does! Anything for attention, even more than power. To a narcissistic person, it's fine to throw anyone under the bus. When oh when will he be impeached?!?
The PSer Dems. impeached Trump since Jan 22!...:lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire, You keep making comments about democrats along with the laughing emoji. I know we are close in age and I have never seen anything remotely resembling the S&$tshow we have now. We are a joke to the rest of the world. We have a president who is mentally unstable and only a handful of republicans who will even admit there is a problem. All the while there is nut in North Korea who would gladly kill us all. If there were a major catastrophe would you trust one thing this president said to be the truth? He is a lying narcissist.

The only thing Trump concerns himself with is making sure there is more chaos then we had the day before. Do you feel this is good for the country? I've never heard you say one word against him. Am I to take that as you feel he is doing a good job? The only thing he has accomplish is getiting Goursh in the Supreme Court.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing fire, though that is true, it doesn't matter that Dems have dismissed him since early on...this goes deeper than both parties. He's not going to be a team player or do well for anyone, Rep. included. Look at how he trashes those who don't give their 'loyalty'. He's expecting to be king.

All that matters is that he's still in office, focusing on tweets, with a radically understaffed team if people who don't have much finesse or knowledge, and probably can't well protect and lead. He's sold our country to crooked people who stroke his ego. He shouts lies to our children, and plays on the emotions and desperation of people who want easy answers to complex issues. Magical thinking anyone? His whitehouse is a revolving door of hiring and firing. Every time he fails, he takes zero responsibility and humiliated and blames others. In my opinion, this is the antithesis of good character needed in a president, and for any party. He himself doesn't really know anything about anything and thinks that he can manipulate and bully his way with others. He alone makes America seem far, far less than great.

I know that people are working very hard and are being very thorough with this investigation because they've only got one shot. But still, with each passing day, I'm shocked that he's still in office. IMO he is woefully unqualified, unethical and impaired.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Bluegemz for your post. I was angry from the terrible things Trump has done this week alone when I posted. Hence the rambling mess I wrote above. Your posts articulates everything I wanted to say,

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Bluegemz for your post. I was angry from the terrible things Trump has done this week alone when I posted. Hence the rambling mess I wrote above. Your posts articulates everything I wanted to say,

Calliecake, it's natural to be upset during this time. I think one would have to be completely disassociated not to be alarmed at the least. I'm deeply upset too.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire, You keep making comments about democrats along with the laughing emoji. I know we are close in age and I have never seen anything remotely resembling the S&$tshow we have now. We are a joke to the rest of the world. We have a president who is mentally unstable and only a handful of republicans who will even admit there is a problem. All the while there is nut in North Korea who would gladly kill us all. If there were a major catastrophe would you trust one thing this president said to be the truth? He is a lying narcissist.

The only thing Trump concerns himself with is making sure there is more chaos then we had the day before. Do you feel this is good for the country? I've never heard you say one word against him. Am I to take that as you feel he is doing a good job? The only thing he has accomplish is getiting Goursh in the Supreme Court.

I saw some commentators from MSNBC last night discussing Trump's motives for encouraging his staff members to fight. I do not know the name of the woman who offered this opinion, but I thought it was quite insightful. She said that Trump is lonely and bored. He misses New York. During the campaign he flew home every night to sleep in his own bed. Now he is in The White House in a city he doesn't know or like. He has nothing to do. He is uninterested in policy. He actually did not know the difference between Medicare and Medicaid. And he needs some entertainment. He gets bored and needs something to do with himself, so he stirs something up. I believe she is a journalist who was with him throughout the campaign and came to "know" him (as in understand what he is about, not know him personally) quite well.

It sounds like the story of a sad, trapped royal more than the story of someone elected to office. If he had inherited a throne and been constitutionally unfit for it, I might have pitied him. He seems mentally ill and pitiable, except that he is so mean. The problem is that people elected him to be where he is!

AGBF

Last edited:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disgusted by the jokes and negative comments I sometimes hear and see about transgender people, as if it is a choice or a behavior. Not surprised by Trump at all, he is trying to undo everything that Obama has done. Coming from Europe, the site of the biggest war, during which Jews, Gypsies and homosexuals, I can only say that persecution of any minority is horribly unfair.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results