stone to my PS collection. Yellow is not
in my comfort zone at all and I was quite
hesitant. But with help of friendly PSers
I learned more about yellow stones. And
after a while I found a beautiful Danburite
at Precision Gem!

Since Niel posted some designs of Marc
Williams in the CS section, I was fascinated
by their work. So I decided to contact them.
And luckily they where willing to make an
exception as they normally do not set
outside stones.

Ashley was my contact person at Marc
Williams and she was fabulous to work with.
Always super friendly and customer oriented.
As well as willing to go that extra mile.

Marc Williams only works with 14K YG
which was not in my comfort zone at all!
But I really wanted a MW ring and I am so
glad I took the plunge.

Because of the depth of the stone, the
profile is relatively high like an elegant
layered cake. But I love the result!!!
A huge thank you for Gene from Precision
Gem and Ashley and Marc from Mark
Williams.

On to some pics:

_34096.jpg

_34097.jpg

_34098.jpg

_34099.jpg

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
THAT is fabulous!! I feel the same about the idea of a yellow stone, but THAT! I would wear that in a heartbeat! Gorgeous color, beautiful setting! I always enjoy seeing your new creations.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!

I want a ring from them so badly. I've been waiting for this thread forevvvveerrrr

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Commented on the other CS thread for this, but LOVE the additional pics! I am so happy about how MW made the bezel angled like the stone. It's a perfect yellow layer cake ring :)

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous shade of yellow!

And is the Birkin gris tourterelle or etoupe? I'm a fan... :dance:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a yellow lover either but that ring is really very pretty! I love the setting as much as the stone.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your kind words :wavey:

Ally66: thank you! I have now discovered that I enjoy wearing yellow. Both the color of the stone as the color of the gold are easy to wear. I already feel this is a ring I will wear often.

Motownmama: I was so curious to learn whether I would love it in real life. And I do!!

Niel: glad you love it Niel. Thanks again for posting the MW rings as inspiration. Are you already working on a next project? I hope you will indeed have a MW ring made in the future. I love the style.

Lovedogs: thank you for your kind words here and in my other thread! I love the craftmanship of the bezel, showing of the 10 sided round shape of the Danburite.

UrsTx: thank you! I love this yellow as well. It's a very versatile color. This Birkin is Clemence etoupe. I have another in Clemence graphite 8-). Seems we are both fans.

AlexT: thank you! It indeed is quite sunny.

_34112.jpg

_34113.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous colored stone and I love the bezel. Another work of art!! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1441650125|3924647 said:
I'm not a yellow lover either but that ring is really very pretty! I love the setting as much as the stone.

Thank you MissGotRocks :wavey: I now realise that I have underestimated the color yellow. I love the stone and I am thrilled with the beautiful Marc Williams style.

Vampira said:
That bezel...! :love:

I was amazed when I first saw pics of the bezel and even more so when I saw the ring in real life. Thank you for your kind words Vampira.

derbygal said:
Gorgeous colored stone and I love the bezel. Another work of art!! :love:

Thank you Derbygal! The MW rings have such a bold classic feel and are made with such dedication and love for beautiful jewelry. So glad I discovered this designer via Niel!

_34115.jpg

_34116.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone specs:
Stone: Danburite
Carat weight: 5.470 ct
Dimensions: 11.014 mm

Color: 9
Clarity: 9
Brilliance: 5
TQR: 9.3

_34117.jpg

_34118.jpg

_34119.jpg

_34120.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it is stunningly beautiful! I LOVE the yummy yellow Danburite with the yellow gold. There's something very old world regal about this ring.

This is definitely one of my all time favorite gemstone rings. What a perfect addition to your lovely collection!! :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is just magnificent and I agree very regal/royal looking in it's new setting!!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now THAT is a statement ring Acinom :love: The setting you chose really suits the stone!! I think the 14k YG worked out perfectly - there's a lot of metal in that setting, but the more pale colour leaves center stage to the stone. And the design rounds out your collection wonderfully - you've got delicate, antique-y, pave, bold and modern...
How on earth do you choose what to wear each morning? :bigsmile:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Acinom, I'm glad you took the plunge into yellow gold. I know in a previous thread you said you don't look good in yellow gold. I think it looks amazing with your skin tone (I can't remember if you said you had too much blue or was in olive and therefore nervous about yellow gold).

The ring is gorgeous, as are all your rings. You really do have a rainbow assortment. I'll be interested in how you find wearing such a high set ring over time.

I'm hoping the next time you set a blue stone you'll decide to go with yellow gold. I love the combination of blue and yellow gold together. So once your ban is over maybe another blue stone will be in your future. I'm such an enabler :lol: , at least that's what I've been told when people go shopping with me.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Acinom, your new burst of sunshine turned out beautifully! I don't know why but when Niel posted the Marc Williams design and you had just gotten the Danburite it seemed like a perfect fit! You have such an eye for putting things together! I love the sunny Danburite in that yummy gold setting! It's gorgeous! :love: It looks fabulous on you! :clap:

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Well Acinom, you have done it again....another gorgeous ring to add to the collection. It looks stunning on your hand and it is the perfect yellow!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on your hand.. I love the design. matter of fact every ring you have posted I love... your collection is to die for.. :) just beautiful... :love: :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom I love the color of the danburite- but love the design of the ring even more. So much attention to detail. I love how the bezel fits the shape of the gemstone so perfectly. :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :))

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Yet another beauty!!! :love: The ring looks amazing and delicious. I love yellow gold, but never wanted a yellow colored stone...until now.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Acinom - this bold, statement ring simply sings on your hand. I love the different pictures of the stone - in some it looks a brighter yellow, in others a green/yellow and in a few it seems to give off a brownish yellow - all beautiful.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thank you all for your super kind reactions!

JDDN said:
Oh it is stunningly beautiful! I LOVE the yummy yellow Danburite with the yellow gold. There's something very old world regal about this ring.

This is definitely one of my all time favorite gemstone rings. What a perfect addition to your lovely collection!! :love:
Thanks! It looks like the old Greek ring from the old Greek/Roman era.
I love that this ring is so different from the rest of my collection.

arkieb1 said:
That stone is just magnificent and I agree very regal/royal looking in it's new setting!!!!!
Thanks Arkieb. I am super happy with how the ring looks as I had some concerns it could be too high. I love the unique look.

picante27 said:
That's a beautiful ring and the yellow looks great on you! :appl:
This seems to be just the right yellow for me. Pfieh!!! Yellow is not in my comfort zone so this was a bit of a risk.

Yssie said:
Now THAT is a statement ring Acinom :love: The setting you chose really suits the stone!! I think the 14k YG worked out perfectly - there's a lot of metal in that setting, but the more pale colour leaves center stage to the stone. And the design rounds out your collection wonderfully - you've got delicate, antique-y, pave, bold and modern...
How on earth do you choose what to wear each morning? :bigsmile:
Thanks Yssie! I took a (first world) risk with the yellow stone but with the YG even more! I love the pale yellow on my skin as well as the combo with the Danburite. Looking forward to see how your yellow project progresses.

Poodles4me said:
Hey Acinom, I'm glad you took the plunge into yellow gold. I know in a previous thread you said you don't look good in yellow gold. I think it looks amazing with your skin tone (I can't remember if you said you had too much blue or was in olive and therefore nervous about yellow gold).

The ring is gorgeous, as are all your rings. You really do have a rainbow assortment. I'll be interested in how you find wearing such a high set ring over time.

I'm hoping the next time you set a blue stone you'll decide to go with yellow gold. I love the combination of blue and yellow gold together. So once your ban is over maybe another blue stone will be in your future. I'm such an enabler :lol: , at least that's what I've been told when people go shopping with me.
Enabler indeed :lol: I will definitely choose YG more often now that I have seen this ring with my own eyes.
I love wearing larger rings and compared to my lapis ring, this ring is actually small and modest 8-)

NonieMarie said:
I'm looking up Marc Williams right now... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Hi work is fabulous and I can really recommend working with him. I love love love his rings with cab stones.

Rockinruby said:
Acinom, your new burst of sunshine turned out beautifully! I don't know why but when Niel posted the Marc Williams design and you had just gotten the Danburite it seemed like a perfect fit! You have such an eye for putting things together! I love the sunny Danburite in that yummy gold setting! It's gorgeous! :love: It looks fabulous on you! :clap:
So remarkable that you made that match as well. Thank you for your kind words!

aac2013 said:
Well Acinom, you have done it again....another gorgeous ring to add to the collection. It looks stunning on your hand and it is the perfect yellow!
Thank you!!! :wavey:

Tekate said:
It looks beautiful on your hand.. I love the design. matter of fact every ring you have posted I love... your collection is to die for.. :) just beautiful... :love: :love:
Thank you Tekate!!!

LisaRN said:
Acinom I love the color of the danburite- but love the design of the ring even more. So much attention to detail. I love how the bezel fits the shape of the gemstone so perfectly. :appl:
I could not even imagine it that the bezel could be made to fit the 10 sided round shape of the Danburite. MW has a very talented bench.

dk168 said:
Nice ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :))
Thanks dk. It's really fun sharing the fun like this.

_lovesvintage_ said:
Yet another beauty!!! :love: The ring looks amazing and delicious. I love yellow gold, but never wanted a yellow colored stone...until now.
I have learned there are so much shades of yellow. You should just find the right one. Thank you for your kind words.

Polished said:
Gorgeous Acinom - this bold, statement ring simply sings on your hand. I love the different pictures of the stone - in some it looks a brighter yellow, in others a green/yellow and in a few it seems to give off a brownish yellow - all beautiful.
Thank you! It is like that in real life: different beautiful shades of yellow. Super happy that this stone has found me and that Marc Williams was willing to set it.

lknvrb4 said:
Beautiful, that color is amazing!
Thank you! :wavey:

_34142.jpg

_34143.jpg

_34144.jpg

_34145.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cool! I love it. It is unique and different from the rest of your collection. I'm curious, Acinom, what does your DH/SO (not completely sure if you are married) say about all your creations? Does he love gems as much as you? Is he wowed, or does he not get your love of gems?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results