shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW new men's bling, tension set 1/2 ct emerald cut

affguy

Shiny_Rock
First, I have to comment on Bruce Boone’s service. I’d read posts on here dating back to 2004 (when internet retailing was somewhat different than it is today) praising Bruce’s attention to his customers and unbelievable speed. Early on, he sent me 3 sample rings to take a look at, for nothing more than the cost of shipping (less than 10 bucks if I remember correctly). Over the course of getting this order completed, he responded to me by email a total of 13 times. 12 of those were in less than an hour, and the average was 16 minutes. The time of day when I sent my emails and he sent his responses varied from 7 AM to midnight, and all my questions were answered each time. I do have to admit, there was one time when he made me wait over 6 hours, presumably due to bypass surgery, or a wedding anniversary, or some such emergency. :D I shipped my stone out to Bruce, via first class mail last Friday afternoon. With us on opposite coasts, I figured it would reach him mid week, he’d spend a couple days building it, and with any luck I might have the ring in hand by the end of next week. You can imagine my surprise when I got an email from him Wednesday saying my ring was done and had been sent out…it arrived here about an hour shy of a week after I mailed the stone.

Bottom line – I do a lot of online shopping, and have for awhile now. My first big ticket online purchase was probably 1996ish, and since then, I have never experienced service this fast, personal, and attentive from any online merchant of any sort. Incredibly well done.

Next up, the goods. The stone is .55 ct, F, IF, very good pol/sym, 63% table, 66.5% depth, 5.81x3.99x2.65. The setting is Bruce Boone's Tension Squared titanium ring, 6 mm wide with a 2 mm palladium inlay, polished finish.

1-TS%20layingcrop.jpg

2-TS%20standingcrop.jpg

3-TS%20standing%202crop.jpg

affguy

Shiny_Rock
And the hand shots, one showing that the culet (keel) does just barely touch, a standard shot, and then the most common way we see these things. :naughty:

4-TS%20profilecrop.jpg

5-TS%20handshotcrop.jpg

6-Driving2crop.jpg

I rather like it...... :D

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very cool.
I also have been very happy with Boonerings.!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhhh, vvvveeerrry nice! I'd love one!

cheers--Sharon

stci

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations for this beauty!

affguy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all! Kenny, as far as I can tell, you're the resident Boone rings + stepcut guy, so I was hoping you'd approve. :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice. It looks great.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool ring Affguy! Love the asymmetry and the high polish/ 2tone effect! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Masculine with that dash of white flashing POW! Enjoy it - its a stunner!!! :love:

melave

Shiny_Rock
Oh affguy that is fantastic!!! i love it!! :love:

I bought OH wedding ring from Boone and it was in my hand in less than 2 weeks. That was to Australia! He is so quick and the ring is fantastic.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great design - very handsome - love the horizontal / vertical thing going on there - and your diamond is gorgeous!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it! Simple and clean...a little bling but not in-your-face!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooooh! I am not really into men's bling - don't know why - but that ring is AWESOME!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw your ring on the other thread and was hoping you'd post here. It's stunning! I like that it's set off to the side. Any chance of more photos?

affguy

Shiny_Rock
Addy|1329652790|3129217 said:
Any chance of more photos?

Thanks again everyone. We're not getting married till September, but I'm wearing the ring for a week anyhow, as sort of a trial run, and really liking it. Addy...not being the creative type, I couldn't think of any other pictures to take. I do notice that the ring looks much warmer in the pictures than in real life, probably due to the tan/yellow paint in the room I took those pictures in. The weather is really nice today, so maybe I'll try for a shot or 3 outside, with natural light. I'm really liking the contrasting grey titanium, silver palladium, and bright white stone. :)

affguy

Shiny_Rock
affguy|1329674258|3129375 said:
The weather is really nice today, so maybe I'll try for a shot or 3 outside, with natural light. I'm really liking the contrasting grey titanium, silver palladium, and bright white stone. :)

Well, I didn't get the camera out yesterday, so the overcast sky today will have to suffice. Still, with natural light, I was able to increase the shutter speed from 1/13th of a second to 1/400th, so this is a MUCH better representation of the actual colors. For what it's worth, the one diagonal scratch near the stone is real, not sure how I did it, but it should buff out easy. What looks like many fine horizontal scratches next to that is actually a reflection in the mirror finish of a chain link fence behind me (the dark splotch being a horse on the other side of it :lol: )

stone-overcast-1.jpg

stone-overcast-2.jpg

stone-overcast-3.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still love it!

Question: Can you see a line marking the transtion between the titamium and the palladium or is it seemless in person?

affguy

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D|1329780273|3130376 said:
I still love it!

Question: Can you see a line marking the transtion between the titamium and the palladium or is it seemless in person?

Thanks, me too. :lol: You can see it, but just barely. At anything even close to arm's length, the only way you can see it is in the reflections, i.e. if it's reflecting a straight line, there will be a jog in the line across the palladium inlay. I doubt you'd be able to see it in a brushed finish. If you wanted to accentuate it instead of hide it, on round rings he can put a groove there so the line is down inside the groove.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
This looks really sharp, I love it! I wish my SO liked diamonds in his rings, I'd love to get him something like this, alas... :blackeye:

Great ring, nice to see a well executed, unique, men's ring.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
affguy|1329600384|3128882 said:
Thanks all! Kenny, as far as I can tell, you're the resident Boone rings + stepcut guy, so I was hoping you'd approve. :lol:

I more than approve.

I would allow you to buy one for me. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
affguy|1329781116|3130392 said:
Dreamer_D|1329780273|3130376 said:
I still love it!

Thanks, me too. :lol: You can see it, but just barely. At anything even close to arm's length, the only way you can see it is in the reflections, i.e. if it's reflecting a straight line, there will be a jog in the line across the palladium inlay. I doubt you'd be able to see it in a brushed finish. If you wanted to accentuate it instead of hide it, on round rings he can put a groove there so the line is down inside the groove.

Cool. No I don't want to accentuate the transition. I want to see the difference in color, but not see a little line demarking the two. I'm going for the brus finish and I bet you are right it hides whatever small transition line there is.

Seeing your ring is making me think I need a larger stone fore my husband! 8)

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring! I think that is the perfect presentation of an EC in a masculine setting. Looks very comfortable too!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I love it to bits - congratulations on a beautiful ring!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful ring! It's manly and elegant at the same time! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results