shape
carat
color
clarity

My Single Stone 10th Anniversary ring!

angela06

Shiny_Rock
It’s here and I love, love, love it! With my 10th Anniversary in mind this year (July3) I started on this project when I purchased the center stone from JBEG in January. Post here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/would-you-send-this-old-cut-to-gia.197247/#post-3592524#p3592524']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/would-you-send-this-old-cut-to-gia.197247/#post-3592524#p3592524[/URL]
I began searching for antique settings, but after a lot of searching and considering my favorite rings here on PS, and styles I had seen on Pinterest for art deco settings, I decided to go with Single Stone. I wanted a forever setting for this stone. I contacted Heather at Single Stone for some prices and suggestions on mixing two rings they had on their site. I wanted lots of milgrain, linear geometric details, and Heather offered her suggestions. Together, we came up with a custom bezel setting in platinum for my 7.5mm 1.47ct L/VS2 transitional stone.

I loved the ring that backwardsandinheels designed with SS, and we both were inspired by the same two SS rings. I want to thank her for posting photos of her beautiful ring. Seeing her post gave me a lot to look forward to during the two-month production time for mine. Her posts also gave me the confidence that my ring would turn out perfectly. I had never done a custom ring, and seriously, Heather and the entire team at SS did a fantastic job at listening to all of my requests and asking all of the right questions--What kind of engraving did I want, where did I want the engraving to stop, did I want a sizing bar, did I want beading along the bezel, or just milgraining-- Honestly, I had not thought of any of those details, and having her call and make sure that they knew my preferences me made my ring that special to me. They married two designs seamlessly. I chose a wheat pattern engraving down the sides, and a small sizing bar. The milgrain is so, so delicate. It looks like tiny elves did it!!

Once I received the ring, I went over it with my loupe for half an hour just looking at all the details. The tiny, tiny milgrain, the tiny OEC melee with open culets! The setting is the perfect complement to my stone. I couldn’t be more pleased! I can't recommend them enough and I will consider future projects with SS, for sure. I am already thinking about designing a matching wedding ring!

Onto the pics!
20140331_154443.jpg2014-03-28_15.jpg2014-03-28_14.jpg20140328_142710.jpg

angela06

Shiny_Rock
Heather sent me some photos of the ring after the metalwork was complete, but before the diamonds were set and the engraving was done. I was so surprised when I opened the box to see the finished ring!

metal_gallery.jpg
metal_side.jpg

angela06

Shiny_Rock
We are having really rainy weather, but I am dying to do a flower shoot soon. These are the last pics for now. :halo: 2014-03-28_15_0.jpg
20140328_142233.jpg
20140328_123043.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's perfection! The fine details and milgraining are TDF! :love: Happy anniversary! :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
W.O.W. - I love that! It looks amazing with that beautiful bright diamond. Happy anniversary!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: So beautiful. I can see why you are thrilled. Wear in health and happiness and please come back and post more pics.

Happy Anniversary! :appl:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning! I love all that delicate work! :love: Happy anniversary and enjoy your new treasures!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully :love: and Happy Anniversary!

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on the anniversary! & What a GORGEOUS ring!!! Wear it in good health!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
just gorgeous!!!!!!! :love: :appl:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
This is an exquisite ring! The details are impressively done and so unique. Thanks for sharing your story about the process

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!!!!!!!!! I love the pic before the milgrain and melee setting was done. Amazing. :appl: :appl: Happy 10th Anniversary!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Such a beautiful ring! SS makes the most detailed intricate pieces and that milgrain is TDF!
A perfect work of art! Happy Anniversary :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this Singlestone setting! And your center stone shines :love:
Enjoy wearing your pretty ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary and congratulations!!!!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Twinsies! :appl: :appl: :appl: Well done my friend and Heather and the milgraine elf aka Single Stone's bench! So happy to inspire you and see another iteration of some of their lovely signature details. That combination is fantastic. Love it! Happy 10th ;))

I hope my DDH doesn't think the 10th anniversary is the Single Stone anniversary, I've been saying 25 is :Up_to_something:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE THIS SETTING. Congratulations!!

backwardsandinheels said:
Twinsies! :appl: :appl: :appl: Well done my friend and Heather and the milgraine elf aka Single Stone's bench! So happy to inspire you and see another iteration of some of their lovely signature details. That combination is fantastic. Love it! Happy 10th ;))

I hope my DDH doesn't think the 10th anniversary is the Single Stone anniversary, I've been saying 25 is :Up_to_something:

backwardsandinheels - your ring is inspirational. I love yours too!!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love your ring! Congrats on 10 years!

angela06

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all the comments! I am still working on new pics, but I want to post back to everyone for their lovely comments and congrats!

Derbygal- Thank you!

Mom2Boys- Thank you, the milgrain is one of my favorite features of the ring. I drool over your collection daily, so your kind words are very appreciated.

Circe- thank you, the diamond looks very at home in this setting and I love it!

Missy – I am working on some new pics, I hope to post soon. Thank you for the congrats!

Missgotrocks and Kathley – Thank you ladies! Although our Anniversary isn’t until July, I already feel like it is here!

SandyinAnaheim – Thank you! I am still gushing over the detail in this setting. It is definitely what SS does best. 

Starburst –Thank you! Your LM emerald cut is TDF! And Grace and Erica are lovely vendors to deal with. My center stone came from JBEG too!

Bright Ice – I am drooling over your Sophia! Just stunning!

SB621 – Thank you! I am amazed that this is an L! It faces up so white most of the time, but occasionally gives me little surprises with a glimpse of warmth. It picks up environmental colors superbly.

Diamondseeker2006 – Thank you! Your AVR is absolutely stunning !

Redroze – Thank you, the gallery was the most customized portion of the ring, and I am thrilled with the result.

DortheaBrooke – Many thanks for your kind words.

Vinjewels – Thank you , I loved getting the sneak peak at the setting prior to shipment.

Woofmama – Thanks! SS does the tiniest milgrain, it’s amazing!

Thecat- Thank you very much!

Lknvrb4 – thank you! I adore your halo setting too.

Acinom – I adore your ring, too. Those French cuts make me swoon!

Ericad – Thank you! I had been hoping you would see where the lovely center stone ended up! I think the setting really complements the diamond I sourced from you. And thank you to the consignor, whomever it was.

AprilBaby – Thank you. Time flies!

Backwardsandinheels – Thank you for the inspiration! Heather knew just what ring I was talking about, and said you were the sweetest lady. Thank you for being my fraternal ring twin!

LLJsmom – Her ring is the big sister of mine, gorgeous in every way!

Alene- Thank you, I am over the moon for it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results