shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Did someone say "stop light" red?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I can't think of too many PSers who haven't been infected with inspiration after seeing some of our peers beautiful pieces here, and this piece certainly falls into that category.

A few months ago, I stumbled across AGBF's thread about setting her red spinel; I have no idea how I'd missed her thread for so many weeks previously but once found, I was enchanted by her red spinel and put that stone variety on my gemstone 'bucket list'.

Some time later, I came across this setting that I was taken with and couldn't leave behind. While I normally have stone in hand before selecting settings, this setting spoke to me so much that for the first time, I bought it without owning a stone for it yet.

I've been working quite a bit with PrimaGems lately (LOVE THEM!) and figured I could use this setting for pink spinel or perhaps a tsavorite. A week after I bought this setting, PrimaGems had received this red spinel into their inventory. It was one of only three reds they'd been able to source. I had some initial hesitation since it was a native cut stone and had a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny window, but we suspected it would completely close at setting and boy, did it ever! Red is my favorite color, and I've been wearing the HECK out of this since it was finally set last weekend!

I couldn't be more thrilled with the outcome. Special tip of the hat to AGBF for planting the seed of an idea that came together so wonderfully.

ETA: Well-deserved kudos to the bench at ID Jewelry, who did an exquisite job setting this for me. Their prong-work is swoonable!

CROP 0046.jpg

CROP 0008.jpg

CROP_0052.jpg

CROP 0024.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!!! I love love love this ring!!!! What a gorgeous stone and a gorgeous setting!!!!!! I usually don't wear a lot of gemstone rings, although I have a few because they don't have enough diamonds for sparkle for me. But this one~oh my gosh~ it sure does. Aljdewey, this
is so perfect. Oh to find a setting like that. I am very taken lately with settings that have more than one cut and I really love the marquise and the way they are set here. Even though there are a lot of stones, the way they are set up the side is a delicate look. The spaces give a little relief to your all from all the sparkle. Did I say I love it? The spinel is perfect as well, love the color and it has quite a bit of sparkle all on it's own!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The mounting is beautiful. Love all those diamonds.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I have yet to set my red spinel and I love how you set yours. Do you recommend the settings at IDJ? I am considering a visit to check them out, and I keep on hearing good things about them.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsers! I am in love! <3

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Well, hello there! I can totally understand why you bought that setting; it's gorgeous! The spinel looks top notch too.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! I love both the setting and the stone! You have a gorgeous collection!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
The setting is lovely and the center stone is really vibrant! Congratulations!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I can definitely see why the setting spoke to you! Its beautiful. And your stone is lovely too, it looks perfect with your setting :love: And those PRONGS! Yummy :lickout:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAAZZZZZIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both the stone and the mounting are gorgeous! Please put me in your will. Thanks so much! LOL!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
swoon! Damn you for not having the same ring size as me!!!! ;(

Congrats Alj, wear it in good health, it's gorgeous!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! I love that setting, very substantial and blingy.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Breathtaking! that definitely is "swoon-worthy" work by IDJ! Gorgeous setting (and photography, too, btw!) and it looks just beautiful on your hand.

Glad you were in the right place at the right time with PRima Gems... :appl:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I love all the diamonds!! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!!! There you go AGAIN!!! :appl: That is a beauty!!! :love: Such a pretty and unique setting, and I do love red spinel! :appl:

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Delicious! :love: :love: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My Hgb is low--please send RED! :love: Promise to return :devil: when I regain my health.... :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that RED!!! And the setting is spectacular, congrats!!! :love: :love: :love:

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Has your ring said anything about missing my finger at all? :tongue:

It is such an amazing ring and I can't get the setting out of my head. It is a perfect pairing and looks amazing on you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results