clarity

Cushion ASET, Help Please. :D

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
cushionaset.jpg

Is this cushion any good? It's a little over 2.5 carats J SI 1

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Pretty good image for a black background ASET. Who took that image?

Could be promising for a vintage 8 main, ask the vendor if the blue areas(in the centre looks like a bowtie) remain dark with slight tilting or if they light up and show fire with movement.

If you can get some plain photographs with the stone in various tilt positions this will be helpful.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
CCL:
It's Whiteflash, and it's actually being sold second hand they just happened to have kept the images including the aset and IS.

cushion%20is.jpg
diamond%20pic.jpg

a little over 2.5 carats J SI 1

Proportions:
Depth: 63.4%
Table: 55%
Girdle: Thin to Thick, Faceted
Culet: Medium

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life said:
CCL:
It's Whiteflash, and it's actually being sold second hand they just happened to have kept the images including the aset and IS.

cushion%20is.jpg
diamond%20pic.jpg

a little over 2.5 carats J SI 1

Proportions:
Depth: 63.4%
Table: 55%
Girdle: Thin to Thick, Faceted
Culet: Medium

Is Whiteflash selling it or the original buyer? I would have it checked out by an apparaisor to match grading report and for damage just in case if its the buyer.

Take a look at this http://www.vimeo.com/15185665

The Light Performance of this one will be not as good as an AVC (1st one top row left) but on par or better than the two generic vintage 8 mains (2nd and 3rd ones one top row centre and right).

Have you seen a lot of cushions in person?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
CCL:

It is the original buyer with all the original receipts and GIA report documents as well as an appraisal for her own insurance. I've seen a lot of antique cushions in person and I am completely enamored with them. I don't particularly like the AVCs, no doubt they are beautiful.. but they seem a little too "clinical" to me. I actually used to own one (we sold it to pay for my Grandpa's outstanding medical bills from a hospitalization). Do you think it would have a definite bow-tie effect?

Attached are previous photos of my truely antique cushion that was sold (and I completely loved it).. no bowtie effect.. and a fireball.

ROL2.jpg
ROL4.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZidjIBH1y8

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life said:
CCL:

It is the original buyer with all the original receipts and GIA report documents as well as an appraisal for her own insurance. I've seen a lot of antique cushions in person and I am completely enamored with them. I don't particularly like the AVCs, no doubt they are beautiful.. but they seem a little too "clinical" to me. I actually used to own one (we sold it to pay for my Grandpa's outstanding medical bills from a hospitalization). Do you think it would have a definite bow-tie effect?

So if I understand you, you prefer smaller flashes than an AVC and less symmetry while still maintaining the vintage 8 main style. Based on that this stones seems like a decent candidate especially if you are getting a good second hand discount.

I am seeing some obstruction in the ASET(blue) and in the photograph(black) under the table and elsewhere. However the Idealscope which has a different cone of obstruction is not showing this quite as much. What this tells me is that at some angles and viewing distances you will see some darkness but in others this will return light and be a source of scintillation in those same areas.

The only way to tell if this is acceptable to you is to get a good video or a sarin scan and .srn file which can be used to simulate video.
Otherwise viewing in person would be the ultimate best.

A good appraisor can take a sarin scan and I would be happy to generate both an ASET and Plain video with the stone in motion if that works for you, but nothing beats viewing it in person.

Good-Luck,
CCL

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
sarin.jpg

Is this the sarin scan?
Price is $10k with a 30 day money back guarantee .

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life said:
sarin.jpg

Is this the sarin scan?
Price is $10k with a 30 day money back guarantee .

Its part of it but I need all the data the .srn file which WF doesn't normally provide.
How does a private sellor provide a 30 day money back guarantee?

Okay pric for a diamond of this size and cut quality probably discounted at 20 - 30%.
Closest comparable http://www.bluenile.com/cushion-diamond-2-carat-very-good-cut-j-color-si1-clarity_LD01660131

Sarin data doesn't match the grading report data you posted before (table size for example) this is not that unusual but it might mean some scan error. The reson for the obstruction is the pavilion is slightly shallow for the crown

Can you see this stone at an appraisor prior to purchase I would suggest it.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
It is a seller on Ebay (and under returns it states a 30 day money back return policy). It will be paid for with a CC (paid off in full) to provide additional protection. It seems like this is more of a hassel than a blessing.

Thanks CCL for everything ! Any stones you'd recommend for 12k max?

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life said:
It is a seller on Ebay (and under returns it states a 30 day money back return policy). It will be paid for with a CC (paid off in full) to provide additional protection. It seems like this is more of a hassel than a blessing.

Thanks CCL for everything ! Any stones you'd recommend for 12k max?

I think you will have trouble matching that stone even for 12k.
But if you were to try asking the usual suspects would be the best place to look.

ERD, Artofplatinum, GOG, Whiteflash.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results