shape
carat
color
clarity

Congratulations to GOG on getting their AV patent!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know quite a few of you were aware that Jonathan at GOG was undergoing the process of getting a patent for his AV (I think at this point it's only the cushion but I'm not quite sure) and I saw him announce today that it has been done!

This is quite the big deal for many reasons but one of course is because this is the first of it's kind! It is based on Optical Design and not just facet structure. (ie. Diamonds can share the same facet structure yet have different and varying optics).

I know how many of us LOVE the AV line and were thrilled when Jonathan began selling the protypes (I was at one point fortunate to own one of the first unbranded ones) and he has done something amazing being able to cater to a wide market (especially those who don't care to spend time/money hunting for a vintage stone with the rare optics that these have).

So Jonathan-CONGRATULATIONS to your astounding achievement. For creating a product that has brought many people joy and countless people in love-that we can all enjoy for many years to come. I am happy that you were able to push fourth and get the patent for all your hard work and pray continued blessings for you and your business though out the years.

I would love to hear whatever details this means going forward and if you plan on doing anymore of it's kind (whatever you can share of course within the guidelines).

I know this is a big deal in the industry. Do you think others will follow suit and will be able to do what you have done since you have 'paved the road' per say?

Yay August Vintage and GOG!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Jon. For those of use who purchased prior to the official AV name, can we still refer to them as AVCs?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you kindly. It is a very exciting day for us here at GOG and we are all rejoicing and celebrating.

This patent is for the August Vintage(R) Cushion.

As other things transpire I will be sharing but this is the first and a first for me personally. While I give thanks first to the Lord for guiding me, and my wife for her love and support, and Yoram who, with his skills brought my original vision to reality... I'm forever grateful but there is one more thanks that I truly need to emphasize and that is to this awesome PriceScope community who, without listening to your requests over the years is what truly planted the seeds to create the August Vintage line.

To my knowledge it is the first Ideal cut diamond born from an online community because without you guys it would have never been.

Forever grateful,
Jonathan

PS: And yep Chrono ... even before they were named and Arjunajane published her very first pictures in SMTB... you can call them August Vintage for sure as they originate here.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! This is very exciting news! :appl:

Julescott

Rough_Rock
I'm new to this community, and I'm thrilled for you. The AV is my dream stone, and I'm among those who appreciate the ingenuity and imagination that went into creating something that I hope the next generation will recognize as a diamond hallmark for this one. Good for you and all your staff and family!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Jon!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so happy for you and proud to own an AVR stone, but still have the AVC on my list! ;))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Rhino and everyone at Good Old Gold!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! I am hoping to own one of my very own in the future. They are beautiful!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jonathan, congratulations. It takes a lot of effort to obtain a patent after all the time spent in developing something truly worthy in the first place. You should feel very blessed to have achieved this milestone. Are you going to mark these patented stones in some way that others who might examine them can readily differentiate them from slightly different or non-patented versions? This would be useful not only to appraisers, but also for consumers who might later wish to sell or upgrade.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my AVC.. and dream of a 2 carat AVR.. and with luck maybe someday.. the stones sing. GOG !!! congratulations.!!!!

Added: You know Jon and to all at GOG.. when I was in the midst of buying my stone.. it was between an 1.37 I SI 1 and 1.33 K VS2.. I hemmed hawed and was worried about the little dot being seen (personally, now I think I sort of was more worried than I should have been but that's me).. BUT I said to Stephanie and I think to David also.. WHY are these stones not worn by 'celebrity' people.. I see stones on these women's hands that are not as nice as my AVC.. Stephanie said "I know!!!" :) to me maybe now even more so you will have many more people and Hollywood types wearing these gorgeous stones.. :) again ! congratulations to you, your wife and to the community here... while you designed your stone with Mr. Yoram.. without the enthusiasm here, I'm sure I would have gone for a MRB..

vintagelover229|1398786910|3662726 said:
I know quite a few of you were aware that Jonathan at GOG was undergoing the process of getting a patent for his AV (I think at this point it's only the cushion but I'm not quite sure) and I saw him announce today that it has been done!

This is quite the big deal for many reasons but one of course is because this is the first of it's kind! It is based on Optical Design and not just facet structure. (ie. Diamonds can share the same facet structure yet have different and varying optics).

I know how many of us LOVE the AV line and were thrilled when Jonathan began selling the protypes (I was at one point fortunate to own one of the first unbranded ones) and he has done something amazing being able to cater to a wide market (especially those who don't care to spend time/money hunting for a vintage stone with the rare optics that these have).

So Jonathan-CONGRATULATIONS to your astounding achievement. For creating a product that has brought many people joy and countless people in love-that we can all enjoy for many years to come. I am happy that you were able to push fourth and get the patent for all your hard work and pray continued blessings for you and your business though out the years.

I would love to hear whatever details this means going forward and if you plan on doing anymore of it's kind (whatever you can share of course within the guidelines).

I know this is a big deal in the industry. Do you think others will follow suit and will be able to do what you have done since you have 'paved the road' per say?

Yay August Vintage and GOG!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations Jonathan. The vision, dedication, and long hours of work involved make this a truly impressive accomplishment.

We would also like to take this opportunity to recognize you for all your contributions to consumer education and especially for shining a bright light on the importance of diamond cut quality.

May you keep on bringing fire and brilliance to the market :wink2:

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

I am assuming it is for this patent application: http://www.google.com/patents/US20110302960

A few questions:
Was the final patent extended to all gemstones or limited to just diamonds?
How does this affect other people who may presently be selling diamonds that meet this criteria (if there are any)?

Wishing you good luck on the AVR patent application, as well ! http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20120180525

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! That's quite the feat! :appl:

Now that you're on the road to fame and fortune, might there be an upcoming GOG/AVR discount to help us celebrate with you?? :naughty:

qwedsy

Rough_Rock
Congratulations to Jonathan and other GOG members! What a great news, though I was already on cloud nine since it also happens to be the shipping day of my e-ring AVR - yay! But hey, now that it's a special celebration for you too, feel free to include some of the cake in my parcel. :lickout:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is awesome Jonathon! I look forward to hearing more about it at the Vegas show in a few weeks.

Wink

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Do you think you'll be getting an AVR patent, too?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Jonathan! Your AVC's are gorgeous! Count me as another who would love to own one someday :))

fritzi

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! The AVCs are so mesmerizing and truly stand out from all other cuts. It is my dream to own one of these beauties someday and I look forward to the opportunity to stare into it for hours. :naughty:

CanuckAB

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! They are truly breathtaking and deserve to be in demand!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news!!! Congratulation...pop the cork!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to add how much I love this community...so very nice of the other vendors and appraisers to post here congratulating Jon, too! :appl: I have such respect for all of you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results