shape
carat
color
clarity

My pearls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I''d post pictures of my pearl collection together with my recent purchases. The first is a collage of my rings, three rings in all, 2 white south seas and 1 tahitian. I have tried to show the handshot as well as the side view of the rings.

SSPearlRingsCollage.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
The second is a collage of my earrings. All are south sea pearl earrings except for the chandelier earrings. The pearls on the chandelier earrings are drop freshwater pearls and as I have not worn this and don''t think I will, I intend to part with this. I wear the rest a lot with my work attire.

SSPearlEarringsCollage.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
This is my south sea pearl necklace. It is 16 inches long, has a diamond flower clasp and the pearls are from 9mm to more than 11mm (can''t remember the exact measurements). I wear this occasionally with formal work attire.

SSWhiteCollage.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
This is the strand of silvery blue tahitian necklace that I have just received earlier this week. It is from Pearl Paradise and according to the website, it is graded "highest" for lustre. The pictures do show the metallic lustre quite well.

SSTahitianRoundCollage1.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
These are my 18 inches white south seas and golden south seas baroque necklaces. The white south seas are approximately 9-12mm and the golden ones are approximately 10-13+mm.

SSSouthSeasBaroqueCollage1.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
These are my tahitian baroque pearl necklaces from Pearl Paradise. The first one on the right is a dark green strand with peacock overtones. The one is the middle is greenish-aubergine and matches khaki outfits really well. The third is from my recent purchase and is green drop shaped necklace with a lot of purple overtones.

SSTahitianBaroqueCollage.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Next are my freshwater strands. The first strand on the right is a gem quality 9.5mm strand. The second strand is a 7.5-8.0mm double strand necklace from the recent purchase from Pearl Paradise. The third is a 8.5mm gem quality single 26" long strand. The last is a gray AAA quality 9.5-10mm strand.

SSFreshPearlCollage.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hi SS, lovely pearls.

What overtones are your TPO gem quality strands? It looks silvery in the photo.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
SS, your pearl collection is just beautiful!!!!
30.gif

Do you wear your pearl rings often? I find that I very rarely wear mine because they sit quite high and I''m always worried about hitting and damaging them since I wear them on my right hand and I''m right-handed. How do you avoid "hurting" them when you wear them?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love all your pearls! ALL OF THEM! Are you satisfied with your new Pearl Paradise stuff?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous!! I tried really hard to pick a favorite.... but I couldn''t!!! Enjoy them all!!!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Simply Splendid, your pearls are all lovely! I can''t decide which I like best. Thanks for posting all of the pics.

I have a question about your freshwater strands: can you see a pronounced difference between the gem quality and the AAA''s? I''m considering my first strand and am evaluating where to spend my money.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind comments! It is quite hard to photograph pearls and pick up the overtones. I noticed that the pictures of my tahitian baroques didn''t quite show the colours in real life.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Lovinggems, the freshwater strands have silver overtones except for the double strand which has a rose overtone.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi DiaDiva, I agree, I wear my pearl rings a lot less often for fear of the damaging it. That said, as the pearls plus ring is quite heavy, I am always consious about it when I am wearing it, so I tend to be a little more careful than while I am wearing my other rings.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 11:43:25 AM
Author: y2kitty
I love all your pearls! ALL OF THEM! Are you satisfied with your new Pearl Paradise stuff?
Hi y2kitty, I love all my purchases, the lustre on each of the pieces were superb. I do trust the description and grading on their website, it has been quite accurate.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
simplysplendid, I recently bought a tin cup from PP and when I first took it out I thought one of the pearls was blemished badly (the website had said no blemishing on these pearls). When I looked at it longer, I realized it was some type of glue/gel substance and it wiped right off with the pearl wipes they sent. It was so weird, I have no idea what it was but I wonder how it got on there and sent out like that!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY SMOKES, those rings and the necklaces, my word!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
The earrings, oh my, your collection is amazing. I would LOVE to try on one of those rings
3.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 3:42:38 PM
simplysplendid, I recently bought a tin cup from PP and when I first took it out I thought one of the pearls was blemished badly (the website had said no blemishing on these pearls). When I looked at it longer, I realized it was some type of glue/gel substance and it wiped right off with the pearl wipes they sent. It was so weird, I have no idea what it was but I wonder how it got on there and sent out like that!
Hmm.. sounds like they''ve got the glue from the box or from the parcel onto the necklace! Did you raise this to Jeremy Shepherd?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 11:20:34 PM
Author: simplysplendid

Hmm.. sounds like they''ve got the glue from the box or from the parcel onto the necklace! Did you raise this to Jeremy Shepherd?

No, I didn''t bother. My guess would be that it is glue from the box as well. I live in Arizona and it was well over 100 the day it was delivered, at 5 pm, so it sat on a hot truck for more than 12 hours. I don''t think its anything PP did really.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA I wish I could come play in your jewelry box! I always dream of having treasures like that!
30.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 11:26:35 PM

Date: 9/20/2009 11:20:34 PM
Author: simplysplendid

No, I didn''t bother. My guess would be that it is glue from the box as well. I live in Arizona and it was well over 100 the day it was delivered, at 5 pm, so it sat on a hot truck for more than 12 hours. I don''t think its anything PP did really.
I saw from your thread that the pearls were of very high quality. Jeremy runs a very reputable business indeed.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 2:44:58 PM
Author: Gayletmom
Simply Splendid, your pearls are all lovely! I can''t decide which I like best. Thanks for posting all of the pics.

I have a question about your freshwater strands: can you see a pronounced difference between the gem quality and the AAA''s? I''m considering my first strand and am evaluating where to spend my money.
Hi Gayle,

I took a look and at first glance, it seems that there is little difference in quality between the gem quality pearls vs AAA pearls. Then I remembered that my gem quality strands were from TPO and my AAA double strand was from Pearl Paradise. I read somewhere that TPO gem quality focus on roundness or something whereas Pearl Paradise focus on orient. I was also lucky that for some reason, Pearl Paradise hand picked my double strand of rose tone AAA pearls. I suspect that you will see a difference if you are comparing the gem quality pearls with the AAA pearls from Pearl Paradise, since there orient on their gem quality pearls. I hope this helps.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful pearl collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results