shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s for dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have four and a half hours before DH comes home for dinner tonight?

What''s everyone making?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shredded beef sammiches and cole slaw. But you can't make that in this amount of time. And actually, this was frozen from leftovers.

btw, I never told you, I finally saw the whole Elf movie. It WAS great!
9.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
DH is being a dear and cooking for me tonight. He''s making breakfast. I am such a fan of breakfast for dinner!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 4:58:54 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
DH is being a dear and cooking for me tonight. He's making breakfast. I am such a fan of breakfast for dinner!
I am the only one of us that loves this, so we rarely have it. Whatcha havin exactly?

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I made the marinade for carne asada last night and had my DH pour it over the meat a couple hours ago when he had his break. Should be ready to be grilled in about 7 hours. Having taco night with homemade salsa at our house.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 4:58:35 PM
Author: Ellen
Shredded beef sammiches and cole slaw. But you can''t make that in this amount of time. And actually, this was frozen from leftovers.
Hey!! Meeeee toooo. But mine is leftovers from last night''s Slow Cooker dinner. I was working from home yesterday and was tormented for 8 hrs with the heavenly scents. By the dinner time I practically inhaled that sammich.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen--YAY for watching all of Elf! It''s a classic, as far as I''m concerned.
9.gif
Your sandwiches sound delicious.

NEL--I LOVE breakfast for dinner! Oh my gosh, it''s my favorite. Too bad DH isn''t too into it, or I''d make breakfast for dinner all the time.

swl--Very interesting. I''m going to have to check into that. I love learning about new foods.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 5:00:21 PM

Date: 7/16/2009 4:58:54 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
DH is being a dear and cooking for me tonight. He''s making breakfast. I am such a fan of breakfast for dinner!
I am the only one of us that loves this, so we rarely have it. Whatcha havin exactly?
I''m not sure!! DH is definitely not the cook of the house, but breakfast is easy. I think he''ll probably just make some omelettes, which is fine with me!

Haven--I would definitely make breakfast for dinner more often as well if my DH liked it as much as I do. I used to make this yummy breakfast casserole for dinner and he finally asked me to stop making it because it was just so unhealthy. That''s the downside...

Whatever you make, I''m sure it will be delicious!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I actually decided (at the wonderful suggestion of one of the LIWs) to make a romantic dinner for DH tonight. Just started cooking! I''m making salmon teriyaki, salad, and stuffed shells and manicotti.

Along with some wine and candles
1.gif

I''m sooo hungry but he won''t be home for another 2 hours!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m choosing among the several Lean Cuisine or WW frozen dinners that are stocked in the freezer. Since we moved into this TINY apartment in our new city, the kitchen isn''t really suitable for a lot of real cooking. We''ve been eating a lot of sandwiches and other things that don''t require a lot of effort.

This isn''t the answer you were looking for though, right?
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 5:04:57 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 7/16/2009 4:58:35 PM
Shredded beef sammiches and cole slaw. But you can''t make that in this amount of time. And actually, this was frozen from leftovers.
Hey!! Meeeee toooo. But mine is leftovers from last night''s Slow Cooker dinner. I was working from home yesterday and was tormented for 8 hrs with the heavenly scents. By the dinner time I practically inhaled that sammich.
9.gif
I LOVE these. My slaw tain''t bad either, if I do say so maself.
18.gif

Haven, do you have any fish? That''s quick. Or, get online and search easy summer meals. There''s just a ton of stuff out there!

And yes, the movie is great, and I thought of you while watching it!
2.gif

NEL, I love omelets! And I love brekkie casseroles too. I have one that''s Mexican, really good. No one else likes it much.
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wots shredded beef simmiches?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m making italian chicken cutlets and steamed asparagus. I''ll probably just make pasta for our picky son
emsmilep.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My quick go-to meal is hamburger helper!

I use lean ground turkey instead of ground beef, skim milk, and put in some chopped mushrooms and corn while I brown up the turkey (or whatever veggie I have around). I like the Cheesy nacho type, and I usually eat it over rice or paste.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Im making homemade burgers! because the sun is out here thank god and i have to be a good aussie and get my SO on the bbq asap!! i dont care for bought burgers though so im going old fashioned....

Oh and im thinking of getting some blue cheese to put on them?!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 5:24:07 PM
Author: Lorelei
You take a beef chuck roast (at least that's what I use), and slooooooowww cook it, til it's so tender you can just shred it apart. Shred and return to crock pot, with enough juice from cooking to have it very moist. Serve on bun/bread of choice and voila! Shredded beef sammiches.
18.gif

As for seasoning, I either use a packet of dry onion soup for every 3 lbs., or sometimes I use a packet of Good Seasons Italian dressing. Just depends on me mood.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 5:38:06 PM

Date: 7/16/2009 5:24:07 PM
You take a beef chuck roast (at least that''s what I use), and slooooooowww cook it, til it''s so tender you can just shred it apart. Shred and return to crock pot, with enough juice from cooking to have it very moist. Serve on bun/bread of choice and voila! Shredded beef sammiches.
18.gif

As for seasoning, I either use a packet of dry onion soup for every 3 lbs., or sometimes I use a packet of Good seasons Italian dressing. Just depends on me mood.
Fankies!!!
emangel.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 5:37:34 PM
Author: Blackpaw
Im making homemade burgers! because the sun is out here thank god and i have to be a good aussie and get my SO on the bbq asap!! i dont care for bought burgers though so im going old fashioned....

Oh and im thinking of getting some blue cheese to put on them?!
emthup.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 5:39:07 PM

Fankies!!!
emangel.gif
Most welcome!
41.gif

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been so forgetful lately. I don''t really understand what is happening to me. So, can you believe I forgot about dinner until this very moment?
emembarrassed.gif

We''ll be eating out.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hamburgers and fries from whole foods! Yum..not healthy, but yum!
18.gif

ETA: And Blackpaw just saw that you're making burgers..blue cheese is sooo yummy!!! So that definitely gets a yes vote.
36.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Blue cheese it is
36.gif
thank you for justifying my habit...my cheese habit that is...

Now these shredded beef gravy sammiches things.....they sound delicious! what kind of cut of meet is ''chuck'', where do i get it!?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Going out to Steak night at the club... Yummm.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 5:52:58 PM
Author: Blackpaw
Blue cheese it is
36.gif
thank you for justifying my habit...my cheese habit that is...

Now these shredded beef gravy sammiches things.....they sound delicious! what kind of cut of meet is ''chuck'', where do i get it!?

Ugh I so feel you on the cheese habit..I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
cheese way too much!!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 5:38:06 PM

As for seasoning, I either use a packet of dry onion soup for every 3 lbs., or sometimes I use a packet of Good Seasons Italian dressing. Just depends on me mood.

i use dry onion soup too! after it mixes in with the meat juices, it makes fantastic gravy! yum!

not sure what we''re doing for dinner tonight. BF and i just came back from the pool, and we''re trying to get some painting done so we''ll probably order in some food.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Sweet Italian Sausage Tortellini (in the grocer''s refrigerated section) with Classico Tomato Basil Sauce.
Savory artisan bread, fresh from the bakery, made into garlic toast.
A leaf lettuce, tomato, radish, carrot salad. ''Cause that''s all I have in my crisper.
28.gif

Fresh cantalope and strawberries, maybe w/ sorbet, for dessert.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 5:15:27 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I''m choosing among the several Lean Cuisine or WW frozen dinners that are stocked in the freezer. Since we moved into this TINY apartment in our new city, the kitchen isn''t really suitable for a lot of real cooking. We''ve been eating a lot of sandwiches and other things that don''t require a lot of effort.

This isn''t the answer you were looking for though, right?
3.gif
I had to giggle.
2.gif

That is so us on any given night.
9.gif
We work long hours and aren''t home until after 8pm most nights. Big meals have little attraction for us.

Hey, have you checked out the Marie Callender''s frozen dinners? Like the turkey and dressing? We love them; and although the sodium content is a bit high, the calories aren''t.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
well last night i made chicken/spinach enchiladas and a batch a spinach/black bean as well. both were delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results