shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Maytal Hannah Sapphire Engagement Ring Experience

gemnoobie

Rough_Rock
I perused this forum frequently when I was searching for a sapphire engagement ring earlier this year. I've been meaning to write about my shopping experience since I found the information on this site to be extremely useful in my search.

I ended up with a 3.42 cushion-cut blue sapphire with a thin pave platinum band (pic attached) from Maytal Hannah. I had contacted most of the main sapphire vendors that are recommended on this site as well as a number of setting providers but initially had little luck. However, when I came across a few of Maytal's pieces on this site I knew that I wanted her to build our ring since I absolutely loved her work. Unfortunately, I was on a tight timeline since I wanted to propose to my girlfriend on a previously planned trip and I seriously underestimated the amount of time that was needed to source a stone and find a setting. Maytal was amazing. I asked her to see if she could help source a stone since I was not having any luck with any of the 'usual suspects.' She was able to find several stones within my budget (I was OK with heat treatment only). She ended up shipping the finished ring to our hotel the day before we arrived. The final product looks absolutely stunning! There was a line up of girls pawing over the ring on the night that I proposed and my fiance gets comments on how beautiful the ring is on almost a daily basis. I could not be happier with working with Maytal Hannah and am very happy that I decided to go with a blue sapphire!

I'm going to have my fiance's wedding band made by Maytal as well. Any band suggestions would be welcome!

1_42.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! We need hand shots after the proposal.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
WOW that is a STUNNER!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: Can't wait to see some in real life pics!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How does one get in contact with her and is she exspensive?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! Please, please come back after the proposal with handshots. We need to see more of this incredible sapphire.

I'd also be interested in hearing more details about your experiences with Maytal Hannah.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oh love the setting! MH does beautiful work! your FI is a lucky lady! can't wait for more shots!

gemnoobie

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks for all your comments! I've posted a few close-ups but apologize for the quality of the pics. They don't really do a good job of showing the true color of the gem in natural light. The sapphire is really lighter and more of a royal blue.

I found Maytal's pricing to be very reasonable and seemed to be in line with the other places I looked into. I think what really set her apart was her was her customer service and the quality of her work. She really went out of her way to help me meet my deadline and she was so easy to work with. Her contact info is found on her website: http://www.maytalhannah.com/

1.JPG

3.JPG

002-1.JPG

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That's a fabulous sapphire and ring, and it looks amazingly lovely on (I am assuming?) your fiancee's hand. Yes, gemstones are really hard to photograph accurately--speaking from experience.

Thank you for the feedback on your experience with Maytal Hannah. Everyone who has commissioned work from her comments on what a nice person she is.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, very pretty! The prongs look spot on. I am impressed with the mostly positive reviews for MH.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply beautiful! I don't suppose she shared with you the stats of the sapphire (origin, measurements, etc)? Do you have any side/profile view of the ring?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous!!! :love: You really should post on the Show Me the Bling forum, though, because so many more people will see it there! Actually, if you click "Report Concern", you could ask the moderators to move this thread over there.

Maytal does lovely work and sapphires are my favorite colored gemstone!

Blue-Seeker

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty ring. That sapphire is a wonderful color. Great contrast with the diamond halo.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring, and stone!! Congrats on your engagement!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Ring! And congratulations on being engaged! I 2nd Chrono on stats for that beautiful sapphire.
~Justin

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I just keep coming back to this thread. That is probably the best sapphire engagement ring I have ever seen on PS. I just think the setting is devine....LOVE IT!

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhhhhhh....that is just gorgeous. It's even better than Kate Middleton's ring, which I find a bit old-fashioned. This sapphire is a brighter blue, I think, and the square-ish shape of the whole design makes it modern. I love it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

ThrillofIce1014

Rough_Rock
:love: Gorgeous! What a lucky woman and what a wonderful fiance she has! That is absolutely my dream ring if I were to get a sapphire.

Would you recommend Maytal Hannah? And how were they in terms of staying within budget?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my, gorgeous!! :appl: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is definitely up there in the pantheon of beautiful sapphire ERs; it is so delicate yet the halo really sets the stone off beautifully. Being as I'm not a halo gal, I think that is the first sapphire halo which makes me want one...and those prongs are lovely!

diwifi

Rough_Rock
This is unbelievable, it is exactly what i have been looking for over the last 6months.

This is my 1st post so i hope i dont offend when i ask how much you paid for it.. my budget is the 5k mark.. would i be able to get something similar for this price?

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting your experience with Maytal. This is an amazing ring and it looks so lovely on your fiance's hand! :love: :love: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This posting is from 2011. It's probably best to contact Maytal Hannah directly from pricing since she was responsible for the entire ring. I don't think 5K is going to be enough for this ring.

StaceyCA

Rough_Rock
This ring is incredible. Did you all find her. She did my rings. So incredible to work with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results