shape
carat
color
clarity

Freke''s wedding shoe story.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I originally wanted these (Haven will remember these!):
Stuart%20Weitzman%20Hotspots.jpg

But they were originally $600+ and the only store that was carrying them was sold out in my size. I think they only had a 6 and a 10 left. But they were gold anyway, and I'm really a cool color person.

So I dismissed them as a choice, and went searching for something of a similar shape that would be more...me.

Which led me to these, the blank canvas:
SW%20sashay.jpg

But they were still $325, and even though I'm sure if I had pushed the idea on my parents, I probably would have felt incredibly guilty about it. Because $325 is a lot to pay for shoes when I wasn't even engaged yet. So I didn't buy them and I didn't even ask.

And then they sold out of my size. So I gave up on them.

Then one day, shortly after my mom passed away, a friend gave me a very generous gift, a gift card to Zappos. What can I say, she knows me well! So I immediately went to Zappos and started poking around looking for shoes. It came down to a choice between two-Black Betsey Johnson's (the "Nalani", if you're interested) and OMG, they had my Stuart Weitzman "Sashay" back! AND, they were on sale from the $325 to $231. So even though I probably should have used the money towards food or something practical, with my wonderful friend's persuasion (she's obsessed with Weitzmans), I conceded and bought the Sashays.

IMG_2734%20freke%20sized.jpg

And while beautiful, they just weren't "Freke" enough. Maybe I could dye them blue...maybe I could add rhinestones to them and make them look like the the "Hotspots"...maybe I could do both. Or maybe I could just leave them plain.

In the end...I chose rhinestones. But of course I chose blue rhinestones. Technically, Crystal, Crystal Aurora Borealis, Aquamarine and Sapphire. And I used "Hotspots" as my model...But I didn't want as many crystals.

For reference, only bigger:
Hotspots%20BIG.jpg

So 8 packages of Swarovski crystals later (4 crystal, 1 sapphire, 2 aquamarine and 1 crystal Aurora Borealis), 3 types of glue and attempting to use the hot iron to fix them to the shoes, this is what I got:

IMG_3274 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_3269 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_3271 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
...they all still have a few wet glue spots visible...

IMG_3277 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ering decided to play with his new little friends...

IMG_3280 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I might still go buy one more pack of crystals and add a few more (only about 30 in each package), but I think I''m going to have to wait a couple of days so my eyes will stop squinting and my neck and back stop hurting from leaning over. I had added 5 packs last night, but they just looked too unfinished, so I went back today, got three more bags, and TADA!

Hope you guys enjoy. And agree with me that they have now been Freke-tified!

IMG_3285 freke.jpg

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I am supposed to not be looking in BBW for mental health reasons but I have no willpower and I can''t pretend I didn''t see these so...

AHHHHH YAY!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

They are simply fantastic. Very you! And gorgeous! You really are a shoe guru.
2.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
awww freke they are very cute and so you :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww...thanks Wishful! You are too sweet! I''m glad you like them!

Thanks Smurfy! I''m really excited about them. Last night I was worried they wouldn''t come out right, and I''d have to take them all off and have horrid little glue spots all over. Yuck!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
They look awesome, you seriously have some guts I don''t know if I could have done that to $200+ shoes however it definitly paid off :D.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW Freke!!! They look sensational!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I wouldn''t have the nerve to try and pull something like that off, but you have done an incredible job.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey Freke,

I think you did an AMAZING job. And best of all, they are totally unique, so no one is going to be wearing those shoes (ever) but you.

HOWEVER, I seriously think you area WILD WOMAN for approaching a pair of 230+ shoes with a glue gun. I would have been much to chicken to attempt that. Can you imagine the potential for disaster? As I was reading, I was freaking out for you.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re so cool Freke!! They look amazing!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Fan-freakin-tabulous!!!! And seriously, I would have needed sedation before I took to an expensive pair of shoes with a glue gun but they look AMAZING!!!!
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are cool! Very creative and pretty.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Freke-they look AMAZING! I love them! You are so crafty! They look like they came like that!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those came out fantastically!
Kudos to you for being brave enough to glue something to a $230 pair of shoes. I''d never be able to do it.

I love them!
36.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 3:36:27 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I might still go buy one more pack of crystals and add a few more (only about 30 in each package), but I think I''m going to have to wait a couple of days so my eyes will stop squinting and my neck and back stop hurting from leaning over. I had added 5 packs last night, but they just looked too unfinished, so I went back today, got three more bags, and TADA!

Hope you guys enjoy. And agree with me that they have now been Freke-tified!

I think they look great Freke! So original, and will just pop when they peak out under your wedding gown.

IMHO, if you are going to buy more, I would apply them to the upper rim and fill in the holes, if you wanted to mimick you original gold shoe! Let us know how they turn out!!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Freke- those are fabulous! I love how creative you are! You will have so much fun wearing those shoes on your big day.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
These shoes scream "Frekechild" and I love it!!! They are absolutely perfect!! You were able to take classic white shoes and add bue AND rhinestones in a way that is completely original and so much fun!!! All of your hard work (and some bravery!) paid off--they are absolutely perfect for you!! Job well done!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
wow they look great! you are soo good. i love them! i wish i could do something like that. but would never have the courage!> LOL - THEY LOOK AWESOME! I WANT SOME FOR MYSELF!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
They look AMAZING! I''ve been dying to see what you came up with.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous!! Classy, sexy, fun and beautiful, just like you.
2.gif
Well done, m'dear! They are perfect!
36.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Freke those are AMAZING! You did a GREAT JOB! I am obsessed!!!
30.gif
30.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
OMG they freaken awsome!!! They really look soo cool! I dont think it needs anymore... but maybe its hard to tell if they are unfinished in the pics...but seriously... they look awesome... and WOW to you for doing it to your $230 shoes.. i would be soo chicken.. LOL... i bought a pair i might try out though on the heels.. on let u know how it goes ;-)

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
You did such a beautiful job.
Have you ever consider making a career out of this....

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG, they''re awesome!!!! They turned out much better than I was envisioning. They are definately Freke-tified.
30.gif

I guess those are outside of our agreed price range, but I am not going to let you forget that you owe me a pair of shoes.
36.gif

Speaking of shoes...I went to Nordstrom Rack for the first time in 10 years, and I bought four pairs of shoes!! I will take pics and post in my thread later. I almost snatched up a pair of amazing Weitzman''s but I was all about comfort yesterday and not heels.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly! Definitely original - nobody else will have shoes like yours! (Unless you inspire some PSers to DIY their shoes as well.)

If you add more, will you vary the size of crystals at all, as Stuart Weitzman did (I think; it looks to me as though there are some larger rhinestones near the edges and some smaller ones further down on the shoe)?

Have you given though to what your dress will look like now that the shoes are embellished with blue? I seem to recall that you were thinking of silver. I also saw a wonderful blue wedding dress on the Brooklyn Bride blog the other day.

ETA: nevermind, I see that you did vary your rhinestone sizes! that, in my opinion, is part of what makes them look more 'professionally' decorated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results