shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow pear design idea, part 3 -- last call on Hooty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Ok, here''s one last, final idea, and then I won''t bother with the 3stone yellow pear "Hooty" designs. This is the actual diamond, and the actual setting it is in now. I thought "what the heck" and threw some side stones on it. Does it hoot? Also, would it be possible to add stones to an existing setting, or would a new wax need to be made?

crowssetting.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t understand why you are so hot to add those white rounds to a ring with the yellow pear. I just don''t think they work well together. Sorry, but the shapes and colors just seem incompatible to me.

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 4:13:31 PM
Author: MaryAlaina
I don''t understand why you are so hot to add those white rounds to a ring with the yellow pear. I just don''t think they work well together. Sorry, but the shapes and colors just seem incompatible to me.
I guess it''s because I am not interested in the split-prong-halo-pear solution for a ring. That is a lovely design, feminine and dainty. Several PSers have that sort of style for their pears, but that doesn''t look right for my hand. I guess I am interested in something different... my fingers don''t look good with "dainty" rings.

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 4:53:34 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
You know.. I know I''m against the grain here.. but I still just completely love the first setting you created.. I know some thought it was busy.. but.. I still think its beautiful.
2.gif

SanDiegoLady, it''s different strokes for different folks. I liked the designs as well, but part of my posts were to push the envelope with pears. To see what others could come up with. And who knows, maybe together well all collaborate on something new and fabulous.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I dont think its a matter of brainstorming. Something either works or it doesnt. It does not mean you cant make up a ring that you like even if its `unusual`. But you cant change the laws of what makes a good design that looks pleasing to the eye. I think your designs look like you were trying to use up existing diamonds instead of the design having its own merits.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
personally, I''m just not lovin the rounds next to the pear, no matter how they are set. I prefer some of your earlier designs to this on. But, it''s not my ring, it''s yours, you are the one who will be wearing it, looking at it, have the sentimental attachment to it, so I''d go and incorporate all the things that are important to you and not worry about what every one else thinks. i guarantee some gals will love it and some won''t, as is the case with any ring. the only one that has to love it is you.

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 5:40:27 PM
Author: mrssalvo
personally, I''m just not lovin the rounds next to the pear, no matter how they are set. I prefer some of your earlier designs to this on. But, it''s not my ring, it''s yours, you are the one who will be wearing it, looking at it, have the sentimental attachment to it, so I''d go and incorporate all the things that are important to you and not worry about what every one else thinks. i guarantee some gals will love it and some won''t, as is the case with any ring. the only one that has to love it is you.

MrsSalvo, whenever you post, I sit up and listen... I know you had a journey and a process for one of your rings.

In football there is the strategy of dropping back and punting. You mentioned the ring as having "sentimental value", but the truth is there is none with this ring! It was one diamond, misgraded and then found to be a VS2, Z++, and another diamond upgraded from an unwanted piece of jewelry. Trying to marry the two (with a third) and all these configurations makes me see your sig (yet again). If it''s not exactly what I want, then no matter how I cobble these two diamonds together is no bargain.

Thank you for your patience and willingness to post again on this topic... and thanks to the others who also took the time to post.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, there`s no harm in trying right? Now you can move on to the next plan of attack. Half the fun is in the journey anyway!!!!
36.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results