shape
carat
color
clarity

When did stack rings become so popular? Do you love ''em?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
The concept of stack rings seems relatively new to me. I think the first time I noticed them was when I read something about Jen Garner having a stack of Harry Winston rings as her engagement, wedding, and push present rings. And even though I got divorced after twenty years of marriage last August, I decided I loved the look and wanted to create my own stack.

Tiffany and Co. celebration rings are advertised for all of those things and also for birthday, acheivement, break-up, or whatever reason, and since I''d always wanted something from T&CO I decided that was the way to go. I bought them after being accepted to nursing school (following two years of pre-requisite classes) and to celebrate my divorce from an abusive husband. I finally stood up for myself, and after twenty years, I think that deserves a celebration.

I know there''s already a thread for stack rings, but I thought it would be fun to start a new one and include stories of how or why you got them. Also, if anyone has pictures of celebs with stack rings, could you post them too? I love seeing the pics!

These are the .33 carat RB channel half-circle in plat. and Elsa Peretti sterliing silver band.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I guess it would be nice if I''d upload the pic! Here it is:

terryt.cstack.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like stack rings in theory, but on my hand i feel like they never look quite right!! so i really never have gone that route though i do think it'd still be fun sometimes to have a few in diff stone colors and some diamonds and solid bands too. i have a 10 stone ring that could be stacked so i do think about flanking that one sometimes.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them and the versatility they offer...the only problem is I need more of them.
11.gif
It''s fun to mix it up sometimes.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do I love ''em! Yes I do! I currently stack a claddagh band with a peridot & diamond channel-set band. I want more bands with stones, most of mine are solid metal!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love them. FI is already planning on buying me the little Tiffany Jazz (bezel set rounds) band to stack with my ering and wband as a present sometime.
11.gif

I like to mix it up too, never been a person who could stick with the same piece of jewelry everyday!

togal

Shiny_Rock
I just love the stacked-ring look. I recently got a channel-set diamond band for my birthday, which I posted pictures of. After I got it, I went into Tiffany and tried on a few of the Celebration rings along with it -- one on either side of the new band, and it looked amazing! I realized that there is a whole world of endless options to change the look of my new ring. My husband suggested flanking it with square-cut sapphire bands, which I thought was a cool idea . I just love the idea that rings can be changed around and added to. It''s also a great marketing scheme for Tiffany!

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
Count me in as one who loves the stacked ring look.

I definitely hope to go that route eventually but since I am patiently waiting on an engagement ring, I''ve got to keep this wishlist under wraps until then!

While I love Jennifer Garner''s look, I like the smaller look. Giada Di Laurentiis from the Food Network has a fantastic stack of 3 very thin eternity bands. Two look like regular white diamonds, the one in the middle looks like a champagne color. They are so thin you hardly ever notice them.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 1:12:04 PM
Author: RxTechRN2b
Well, I guess it would be nice if I''d upload the pic! Here it is:
I wore rings like what you show in this pic for 13 years. I wore just my wedding band for 2 years then got an anniversary band for our renewal and wore the two together for many years until FINALLY getting greenlighted to get my engagement ring LOL I still love the look and plan to wear the two bands on my right hand. I didn''t know there was a term for it and I kinda get annoyed when something becomes trendy... I went all those years without anyone looking twice at my hand and then boom its a trend and the downside is then it becomes passe and then people look at you with the "oh that is soooo last year" sneer LOL

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them too!!! I have been noticing them for a few years now.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I love em! I have always liked band style rings and I like that you can wear several at once. I got a very thin eternity band earlier this year. I wear it solo on my RH and it looks great, and sometimes with another diamond band that I have. I tried it on recently with some Beverly K stack eternity rings and swoon! They were too pricey to buy right now but I loved them! I also like my eternity with an etoile style band or a starlight band. It is super versatile. Anyway, I hope to add to the stack over the years!

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I love stacked rings - that was my original plan with my wedding band. I am like Cehra and we did my engagement ring after the houses and kids.

Wasn''t it Coco Channel who made them popular in the first place? Classic.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I *heart* stack rings. I think the look is just gorgeous!! I wear a stack of three rings on my right hand....I get so many compliments everytime I wear them b/c I think they are so eye-catching and unique. Two of them I bought for myself at a local high-end B&M when I graduated nursing school, and the third I added to my set about a year later randomly....I had always kept an eye out for a third contender, but didnt really find anything I liked with the stack until then. I should post a pic sometime!!!

I would definitely like to start another "stack" someday....My current one includes pink sapphires, so that only goes with so much...I also have a band with white diamonds that I wear in the middle that looks very similar to decodelighted's w-band, so that one I can mix and match with other bands...ahhh, the choices!!!
2.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I want to get another celebration ring when I graduate from nursing school. I''m so excited . . . my first day of clinicals is on August 20 . . . 2 days after my 43rd birthday. I''ll be 45 when I graduate! I''ve been doing all the prerequisite classes for the last two years and got an A in everything except one B in comparative religion. Then I passed my dosage calculation test with a perfect score so now I don''t have to take that class this summer!

Yeah! I''d celebrate with more jewelry, but I''ve bought so much since my divorce that I really have to stop it. I know I was just trying to make myself feel better, but diamonds really do help
31.gif

Today I got some immunizations and soon I have to order my uniforms and stethoscope. I won''t be able to wear any of my jewelry except for my diamond studs when I''m at school
8.gif
but I probably won''t have time to miss it. School is Monday thru Thursday and I work every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so there is never a day off. At least I can wear my jewelry to work.

But anyway, I can have fun for the next couple of years deciding on which celebration ring I want to get. I like the look of two RB channel set rings stacked together, but I also like the square cut or the baguette/round ones too. I wonder if they would do one for me in asschers?

soprano87

Rough_Rock
I love them. My grandmother wore channel set rings on either side of her engagement ring; she called the "guard rings". I have a solitaire e-ring and just picked up my 2mm bead set eternity band that Quest made for me.

Just wanted to post a PSA: Tiffany celebration rings, while fabulous, are woefully overpriced. My custom Quest band cost 1/3 of what T&Co was charging for the same size/weight.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My Grammy has always worn her rings stacked. She wears four rings on her wedding ring finger and different combos of stacks on other fingers. My mom followed in her footsteps, she wears three rings on her wedding ring finger, and I want a third band to match my wedding band so I can rotate depending on my mood. I never thought of it as a trend, it''s just something females in my family have always done. Interesting thread.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 2:02:28 PM
Author: soprano87
I love them. My grandmother wore channel set rings on either side of her engagement ring; she called the ''guard rings''. I have a solitaire e-ring and just picked up my 2mm bead set eternity band that Quest made for me.

Just wanted to post a PSA: Tiffany celebration rings, while fabulous, are woefully overpriced. My custom Quest band cost 1/3 of what T&Co was charging for the same size/weight.
Yeah, I know I could have gotten a diamond band of similar or even better quality elsewhere, but I wanted a ring signed by T&CO. My whole life I''d never had any jewelry from anywhere besided JCPenny''s or Kay''s, and I just wanted something high end for once.

After I had the celebration ring, I was going around to different jewelers looking for ideas of what to stack with it, and one of them asked where I got my ring. When I told him it was from Tiffany''s, he replied, "Oh, you''re one of THOSE." By the way he said it, I could tell it wasn''t a compliment.

Oh well. If the inside of my ring didn''t have that little Tiffany and Co. stamp, I wouldn''t be nearly as tickled with it, and if that makes me "one of THOSE," then so be it
20.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I love ''em too! But as FireGoddess said, you keep needing more - they''re addictive!!

Here is my new collection (just starting!)

My FI bought me the White gold and diamond band for my Bday last month, and my group of amazing Girlfriends all chipped in and bought me the plain yellow gold one!

I think a nice eternity band would fit well as the 3rd, non?
31.gif

ENJOY!

New stacked rings.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ''everyday'' stack is the pink channel eternity and the scattered diamond band in this pic, and I add the claw set one sometimes just for fun. My DF bought the pink channel for me last Christmas, he bought me the scattered diamond band to snap me out of my grumpies when I had my wisdom teeth out, and the claw set one was a present to me, from me
31.gif

PinkEtern11_editedagain.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sometimes stack the claw set one (pink topaz) with my solitaire RHR, just ''cos
1.gif

PinkEtern8_editedagain.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results