shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s Better Than One Box from WF????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
TWO boxes from Whiteflash! Finally after waiting patiently my wife (yes we got married BEFORE the rings were done... separate story) gets her reward with her custom designed engagement ring from WF and a surprise custom wedding band to match. We shopped for months at just about every jeweler in the Houston area and one-line and saw literally thousands of rings. Her initial tastes surprised me as she seemed to be drawn to antique/engraved/pave/halo settings but this wasn''t what I thought she would like. She wears lots of jewelery and it is mostly contemporary/modern. Eventually I think it was her excitement and the draw from all the sparkles that she was drawn to. Finally we saw a semi-bezel setting and that was pretty close to what she wanted, I liked it too. But it wasn''t quite right and the jeweler wanted too much for a custom version. So I investigated WF and sent them some ideas of what we wanted they pretty much got it right on their first design. So after getting my wife''s thumbs up, we had it made. Then I decided that she still needed a surprise so I asked WF to do a custom matching wedding band and their first design was right on. Thanks to Celina, Vera, and Leon, and I''m sure several I don''t know for making these awesome rings. I must say after seeing tons of rings we''ve never seen a pair quite like this. She really loves them and they really match her style.

The center stone we got from GOG. It is a GIA triple EX and according to HCA would have been an AGS000, E color, I1. Yes I1. I was a little hesitant about buying an I1 stone so we had this shipped to a local appraiser and we looked at this and two other stones. Having an ''ideal'' cut really helps not only color but also clarity IMO. This stone does have a decent size feather but with all the light coming off the stone you can''t even begin to see it. Even with a loop I still have a hard time. The I1 definitely saved a lot of money on the stone and allowed us to spend a little more on the substantial sized setting. Definitely a good trade off for us. GOG gets a thumbs up from me. They carry a wider variety of stones and I probably wouldn''t have found this stone anywhere else.

The e-ring is 950 platinum and has 10 .1ct princess cut side stones. The euro-shank is very comfortable and prevents the ring from turning on her finger. The top of the shank is 4mm and it tapers to 3mm. It has a slight comfort fit on the inside. The wedding band is also platinum and is slightly narrower than the e-ring. It has 10 .06ct princess and 5 .03ct ACA rounds in the top.

These pictures don''t do the rings justice. The fire and sparkle I just can''t capture with my camera. But that is exactly what she wanted and these rings really crank out the fire. I can''t emphasize how important cut is. The E color was just a bonus, it wasn''t something I was looking for, but it makes the diamond so white it is really beautiful to look at. The bezel setting seems to make the stone appear a little bigger but that wasn''t our intent.

So I haven''t figured out how to post multiple pictures in one post so I will post a bunch of pictures for you to enjoy.

tn_IMG_2631.JPG

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
An ''Artsy'' picture. A little dark reflections in the stone because the camera is about 4 inches from the stone...

tn_IMG_2673.JPG

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
Here is a better shot with better lighting. I guess I should hae made these picture a little smaller...

tn_IMG_2701.JPG

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
Here is how I took those last few pictures. By turning the ring boxes upside down you can get better light on the ring and stones and not cast shadows from the top of the box or the camera coming over top of the stone. You''ll have to imagine the camera on the tripod. A steady tripod is critical to keeping focus and Canon makes great macro modes.

tn_IMG_2711.JPG

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
One last shot that better shows the eruo-shank. BTW I forgot to mention the rings are a size 6.5 and the center stone is 1.18 ct. Hope you enjoy!

tn_IMG_2667.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2007 3:57:17 AM
Author: SpeedracerII
Some more fire!
This shot is awesome!!
30.gif

Your rings turned out great, and SO sparkly! Congrats!

Thanks for the tip on turning the boxes too.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow those rings are just breathtaking! I can''t believe that gorgeous center stone is an I1. It looks amazing!!! And I love the semi-bezel setting with the channel set sidestones. It is a really unique and pretty combination. I have a semi-bezel ring myself and I like the way it emphasizes the roundness of the diamonds.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Your set is just stunning!!!! Congrats......................... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I read your post twice and don''t see the size of the main stone - did I miss it somehow? I am sleepy.
2.gif

I really, really like the mixture of rounds and princesses - the way they are incorporated on the band is really unique! Your wife must be thrilled!

FAB.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, what a stunning pair of rings!!!! I have never ever seen anything like it, it''s breathtaking and very unique. What an awesome surprise with the matching band!!!!!! Isn''t WF the best?! I just love them.......

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
TWO BOXES! Wow! What a unique set! It's really substantial and your centre stone is just perfect! Such a lovely I1 is a rare find.
36.gif

ETA: Did you mention the weight of the stone? It looks huge.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those rings!!!!! They are soooooooooooooooo beautiful. What a lovely design. Whiteflash is simply amazing!!!!!!!!!

Linda

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Speedracer:

I just love the look and "feel" of your rings.
Substantial, clean and elegant lines, yet bold (but not too much!)
The fluid design and your gorgeous diamonds make for a fantastic total effect.
I really, really, like it!
Great job!!!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, they''re really gorgeous! So unique and modern, but not too "designy," if you know what I mean. And I can''t believe that is an I1! I''d take an I1 like yours any day! They look great on your wife''s hand, too! Congratulations on your wedding, by the way! Your photos are great-feel free to shower us with more pictures...perhaps an outdoor shot? The requisite flower shot? Keep ''em coming!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very modern. I really like the e-ring setting!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous set, congrats!!!

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/25/2007 11:34:38 AM
Author: k9muttlover
I read your post twice and don''t see the size of the main stone - did I miss it somehow? I am sleepy.
2.gif

I really, really like the mixture of rounds and princesses - the way they are incorporated on the band is really unique! Your wife must be thrilled!

FAB.
I forgot to put that important piece info in the first post.. doh... but the center stone is 1.18ct and the rings are size 6.5.

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/25/2007 10:58:02 AM
Author: Sundial
Oh wow those rings are just breathtaking! I can''t believe that gorgeous center stone is an I1. It looks amazing!!! And I love the semi-bezel setting with the channel set sidestones. It is a really unique and pretty combination. I have a semi-bezel ring myself and I like the way it emphasizes the roundness of the diamonds.

Yes, I like to think of that stone as an eye-clean I1 even though technically it can''t be. But I certainly can''t see it. If it had carbon inclusions that would be different. Here is a close up of the stone... note there is some reflection off the bezel around the girdle. Can you spot the feather? This is much closer than most people will ever look at your ring, so we are very pleased with this I1.

We wanted the contrast of the round center with the square channel sets... and on the wedding band, the round stones mimic the center stone and the side stones mimic the other side stones. We really like the way they turned out.

Semi bezel is a great setting. It hold the stone very securely and does emphasis the roundness of the stone and maybe even makes the stone look a little bigger

31.gif
but that part we didn''t expect.

CopyofIMG_2672.JPG

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/25/2007 12:25:06 PM
Author: Jenn5504
WOW, what a stunning pair of rings!!!! I have never ever seen anything like it, it''s breathtaking and very unique. What an awesome surprise with the matching band!!!!!! Isn''t WF the best?! I just love them.......
Thanks! Yes we think the rings turned out great and WF was very easy to work with. The really amazing part of this whole thing is that it was done on-line. I never thought when we started this search we would buy on-line, especially something as expensive as a diamond, and a custom setting? But now I can''t imagine doing it any other way. It just so happens I''m in Houston and was able to pick up the rings in person, but that was the only real benefit of being local. Paying an extra 8.25% sales tax was a draw back!

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/25/2007 12:51:51 PM
Author: gladyskristen
TWO BOXES! Wow! What a unique set! It''s really substantial and your centre stone is just perfect! Such a lovely I1 is a rare find.
36.gif

ETA: Did you mention the weight of the stone? It looks huge.
Thanks! Yes it is a rare find and some on-line sites won''t carry I1''s. GOG was wise enough to see this stone was very clean even though technically it is an I1. But it certainly saved us a substantially on the cost of the stone. The stone is 1.18ct (the semi-bezel I think makes it look larger) and at the same size and color and cut, but but VS2 or maybe even SI1 would have been twice the cost. The shank is 4mm wide at the top and she really likes that substantial feeling. The platinum makes them feel heavy in your hands. Not everyone''s taste but it works for us.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results