shape
carat
color
clarity

too lost!need help for my ering upgrade !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asu

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!I need your help for choose my upgrade.I''ve never had a real engagement ring,I''ve always wear as my engagement ring the promise ring my husband give to me when we was 18,a 2ct oval aquamarine solitaire,so my husband let me pick up one as "christmas" present,but there are two problems.First,I have a really low budget,so I was thinking about a logr setting (or maybe a solitaire);second,I''m still pretty new to diamonds world,so everything still look so shining and pretty to me,and I can''t really decide.I know what I like and what not,but I can see too many beautiful rings!
I know that I really like the classic X-prongs solitaire,but I even like something more antique style,like the logr settings.I like the milgrain,but not the engraving.I like halos too.I love oval and radiant stones,I really like emerald and asscher too,but with my budget I can only afford a 1/2 ct stone,and those are cuts that looks even more little.I love so much the cushions with a warmer color and chunky facets.I even like the round brilliant,sure,but here diamonds are always cut round,so I want something less common if possible.Please help me make a decision!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best thing you can do is go out and try on a bunch of rings in person! You''ll get a feel very quickly for what your likes and dislikes are on your own hand and then come back here and we can of course help you. Right now your ideas are just too broad to really benefit from us helping you pick a stone.

Also, the eyecandy folder is a really fun read for setting/stone ideas! Good luck!

Asu

Shiny_Rock
thank you!The big problem is that here trying different ring is not so easy.in Italy diamonds cost much more than in Usa;even,here diamonds are for the 80% cut round brilliant.i probably have to go to Tiffany or something like that to trying something different.Before finding pricescope I even never knew that diamonds have so many cut other the round brilliant!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 5:33:03 PM
Author: Asu
thank you!The big problem is that here trying different ring is not so easy.in Italy diamonds cost much more than in Usa;even,here diamonds are for the 80% cut round brilliant.i probably have to go to Tiffany or something like that to trying something different.Before finding pricescope I even never knew that diamonds have so many cut other the round brilliant!

Ahhh, yes it would be harder there I''m sure. But I am sure you can find something to try on there too! It seems engagement rings there are catching on, or at least were the last time I was there!

Asu

Shiny_Rock
I think that the most beautiful place in italy is Ponte Vecchio in Florence!
31.gif
you''ve ever been there?I''t s really a *blingbling* place!
30.gif
I would love to go and see something there,but I think my husband would kill me!!
9.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
If you''re worried about the size and do like ovals, that''s a good thing as they often tend to look larger than other cuts of the same weight. Definitely something to keep in mind as you''re considering stones if you like the look of a larger diamond, but need to keep to your budget.

Asu

Shiny_Rock
maybe I can just buy an oval solitaire (that he would love too because is similar to the original ring he gave to me) and eventually reset it down the road..I doubt that I can have the opportunity to try others cut,so it would be probably the best choice.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Lottie UK just got an oval solitaire that I think is exquisite. I am sure yours would be also be a lovely ring. Link

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely think that oval is the way to go if you are looking for a larger spread. Ovals are so pretty in a solitaire.

Asu

Shiny_Rock
my husband have said that I can go to Florence to try some different rings,if I go with my bestfriend (he really don''t like jewelry and probably can''t survive if I took him with me
9.gif
).Maybe I''ll take some pics!
Someone here know this site?http://www.diamondsafe.com/
I think that they have really good prices for gia certified stones!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I think that going to Florence with your friend is a good idea! Ponte Vecchio has so much to look at and try on, and there are lots of stores on the streets nearby. You really have to try rings on so that you get a feel for what you like and what you don''t like. When you know exactly what you like, then take your husband with you.

I made a big mistake when we were in Florence a few years ago. My husband offered to buy me lots of jewelry while we were there, and I politely declined. Big mistake! I did end up with a beautiful cameo pin/pendant and cameo earrings, and a lovely pair of hoop earrings. Oh, and charms for my gold charm bracelet - the Vatican dome (for Rome), gondola (for Venice), and a fleur di lis (for Florence). Well, I guess I didn''t do that bad!

Thanks for taking me back in time. I hope that you find the style that you like. Happy Shopping!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 5:41:22 PM
Author: Asu
I think that the most beautiful place in italy is Ponte Vecchio in Florence!
31.gif
you''ve ever been there?I''t s really a *blingbling* place!
30.gif
I would love to go and see something there,but I think my husband would kill me!!
9.gif

I''ve been there and it is NOT a place I would buy anything, especially a diamond! But it sure is fun to look there.

Asu

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think that I would buy something in Florence,because I think that the prices are way higher that online,but I''m sure that it can help me a lot for making a decision.

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
would you consider marquise? it will look bigger at 1/2 ct. just a thought :) Hope you''ll find the rock that you''ll love.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results