shape
carat
color
clarity

New low and lovely bezel set .30tcw studs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
So, I really wanted some small everyday studs. I love bezel set studs in the smaller sizes, and fell in love with the Elsa Peretti Diamonds-By-the-Yard studs like the ones in the picture below, which I found through this post by Sumi and Lynn B. But alas, I don''t have the budget or inclination to go to Tiffany''s.

So for months I have searched, and was not happy with any of the bezel settings at most PS vendor''s sites, which to me seemed like tall gangly cups with slits in the slides. They seem out of proportion with small diamonds, usually. They didn''t have the low sleek profile I wanted...lightweight, no droop, no sagging or snagging. I knew I could easily have them custom made, but that would most likely take me out of that nice little "ready set go" price point.

But then...enough obsessive poking around, and I found my studs!

Here''s the original Tiffany pic that made my heart go pitter pat...

teenytinystuds.jpg

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
And here are mine! .30tcw, G SI2, white gold studs from thediamond.com, or Scheinerdiamonds.com. Cleverly named "Perreti" studs on their site, rather than the proper spelling "Peretti."
2.gif

L1010266.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
And because this is Pricescope, and I love the fact that this may someday help someone searching for small bezel set studs, I''ll post some more pics and some nitty gritty pics that show how they are made, how they compare, etc...

Here is the profile...

L1010269.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic next to a regular solstice type stud...pretty darned flat!

L1010273.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
The bezel has one "band" that swoops over the culet, where the post attaches...hopefully this picture is clear...

L1010285.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
PLEASE forgive the dumbo-sized earlobe that could comfortably host a 5 carat stud....I''m posting this in spite of my horror at this pic, because I know everyone wants to see studs in action...

L1010289.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
and lastly...just a random shot of the pair.

L1010279.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
BE STILL MY HEART.

I don''t even have pierced ears .. but I am heading toward the kitchen now to see if I can find something SHARP!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 2:15:03 PM
Author: decodelighted
BE STILL MY HEART.

I don''t even have pierced ears .. but I am heading toward the kitchen now to see if I can find something SHARP!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hahaha, great visual! I''m not sure the earrings would look quite as nice on your bloody gashes though....

Wallermama - I LOOOOVE THEM!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I am totally popping over to check out the site now....I have never really been a studs kind of person but something about these is just sooo perfect!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
LOVE your new studs WM!
30.gif
I really like how low they set and how big the bezel setting makes the diamonds look! Waaay bigger than .15 each!! I have a pair of .28tcw studs and they look so tiny compared to yours.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! I don't usually wear earrings (in fact you can see my ear is red from me jabbing those puppies in) so I wanted something very very everyday. Somehow the bezel set just works for me.

The other thing I liked about that site was you could choose screwbacks or friction backs for the same cost...I didn't want screwbacks. But between when I ordered the frictionbacks, and then received the earrings today, I had put in the little cz studs to see if I could bear wearing earrings again and flicked something against my ear hard and sent the stud flying under the table at a pizza place. I hit it hard enough to think I might have ripped my ear! SO I started wondering if screws would have been better.

Well, they screwed up and sent screws! Or I screwed up and asked for screws! So I'm not screwed! Well actually, I am screwed.
9.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!!! Boy-howdy, do I like those studs!!! Perfect for everyday. I think I need them. Now.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
They are so pretty! I love the bezel setting for studs, so chic!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love those! They look much bigger than 15 pointers. I think the thin bezel adds to the look and makes them look even larger. I want them!!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yeeeeeeah I just keep gazing at them...thinking how perfectly they would go with my bezel pendant...how inexpensive comparatively they would be to leverbacks that are significantly larger (my existing long term earring plan).... hmmmmmmmm...................
12.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
It is amazing how reasonably priced a good pair of .25tcs or .30tcw studs are. The jump to .50tcw (which probably would have been my ideal, but maybe not now that I have these...) is bigger, and of course, going up from there gets big big bigger...

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 2:42:27 PM
Author: albicocca
Yeeeeeeah I just keep gazing at them...thinking how perfectly they would go with my bezel pendant...how inexpensive comparatively they would be to leverbacks that are significantly larger (my existing long term earring plan).... hmmmmmmmm...................
12.gif

I love leverbacks too. But Ole'' Dumbo here would need to outlay some serious cash to get a stud size that looked right. I tried some on once and figured I''d need pretty darn big studs for it to look right. And I''m not in a place in my life where I want big rocks. I crave jewelry that I can wear everyday in the trenches of stay at home motherhood.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love them!!! Very pretty!!!
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are lovely and they look very nice in your ears!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the thin bezel. They look great!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
those are gorgeous and they look a lot bigger than .15 each. I love the low setting. Very nice!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stop it you guys ... the sound of all the "gears turning" is DEAFENING
11.gif
. I have to go back to nursing my eager, gaping lobe holes now.
31.gif
*wince*

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

Very cool! Big fan of bezels.....
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIIIIIICE!!!
36.gif

I love dainty diamond studs, and I think the bezels are perfect. You really don''t need to go bigger, I''ve always been a big believer in delicate studs. Anything too large sort of makes me think, "Are those real?"
9.gif
I NEVER wonder that when I look at big rocks on hands, but whenever I see honkers on necklaces or earrings, I automatically assume faux!! (not sure why) Anyway, back on topic...your new earrings are gorgeous and you rock in them! You so deserve those sparklies.

You betta wear those tomorrow, girlfriend!
2.gif
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those are absolutely adorable and they look quite substantial on your ear! My old studs (given to my daughter) were bezel set and I love the look!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are just adorable. great, another item to add to my wish list
20.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results