carat
color
clarity

My new rings from BGD!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
I found Pricescope a number of years ago and read a lot (aka lurked
2.gif
then). I remembered this wonderful site when I decided to replace my engagement ring with a different cut and style, and I started reading a lot. I truly appreciate all the members who share their photos, suggestions, and knowledge. I feel like I''ve learned a lot but I know it''s just a drop in the bucket compared to most of you here! I''d like to thank everyone who contributes - your posts help so many others who may never post.

My previous ring was a 3.03 ct. emerald cut diamond (E, VS1) with a 1/2 ct. E, VS1 trapezoid on either side, set in platinum. I wore it with a full eternity asscher diamond ring from Signed Pieces. Though the rings were beautiful, alone and together - classic, elegant, and well-made - I always felt like they were a little too "something" for me. I tend to be casual in dress and perhaps I felt like my rings didn''t work that well with my style. At any rate, I found myself wearing just my eternity band most of the time, which seemed like such a shame.

So I decided that I wanted to change everything. This time, I wanted to kind of go back to the look and feel of my very first engagement ring and wedding band. That first diamond (which I lost) was a 3/4 ct. oval set in a plain thin yellow gold setting with a matching plain yellow gold band (we were married in 1979). I knew I didn''t want an oval again, but I did want a much plainer setting than anything I''d had since that first one. I decided I wanted a round diamond because they are classic and timeless.

After doing a lot of reading here trying to learn about round diamonds I decided to start with Brian Gavin Diamonds and see what they had. I thought I wanted to be somewhere in the range of 2.5 cts. They had one stone that was smaller (2.2, I think) and one that was bigger (2.9). Denise suggested the 2.90 stone for me. I took a look but I was worried about its color (G) and clarity (SI1). Like many people, I''ve always stayed with what I thought were the "safe" ranges in color and clarity and all my previous diamond purchases were either E or F in color, and anywhere from VVS1 to VS2 in clarity. I was really hesitant about this stone for those reasons. Denise got Brian on the phone and he talked to me at length about diamonds in general, focusing on cut, precision, and his parameters for his branded H & A stones. He also talked to me about this particular diamond, examining it again while we were on the phone to affirm that it was eyeclean, and reassuring me about the G color. I was still a little worried about it, but after reviewing his return and upgrade policies with me, I asked Brian if I could think about it. He kindly put the stone on hold and after some thought I decided to go for it.
1.gif

Just a week and a day later, Denise called to let me know that the rings were going to arrive the next day! She sent me a few preview shots, which I am going to try to attach, along with the stone''s ASET, Idealscope, and H & A images. Here are the stats on the stone:

2.903 G SI1 Brian Gavin Signature Hearts & Arrows
9.16 x 9.22 x 5.65
Table% 55.8
Depth% 61.5
Crown Angle 34.7
Pavilion Angle 40.9
Girdle - Thin to medium

When my husband and I opened the lovely oval box and saw the rings, we both just stood there for a moment, then simultaneously we both said, "Wow."
1.gif
I compared the color to my F VVS1 pendant, and had a hard time telling any difference in color. I was able to find the inclusions using a loupe but I can''t see anything without it. The diamond is so gorgeous! And I love the setting - as you will see, I chose the Grace setting from BGD. Again, I wanted simplicity this time, and to allow the stone to be the "star".
2.gif

Many thanks to Brian, Denise, and his staff for their excellent advice and service. I am very happy with that and with the diamond and rings!

Sorry this is so long! Please bear with me while I attach some photos (hopefully!)

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
I have to rename my own photos as I didn''t realize you can''t have symbols in the name. Be back with more later!
1.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
They''re gorgeous. I like the understated, elegance, and the centerstone definitely pops!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous - I can''t wait to see handshots!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic, and simply elegant
30.gif

A plain solitare with a plain band is one of my absolute favourite styles, and with diamond as big and beautiful as yours, too!
5.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!!!!!! Congrats on your new rings!!!!!! I can''t wait for more pictures!!!!

BoulderGal

Shiny_Rock
The suspense is killing me! Hand pictures please?? Seriously, that looks amazing! What are the surprise stones in your wedding band?

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to be so long with more photos! I had some computer problems today, probably related to all the bad weather we've had.

Thank you all for the kind comments - and for your patience.
1.gif

The surprise stones are my husband's and my birthstones (sapphire for him, diamond for me). I'm very sentimental and love little sweet touches like that.

One more from BGD:

BrianGavin_GraceSet5_061610.jpg

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! So beautiful! Do you still have your old ring? I''m sure we would love to pics of that, too!!! :)

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
And I took a few flower shots (I surmised that is almost a requirement
2.gif
)

907BvwXdrFlower2Uyx.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results