shape
carat
color
clarity

My E-ring got cold, and needed a wrap! Heart-shaped.

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers! It's been a while since I've posted, but I wanted to come back to share my latest piece. I searched on PS when the idea first came into my head, and there wasn't anything like it on the site, so I thought others could use it as a resource in the future! I've been looking around, and admiring all the beautiful pieces :love: everyone has gotten for the holidays! Anyway, my E-ring is a round 1.20 ct. G VS2 solitaire in a 6-prong knife-edge, platinum setting. (I'll try to find some of my old posts later for the exact specs). I have always liked round shapes and heart shapes, and 10 years ago, I kept going back and forth in my head about which I'd prefer for an e-ring. I decided on the round, but the hearts have always stuck in my mind. I wanted to upgrade a little, but I'm sentimentally attached to my e-ring stone, so I decided to add 2 heart-shaped sidestones (to represent each of my 2 children). I did this in the form of a wrap ring because I still like the option of wearing my e-ring as a solitaire. I learned about heart-shaped diamonds, and started to search for the perfect pair about 2 years ago. I was really surprised that even after consulting with PS vendors, I was not able to find a heart-shaped diamond in the size and with the specs I was looking for. And then to find a matching pair! This past summer, I finally found what I was looking for, and ordered from B2C Diamonds. I then commissioned a local jewelry store to custom design and make the platinum wrap. I am thrilled at how it turned out! Thanks for reading and looking!

Heart Brilliant 5.29 x 5.59 x 2.99, .50 ct. E, VS1
Heart Brilliant 5.35 x 5.60 x 2.98, .51 ct., G, VS1

img_3189.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back! That's an amazing transformation! I wouldn't have necessarily thought about heart shaped stones as side stones but I really like it!

Take a bunch more pictures since you've been missing in action - yanno, kind of like your punishment! LOL!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely and original! :love: I second MissGotRocks. More pics please....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I ADORE this! Looks gorgeous!! I thinks hearts are sweet--no pun intended! :love:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I am a fan of heart shaped. Enjoy. :wavey:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! The transformation of the solitaire with the heart shaped side stones is amazing.

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
This is fabulous...a great idea, well done! Such a terrific and novel showcase of heart shape stones. I'm a fan of heart shapes and this is a really cool use of them. Congrats and thanks for sharing!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
That's awesome! I too never would have thought of hearts as side stones, but they ROCK (pun intended :wink2: )!!!
Very sweet to have each symbolize your children. Wear in good spirits and health!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This looks absolutely gorgeous!! Love the heart shaped stones, and the guard looks very well made - I love this, it's like having two rings in one! - you have the option of a solitaire on days when you want a bit less bling. Fabulous! :appl:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous, I've recently become enamored with hearts as side stones for 3 stone rings, and you figured out the perfect solution to have your solitaire and three stone! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI, HC!!! :wavey:

That is beautiful! :love: It is great to have the flexibility of having either a solitaire or 3 stone ring! It is a great idea! There may not have been one when you were looking, but Bliss actually did the same thing but with rounds before her last upgrade (and someone else had a sapphire one earlier).

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-73-soltaire-or-three-stone-get-both-thanks-idj.169812/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-73-soltaire-or-three-stone-get-both-thanks-idj.169812/[/URL]

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the kind compliments, all! I'm happy to see that there are other heart-shaped fans out there! Hi DS! Thanks for the link. If I saw Bliss' in the past, I think I missed that it was a wrap! Really pretty! I like your new watch too! =) I tried taking a few more pics to atone for my PS delinquency at MissGotRocks and LLJsmom's requests, but having a hard time catching the sparkle (frustration!). I will have to try again until I get the perfect shot. Until then, here are a couple more, and I am going to try to dig up my old thread where I posted a bunch of other pieces.

On my banana octupus...

photo_475.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this! I think heart sides are dreamy - like the chubbiest pear possible (and the chubbier the better in my book). Your jeweler did a great job bringing your inspired vision to life!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So that is SUPER fabulous. :love: :love: Thanks for creating a new WANT for my solitaire. :devil: :nono:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I love heart sidestones, and transforming jewellery is the best. :love:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
This is a very elegant wrap!
As I have a similar solitaire setting ( and just love it, I could never give it up) this is really of interest to me!
Thank you for posting!!
L.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love the sentiment behind the hearts.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous! :love: :love: I love the idea of being able to change the look of your solitaire!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a great ring wrap! I am a sucker for all things heart shaped and I love the proportions of your stones to your solitaire. It makes a perfect three stone! Love love love. Your jeweler did a fab job!

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Hello HooCares, love the versatility that your new wrap gives and the sentiment behind the hearts. And what coverage on your size 3!

Btw, love your username. Also, love the title of your thread--Nothing like two warm hearts to take the chill away! I remember your wonderful love of diamonds story thread told in pictures (I've been a long time admirer of Pricescope--years and years). You are really creative!

:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results