shape
carat
color
clarity

JAMES ALLEN COMMON PRONG TEN ROUND (Plat) with 1.31ct RB

maxs.memo

Shiny_Rock
She said "Yes!" this morning on the beach.

Proposal:

The future Mrs. MaximusFS awakens to her chihuahua who has just been dropped on her. She reaches over to see what is going on and feels a piece of card stock on the dog's harness. She reads it as she wakes up, "Mama! Papa says to meet him at the sunrise!"

Confused, she awakens and proceeds to freshen up. She and Mr. MaximusFS had always talked about going to the beach at sunrise... She walks out leery-eyed into the living room and notices rose petals (red, pink, white) spread all across the floor and notices some candles are shining brightly from across the room on the dining room table. Illuminated by candle-light she notices that there are two signs "PAST" and "PRESENT". Surrounding these words lays many corresponding old photos from when they first met through current photos of recent trips. She begins to cry tears of joy. She notices that there is a trail of rose petals that leads up the hallway to the door. "FUTURE" is signed on a small table by the doorway with a photo of where she and Mr. MaximusFS frequent the beach two blocks away. Excitedly, she grabs the dog and rushes out the door.

Two blocks eastward, she comes across MaximusFS who is standing on the beach access boardwalk with two rows of candles. He is holding a single long-stem red rose and is smiling. Stunned, she stands briefly and stares. He gestures her to come onto the boardwalk with a grin. She walks onto the boardwalk and meets him at the far end. The sun is just beginning to rise over the distant cloudcover and the sky is splashed with faint orange and pink hues.

MaximusFS gives her a reassuring hug. He tells her he's glad she met him here, because just like the sunrise to the day, this is a new beginning for their life together. He gets down on one knee and proposes. The ring is inside of a lit presentation box and she begins to laugh and cry at the same time as light splinters from the well-cut diamond. She says "Yes."

--
Then I cracked open a bottle of champagne and pulled out a bottle of orange juice and we drank mimosas on the beach.

--

Now for the eye candy:

image_658.jpg
image_659.jpg
image_660.jpg
image_661.jpg
image_662.jpg
image_663.jpg

If you want to see a rotating up close and personal go to the James Allen listing and click on the box at the lower left of the screen that says "360 HD". It was a six prong custom modification but apparently it is so beautiful they use it as their example now for the website.
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagemen...g-ten-round-diamond-engagement-ring-item-2312

For those interested ,the stats on the stone are:
1.31ctw
GIA Ex-Ex-Ex
VS2 Clarity
I Color
SB Fluor
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-dia...-i-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-231141

Review of my experience with James Allen:

Service:

- EXCELLENT. I had so much help in selecting a diamond. I spent weeks looking for the perfect mix of value and beauty, and their CSRs were helpful throughout and often went above-and-beyond.

- They also worked with me for military discount vs pricescope discount to see what produced the best price.

- Gemologist review and Idealscopes were very helpful adjuncts to GIA cert and HCA score.

- Rushed shipment to make my deadline this week. Didn't get mad when I folllowed-up incessantly.

Quality & Craftsmanship:

The ring is perfect. Even though JA claims to not specialize in custom rings, the 6 prong custom modification is beautiful. I do wish the 5th diamond was further away from the head to receive more light, but the ring is beautiful. The fiance credibly says after being in Tiffany's just a week ago that this is the most beautiful and elegant ring she has ever seen.

Timeliness:

- Excellent.

- The ring arrived on-time. They told me I would receive it no later than 27 September, and I received it that day. Minor complaint would be that for a period of time they were unwilling to guarantee that date, although I suspect that may be asking too much.

Presentation:

- Excellent. They also provided a H&A viewer upon my request as I had a strong suspicion a GIA Ex-Ex-Ex would still show a very nice arrows pattern. (WHO CARES ABOUT HEARTS WHEN THE DIAMOND IS MOUNTED).

- The box and packaging were very elegant and they provided a laminated copy of the appraisal.

Constructive Criticism:

- When I selected the diamond I eventually bought, they were unsure for a few days whether it was still available. This is a small downside of working with a virtual diamond inventory. Obviously it didn't effect the purchase, because they did locate the diamond and expedited the gemologist review so there was really no major impact on my timeline or on the sale.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with my James Allen experience. Would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a quality ring, great customer service, and a reassuring online buying experience.

Everything was perfect, and I am additionally greatful for all of the help I've received on Pricescope!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow I have a tear in my eye! Congratulations! :appl: What a beautiful proposal and a lovely ring! :love:

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, MaximusFS! Beautiful ring, beautiful proposal, beautiful couple!! :appl: :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very well done, you really made the proposal very special and romantic! :appl: And the ring is gorgeous, looks amazing on her :love: ...and you two make such a great looking couple! I really enjoyed your story, thank you for sharing it! (and I love that the pooch was there hehe!)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! Glad that you had a great experience with JA and that you beautiful proposal went so well. Your ring is beautiful as is the diamond. :love: You two make a lovely couple. Best wishes on a wonderful life together.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww, what an amazing proposal and a gorgeous ring! That's a story you'll be telling your grand kids someday! Congrats on your engagement!

maxs.memo

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words. We are very happy and lucky to have one another! Hope you're having a good weekend.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Start to finsh...well done! :appl: :appl: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
double*

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1380402013|3528997 said:
Awwwww congrats!!!! That's an awesome proposal story and you two are adorable ::) :appl:

But I do have one question - did you drop puppy on her and then run out? Or was puppy trained to jump at an alarm? :bigsmile:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I literally just got all teary-eyed... what a thoughtful proposal!! Love the photo with the beautiful pinks and blues of the sunrise -- that should be framed and displayed at your engagement parties!! Beautiful couple! Wishing you lots of happiness!! =)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1380402043|3528998 said:
But I do have one question - did you drop puppy on her and then run out? Or was puppy trained to jump at an alarm? :bigsmile:

I wondered about this, too!! :lol:

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are just beautiful together :appl: :appl: :appl:

Congratulations on the start of the future. May it be long, and full of love and laughter. Congratulations on your engagement.

Oh and that ring is absolutely gorgeous too - what a keeper you are! Enjoy this special time together.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I've enjoyed waking up on Sunday morning to this. A beach, a dog, a sunrise, a young couple in love and a stunning diamond ring. You captured your engagement beautifully in words. Thankyou.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't get better than that! Congratulations to the three of you!!! Beautiful trio!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, beautiful couple, and sweet proposal! :appl: :appl: :appl: (and gosh, she looks great considering she was awakened before dawn!!!)

Congratulations!!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful proposal story! You put so much thought into it :appl: You two are an adorable couple :)) Cute pooch, too!

The ring is gorgeous, fantastic choice of diamond and setting :love: Congratulations!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a beautiful couple, ring and dog! many blessings and I wish you much happiness for your future... this is the place to come to learn and so many helpful people! beautiful ring! :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wonderful - thanks for sharing with us! The ring is beautiful and you guys make a lovely couple - congrats!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a sweet, thoughtful, heartfelt proposal! You guys are a lovely couple. And the ring of course is stunning!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pictures are beautiful as is your story! Congratulations! The ring is perfect! Thanks for sharing it all with us!

maxs.memo

Shiny_Rock
The dog is a wonderful companion, but no he was not trained. This morning he was unwittingly dropped onto my new fiancé :)

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

It's looking like we may need to return the ring for resizing. Barely clears her last joint but is very loose... We might try going down 0.25 sizes. (Of course she'd try it on at the store first...) Thoughts?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! And the proposal had me on tenterhooks, like a fabulous book! Well done! :appl:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely story - so romantic! Congratulations to you both and the ring is beautiful :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results