shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this ER substantial enough to wear wothout a band??

Oval-Lover

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Please give any opinions you have about how my ER looks worn without a wedding band. I really like wearing it without a wedding band sometimes because it makes my center stone pop and be the center of attention.

Please let me know if you think it looks like too much of just an "ER". I know we can wear whatever we want to but I don't want to look like I'm "just engaged". I don't know if it can "hold it's own" worn alone. I want to still look like I'm married.

My ring size is 6.75 and the center stone is 1.5ct. I'm not quite sure of the side diamonds but I think they are 1/3ct. The band width is 2.5mm.

Thank you so much.

_31198.jpg

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
I'm a one ring only girl... my very first wedding set (same husband!) was a pear solitaire on a plain gold band, with gold bands on each side - SOLDERED together!

Since I'm a fan of wider all in ones, I would wear yours with maybe curved diamond bands on each side?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is. It looks lovely by itself. You have to love it that way though.

Oval-Lover

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I like it by itself. It looks way better in person!! For some reason, the pics I take are coming out really dark and dull!! Maybe it's my phone camera or the lights in my kitchen that are low and not bright white lights.

Thanks for your replies.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, I think it looks fine by itself! But I notice that sometimes a thin band can make an ering stone "pop" a little…maybe you could try on a thin band with it to see what you think. I bought a narrow gold band to go with the ring in my profile pic and it's a nice complement to it without taking away from the center stone. But I think your ring looks very nice by itself if that's how you prefer it.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks fine by itself.
And I agree, wearing it by itself makes it pop.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since its not the traditional solitaire ER, it doesn't say engagement ring to me but lovely diamond ring. :))

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a fan of one ring also. A thin band is fine also, but nothing lets your diamond stand out as wearing it solo. I love the "less is more". Sometimes a stone gets lost with too many bands going on. Just my opinion :wavey:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may be a lone dissenter, and I do think it's a beautiful ring, but it does look more "ering only" than "ering/wedding ring" in terms of presence, IMO. I think it's because the band is thinner compared to the beautiful diamond's size. When I think of "two in one" rings, and this is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt, I think wider shank, or maybe a 5 stone ring. Again, just my opinion.

If you love it, rock it and worry not, because I wouldn't worry about others' opinions if they weren't paying my bills or putting a roof over my head. ;-)

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks lovely as is! I would just wear what you like and enjoy it. :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1434578645|3890542 said:
I may be a lone dissenter, and I do think it's a beautiful ring, but it does look more "ering only" than "ering/wedding ring" in terms of presence, IMO. I think it's because the band is thinner compared to the beautiful diamond's size. When I think of "two in one" rings, and this is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt, I think wider shank, or maybe a 5 stone ring. Again, just my opinion.

If you love it, rock it and worry not, because I wouldn't worry about others' opinions if they weren't paying my bills or putting a roof over my head. ;-)

+1

Oval-Lover

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all of you for your great replies!! You all make me feel so much better!! I think I needed some reassuring. :appl:

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks beautiful on its own- and would also look beautiful paired with a thin/medium width gold band. A plain band wouldn't take away from the e-ring at all! Maybe you can get a gold band for your right hand and switch it over to your left when the mood strikes. Either way, great ring! :)

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Why yes, yes it is substantial enough.

I also think a channel set band would look killer too :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results